Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2005 at 1:27 PM Last edited by Delphy : 22nd May 2005 at 11:53 PM.
Default MTS2 Donation Drive REACHED - thanks all + Site News
Hi All,

I'm sure you have all noticed the site slowing down a lot lately, and indeed threads have been popping up with all sorts of problems. As staff, this has been just as annoying for us as it has been for our members.

We've been discussing behind the scenes what to do about the problems everybody has been experiencing, and really we came to the conclusion that our current hardware can no longer support the site.

To that end we've researched and decided on a new hosting company (layeredtech.com to be exact), and we'll be ordering a bunch of new hardware for the site.

However, to do this, we need to come up with quite a hefty setup fee - $700 to be exact. So, we kindly ask that if you are able to donate, please do, so we can raise the required money to move ISPs.

I've reset the donation box down to zero and put up a Target value so you can all see how close we are.

Lastly, let me say thanks to everybody who is an MTS2 supporter, and to all who have donated in the past. It's not often we need to ask for donations in the site news like this, and I hope you all understand the need to.

Regards,
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th May 2005 at 1:46 PM
where do i send the money??
Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th May 2005 at 2:01 PM
Hmmm Delphy,
The required goal isn't really showing up on my screen....just the $ sign

Its fun to be a Sadist.
*The Pain & Pleasure Principle*

Save the world and drown a politican today!

El diablo sabe mas por viejo que por diablo!
Instructor
#4 Old 20th May 2005 at 2:14 PM
Darkmoon is right...I just donated $10...it still just has the $ and the %...no amount.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#5 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:03 PM
Delphy has to manually update the amounts, I believe.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2005 at 3:10 PM
Not any more :D

I had a bug in the code which I just fixed, so normal donations will appear instantly. MTS2 Supporter subscription donations still don't appear in the box though.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 20th May 2005 at 6:49 PM
It didn't change after my donation, but that's probably cos I got a page of PHP errors when it tried to reconnect to MTS2. But I got the receipt from PayPal ok.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th May 2005 at 6:51 PM
Hrm, I'll have to check that out, thanks Inge.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 20th May 2005 at 7:50 PM
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]i'll put out the Mod the sims 2 .com donation box on my desk .[/COLOR]
but wat will happen when the site is to big for the hard where that we can make?

no ears
#10 Old 20th May 2005 at 8:29 PM
dean,

That's part of why we are changing hosts. At the new host it will be easier and less expensive to add a new server when we need one. The monthly costs are being covered now without a problem.

RG
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 20th May 2005 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RGiles
dean,

That's part of why we are changing hosts. At the new host it will be easier and less expensive to add a new server when we need one. The monthly costs are being covered now without a problem.

RG

i maen what the server can take becouse there can be only sooo many and that there is not enouhg space

no ears
#12 Old 20th May 2005 at 8:37 PM
Not sure what you do mean, Dean. Space isn't an issue at all. Memory and bandwidth are the 2 issues.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th May 2005 at 8:49 PM
Not sure what you do mean, Dean. Space isn't an issue at all. Memory and bandwidth are the 2 issues.

where are all these server going to be put. thay'll run out of space where the hardwere can be put

no ears
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th May 2005 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dean de beste
where are all these server going to be put. thay'll run out of space where the hardwere can be put

Dean, you do not need to worry about it. If something like that happens, we'll deal with it accordingly.

DDO
#15 Old 20th May 2005 at 8:54 PM
The servers are in a facility run by the webhost. If they have so many servers that they run out of space, they will buy more space and be thrilled to death because it means their business is going very well and they are making a ton of money.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th May 2005 at 11:21 PM
The servers are in a facility run by the webhost. If they have so many servers that they run out of space, they will buy more space and be thrilled to death because it means their business is going very well and they are making a ton of money.

yeah well i wish the best for the swicht over i'm making my onw home server. but did you hear that a german guy put his pc in salid oil. besouce it was a server and was alway's on he got sick of the sound and put the pc in sald oil. it is now working for 1 year.. but i wish my self luck becouse i'm swichting over to bissness dls . i hope that the server will work.

no ears
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st May 2005 at 1:41 AM
The total didn't change after my donation just now, but I got the same packet of errors afterward. I got a receipt, though.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st May 2005 at 3:20 AM
Okay I'll donate a.s.a.p. Gotta wait till Monday though I believe.
#19 Old 21st May 2005 at 8:46 AM
Yep. You deserve as much support as you can get, but how? Wasn't there some accusations about Penpal a little while ago?
Instructor
#20 Old 21st May 2005 at 9:29 AM
PenPal? Do you mean PayPal? I've been using PayPal for 3 years now with no problems (as a merchant and a buyer).
I have already been set up as a MTS2 supporter, but I will see if I have some extra money this month to donate additionally.
Cant wait to see the improvements that will be made :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st May 2005 at 10:35 AM
If anybody gets the page of errors, can they please PM me with them so I can figure out whats going wrong... thanks
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 21st May 2005 at 1:55 PM
can i pay a one off payment via direct credit card. i mean not to use pay-pal. and just pay whit master card?

no ears
#23 Old 21st May 2005 at 4:13 PM
We don't have an account to process credit cards. The only way to make donations is through paypal.
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st May 2005 at 6:11 PM
How about you limit what people upload and upload only the very best.
Faster kill pussycat
#25 Old 21st May 2005 at 7:35 PM
the one jedimaster

That is not what this sight is about. It is about Ppl coming together that love a game and helping and sharing with others that want and need help. This sight would not br so big and so warm if we had haves and have not sorted by what they can or can not pay. I give what I can but there are thoses that can not give and those that wil not give because they feel that they have spent to much on the game and all the new stuff they have had to put in their PC. But what MANY MANY of those ppl do give to this sight is there brain. They spend countless hr. helping ppl work out their problems or teaching others how to mod or recolor or ......
So that is not going to happen. But if every one that CAN gives say $1 or $2 then delphy would have nuzz to run this whole sight for a year or more.
nova
Page 1 of 4