Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 4:17 AM
Default Problems With The Caw, Do Not Open, Do Not Load Anything In City Edit Mode
Hi, I'm faithful to the Sims 3 because it allowed me to build worlds to my liking, explore them and build my stories. Now I want to start a new project but my CAW does not open the game to be able to edit it, I mean.

My problem is simple, first I am in CAW with the Version: 0.2.0.197 and for sims, I have the version 1.67.2, my computer meets all the minimum requirements, and a little more, the game is fluid and I have not had problems in fluency and things like that.

However, when I am building the world in CAW, you know, roads, batches, accessories, when I give "Edit in city" mode I can not access, it remains as if I wanted to load the game, the screen inside the CAW is put in blue but at 3 seconds it returns to normal, that is, it never opens the game to be able to open it and edit the city, it does not load anything.

I have researched a lot but I have not found anything ... please help me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 11:35 AM
I think I read somewhere that the recommended specs are too low for what the game (and CAW) needs to work right. Please post your specs here!

Also, I had similar problems at one point. What really helped me was to do all of this:

1. Clear your caches often, especially right before running the program.

2. Convert as many sims 3 pack files into .package files as safely possible (Do not merge any sets that have counters or it will break them! Or worlds!)

3. Merge any .package files you can into easy to understand files, like all of your build mode items into one file (or a few, but keep the amount of package files when you're finished small!)., all of your CAS hair into one file etc.

4. Do not use CAW edit in town mode with anything but what you absolutely have to have in your mods folder! This means pull EVERYTHING but what you need to build your world. When I do this I pull every CAS, mod, sim, or misc file I can out of my mods folder and move it to a folder on my desktop. This helps SO MUCH with crashing for me.

All of this aside, I have found EIG to be very unstable. I have read a lot of posts saying CAW is prone to issues. What I recommend is if you cannot build in edit in game mode to export your world once you are ready to build (I always do lots as the very last thing in my worlds), and then build the lots up in a save. Then save the lots to the library.

If you can open edit in town after this, plop the lots down from your library and save every 1-3 lots depending on how often you crash.

Hope this helps!
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 5:49 PM
If you were able to use it just fine in the past, did anything change between then and now? If so, what? Does EIG work with other worlds you try to open or just not with this one?

Have you tried any of the solutions from here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595