Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 10:15 PM
Default Reasons Why the Sims 3 is better than the Sims 4
Feel free to post your reasons here! :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 10:36 PM
for a reason?
It would be like pissing on a lying one, not very 'fair play' in my book.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 10:54 PM
(Is this an attempt at baiting?) I need to verify lmao
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 11:24 PM
To me the games are so dissimilar even though supposedly in the same genre (life simulations) that the original question is equivalent to one like, "Why is a pint of ice cream better than a jar of spaghetti sauce?"

Some will always prefer one while not liking the other. Many will like both for very different reasons, just not at exactly the same time. And the quality of experiences from either can range from awful to very nice/perfect, depending on what we do with them and what options we may add.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 3:03 AM
Sims 3 = Apple made of strawberry pudding
Sims 4 = Orange with creepy eyes and fake plastic hair
Sims 2 = Extra large, super-cheesy pizza, also with creepy eyes

IMO, you can't really compare any of them and it's all subjective anyway, so what's the point of doing so? Hasn't the "This game iteration is way better than that one!" and the endless childish arguments about it been done to death already? Can we be grown-ups now? I mean, that horse is so dead that there is no trace left of it whatsoever.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 9:05 AM
Good grief this topic has been beaten to death at least 1000 times already. For 5 years. Let it rest in peace.
Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:58 PM
I am in favour of beating this topic to death at least 1000 times more. I mean, I can write an essay by now about why TS4 is lacking and only shines on the surface. This is my talent I think when a game annoys me to bits. And I also really enjoy that for some reason. I can really dwell on these things.

I also love (and sometimes hate when things go belly up) TS3, but I also would like to see some bits and bobs from TS4. So I much rather prefer a TS5 that is basically an improved TS3 and takes some of the useful stuff from TS4. Just not that incredibly badly executed nonsensical emotion system that makes every sim behave the same. It is so incredibly flawed, which would take me a seperate chapter (essay is becoming a book). I hate it! So yeah, TS5 please, so that we can all look back and point fingers at TS4 and laugh.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 6:20 PM
An essay? I could write a limited Netflix series about it, and then renew it twice. Not due to success, I'd assume, but the material is there.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 11:36 AM
There are many many many many many maby reasons TS3 > TS4 why it can be said is better. Different reasons for different people. If I had to summarize, TS4 wasn't inventive and really many omissions from previous games outweight the significiant features it has. Compare that to TS3, offered more new additions to table despite berable shortcommings, where TS4 there were barely of new features, some of which are poorly executed, and there are like hundred still missing that overshadow the merit of the game.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 2:45 PM
I was on r/thesims and the sims 4 people were excited about getting lounge chairs. I mean, come on! That was base game for Sims 3. We're talking about a game where they didn't even include swimming pools or toddlers both of which have been standards since the original games. Some aspects are nice, like the ability to chose gender presentation, fertility, and how a sim pees in the beginning, but that soon gets overshadowed by overwhelming drawbacks. Stepping back to a closed world, removal of the CAST tool, only 3 traits. In the Sims 3, we may not have an emotions system, but sims all react differently according to their traits. A supernatural skeptic gets startled and scared when the full moon rises and a werewolf transforms. A supernatural fan gets excited and cowards literally faint and pee themselves, meanwhile daredevils get the sudden wish to go explore the graveyard when there's zombies roaming about. We may not be able to multitask, but that's a lot of nuance.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:24 PM
I've never understood all the fuss about multitasking in particular. TS3 sims can multitask. That's what I would call sims chatting autonomously and raising (or lowering) their relationship scores with each other while also having a meal or watching a television show together. Or sims bopping around in their chairs enjoying music while also reading or studying. Or using the MulitTab store item in a number of different ways.

That all may be more subtle than say making a pizza from scratch while folding laundry, but I can't do tasks like that at the same time IRL either. Am positive I would soon enough end up with my pizza folded neatly and put away while my clothes got tossed in the air and then baked in the oven.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:37 PM
Two words for me: open world. Although it isn't just that TS4 isn't open world. It doesn't feel like a world to me at all, since buildings aren't even connected. It's like everyone exists in a void until the lot is loaded. I can't stand that.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 3:59 PM
Two words: Color wheel
dodgy builder
#15 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:17 PM
Ã… spar meg!!

Yes I know this is an English forum, why don't you google like normal people do. Sometimes native words can't be trumped.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 5:42 PM
Hahaha I know how you feel though.
(And I'm a bit smug that I understood that without Googling it.)

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:25 PM
Simple Logic, Sims 3 will actually run (read crawl with excess CC) on my laptop, and I own all the expansions. I don't own sims 4 or have the money now for expansions.. Ergo Sims 3 is better than 4 :P

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge

The knowledge that there is a 'Highway To Hell',
while there is only a 'Stairway To Heaven',
speaks volumes to me about anticipated traffic...
It also tells me where the better party will be...
dodgy builder
#18 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Hahaha I know how you feel though.
(And I'm a bit smug that I understood that without Googling it.)

Congratulations :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GabyPurpleB
Two words: Color wheel

I'm still perpetually amazing by all the types of buildings I can make with CaST + the stencil remover.
http://modthesims.info/d/478307/rem...01-16-2014.html

Of course, the Wallpaper/Floor hider is also super important as it cleans the catalogue up and makes it easier to figure out which wallpaper is needed.
http://modthesims.info/d/420063/wall-floor-hider.html
Mad Poster
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 10:02 PM
......Wall/Floor hider? Damn, must've been out of the loop on that one. I guess it looks a little bare in there with everything collapsed though, because I'm getting 2009 base game flashbacks. Then again, the mod hasn't been updated since fucking Ambitions so it'll probably be fine.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#21 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 11:15 PM
Barer is probably better considering how awful most of EA's default swatches are.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 11:18 PM
I don't know, it's not like the game spends an age loading all of them in. Unlike, say, the swatches in CAS and the patterns in CASt. Thankfully, you can collapse the swatches. Only thing you could do for CASt, I imagine, is split the categories up further.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#23 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Sims 3 = Apple made of strawberry pudding
Sims 4 = Orange with creepy eyes and fake plastic hair
Sims 2 = Extra large, super-cheesy pizza, also with creepy eyes

IMO, you can't really compare any of them and it's all subjective anyway, so what's the point of doing so? Hasn't the "This game iteration is way better than that one!" and the endless childish arguments about it been done to death already? Can we be grown-ups now? I mean, that horse is so dead that there is no trace left of it whatsoever.

mmmm, Pizza is good. Creepy eyes and all.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I've never understood all the fuss about multitasking in particular. TS3 sims can multitask. That's what I would call sims chatting autonomously and raising (or lowering) their relationship scores with each other while also having a meal or watching a television show together. Or sims bopping around in their chairs enjoying music while also reading or studying. Or using the MulitTab store item in a number of different ways.

The Sims in 3 can't have an angry poop and carry non-sequitur conversations though.

"I'm angry at my constipation!"
"How are rockets made?"

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#24 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 9:12 PM
Because I rather like my sims 3 characters than my sims 4 they are more developped.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Scholar
#25 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I'm still perpetually amazing by all the types of buildings I can make with CaST + the stencil remover.
[url]http://modthesims.info/d/478307/remove-stencils-overlays-from-build-buy-cas-objects-in-game-edited-01-16-2014.htm

I forgot this existed and was already in my game.
This is what happens when you're old and take long breaks from playing.
Thanks for the reminder.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Page 1 of 2