Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Tartan McBadgerface
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:41 PM
Default Meet the Creator - Bakie - June 2019

Our June creator is the incredibly talented Bakie, who has been creating all sorts of useful animated items, landscape additions and decor amongst other things

Hello everyone,

I've been asked for the "Meet the Creator" interview of June and as this my first time ever doing such an interview, I hope you will all like the outcome!
First of all, I'm Bakie also known from the BakieGaming YouTube Channel on which you can have a closer look at all my mods ever made with handy tips and tricks on how to use them in your game and tutorials about making mods yourself!
(As I think the more creators the community will have, the more unique mods will be made) Anyway, let's start the interview now.

1. When did you start playing The Sims Series and what attracted you to it?
I'm not sure when exactly it started, as I did play the Sims 1 back when I was a little Bakie, but I can't remember much of it. I do think that I really played that one the most as in actually keeping your Sims alive..or not. Having the possibility to make your own "story" was something which attracted me back then I think.

2. What is your favourite installment of the Sims series?
Many years later I stumbled accross The Sims 3 which was already out for a year I think, became more of a builder but quit playing after The Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack. Don't really know why though as I really loved The Sims 3 so far. It probably had to do with a Dutch forum I was team member of and stopped to excist.
As I still play The Sims 4 now and not thinking about quit playing, I think this has to be my most favorite installment.

3. If you could only have one expansion/stuff pack from any of the series and it would work with your preferred instalment (1,2,3 etc), what would it be?
Well, I'm going to cheat a bit here. There isn't really one pack I can think of, but I would absolutely LOVE to have The Sims 4 Create A World. I did played with it a bit for The Sims 3 and absolutely loved it.
Also because the fact I love to build things as natural environments now (with a bit of help from my animated mods), I think being able to build a whole world would be my absolute Sims 4 dream.

4. When did you start creating for the game and what made you decide to become a creator?
The Sims 4 was my very first game ever for which I created mods. Haven't done anything like that before, but was a bit surprised that it was that easy to create new wallpapers or clothing recolors with the tools provided back then. (WallEz for wallpapers and
the ColorMagic tool for clothing) I haven't played the game itself that long because of the modding. After making my first mods, I only made more and more. There are still a lot of things from the Base Game I still haven't seen because I don't play the game except for testing my mods and building stuff. (Which is a bit bad of course)

5. What is your favourite thing about being a creator?
What I like the most about being a creator is that you know that people who download your stuff will probably have even more fun playing the game. Everything I make is because I want to have those things in game myself, but seeing that many people appreciate the work I do as a creator, really makes me happy!

6. What was your first creation? Photos welcome!
My first uploaded creation was a pack with Black Baseball Caps and T-Shirts with Watchdogs logo's for men
At that time I also played the first Watch Dogs game on my PS4 among a few others. That's where my modding adventures began!

7. What creation are you most proud of?
I really have no idea, I think it will be a certain pack that I plan to make in the future and for which I learned something new modding-wise recently with help of the lovely icemunmun. (It first has to be made and released though before it can make me proud)

8. What is your most/least favourite thing to create?
That's an easy one, my favorite thing to create is an animated mod! And with Island Living being released this month, many new ideas will be born, made and released in the future to make my lot in game, but also your lots to feel more alive.
My least favorite things will probably be CAS and Wallpaper recolors (Yes, those were the things my whole modding adventure started with!). Although I did like to make the less regular recolors with animated glowing parts on both the wallpapers as clothing.

9. Are you influenced by any other creators (for The Sims or elsewhere)?
I think just seeing the people creating stuff just after The Sims 4 was released made me think, as they can do it, I can do that too!

10. Who is your favourite Sims creator(s)?
I don't really have a favorite Sims Creator as there're a lot of good creators with each their unique creative ideas in the community and I'm sure even more will rise!

11. What piece of CC would you recommend to anyone reading this (yours or otherwise)?
I think for the people creating mods or starting to create mods, the UI extension cheat by weerbesu is a very handy thing to have as it let's you control the time and such. I always set my time to 11Am and use Seasons Weather Machine to make the sky clear, before starting to make screenshots or videos. I also like the Wrench-Icon Hider from AOM (Andrew & Orangemittens) as it makes the object catalog in game much more clear.

12. What tips do you have for up and coming creators?
Don't hesitate to start making mods if you want to. Also don't think no one will download your mods, there're always people who like what you make. Even the weirdest things. I once made a bin which could be used as a toilet, why? The main reason as I needed it for a tutorial, but other then that, who needs a bin where you can pee in? 3527 people so far apparently!

Quick fire:
1. Maxis Match or Alpha/Uncanny Valley?
Maxis Match, but with a lot of animated effects to make it feel more realistic and alive on your lot.

2. Willow Creek or Brindleton Bay
Brindleton Bay! Beaches, Waves, Oceans, Seagulls, Sandpipers and more cool effects

3. TS4 seagulls or TS4 crocodiles?
Then I have to choose for the crocodiles, you can make cool looking swamps with those.

4. Summer or Winter?
Summer, definitely. You can go outside and see more animals as most animals don't like the cold weather here in The Netherlands either. And nature overall is much more alive in summer of course. (Winter can be beautiful too of course)

5. Premades or OCs?
Doesn't really matter as long as I cheat their skills up so they can control the weather machine if needed for my mods showcases.

Thank you so much for taking part, Bakie and for beautifying our games!! You can check out Bakie's work here on MTS, on Tumblr and on Youtube
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 11:16 PM
That was very interesting interview. Thank you. Never mind of The Sims 4 CAW before I read. I don't expect if only it can be made by EA team)) They are too lazy already to make such a cool)) But that would be some groundbraking to make anything cool like TS4 Cronor :cylon:
Can't wait to see yours & IceMunmun collab.
Vic ^_^

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 3:45 AM
Hello Bakie! It was nice to read about you, I tend to use your mods, they are useful. And I like how you do your videos. Greetings!
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 8:18 AM
So great to get to know more about you! I use quite a few of your mods in my game and I love them all so much! I can't imagine building or playing without them! :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 12:42 PM
This was cool! Thanks!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 1:40 AM
I am so glad to see this showcase, Bakie...

...I love all your mods!

...and, I just love your sense of humor - it is one of the nicest things about you: your joy in everything :D

Suzanne - Download Junkie
Quote:
Be careful what you wish for... you just might get it. - Uhura
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 4:13 PM
Bakie never ceases to amaze me with his mods, he's such a wonderful and creative CC creator.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 5:46 PM
Nice to meet you! :lovestruc
Instructor
#9 Old 29th Jun 2019 at 6:21 PM
Hi Bakie, nice to learn more about such a talented creator