Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2019 at 1:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Riverblossom Hills Issue
I was in my Sims 2 game the other day and noticed some sims where missing from the family bin in Riverblossom Hills.
  • Gieke
  • Larson
  • Ottomas
  • Ramaswami
Now I knew Ottomas was missing but didn't think much of it because I decided not to use them anyway. As for the other missing families I really didn't notice that they were missing until I wanted to use the Larson family. I went into Bluewater Village to see if that would help but it didn't. While in Bluewater Village I noticed all the houses that should be occupied by such families as Jacquest and Tinker among others where all missing, families not the houses and businesses. I did open the neighborhood in the SimPE and found the following in the Sim description:
  • Jason Larson (G001_User00258) Species: Small Dog
  • Priya Ramaswami (G001_User00225) Species: Human
  • Florence Delarosa (G001_User00257) Species: Large Dog
  • Checo Ramirez (G001_User00254) Species: Large Dog
  • Malcolm Landgraab IV's ancestor Malcolm Landgraab II (G001_User00296) Species: Cat

I don't know when this got started or what caused this to happen but for all I know this could have started when I first started playing this neighborhood.

I was thinking of taking Jason, Florence, Checo, and Malcolm and changing there species to human but I don't want to do that if it causes major issues for Riverblossom Hills. So would that be a good idea? Is there something else I can do?

I don't want to have to restart Riverblossom Hills expect as a last resort.

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th May 2019 at 1:54 AM
Have you deleted any sims or pets?
Are you on disks or the UC? If it's the UC make a backup and try fixing your game in Origin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2019 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you deleted any sims or pets?
Are you on disks or the UC? If it's the UC make a backup and try fixing your game in Origin.

I have not deleted any sims or pets. There were two stuck sims that got refreshed some years ago. I don't remember how but I did ask about it somewhere, most likely The Sims 2 forums, TSR or here, and did what was suggested. I am playing the game with disks. I can, if need be, go back to the first back-up I made after I started playing the neighborhood and see if the issue was there, as I keep all of my back-ups.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th May 2019 at 2:51 AM
Also none of the things that bork hoods? Like moving an occupied lot (sims or graves) into the bin, no moving sims between main hoods, no deleting graves (same as deleting sims) This does not mean resetting sims by deleting the instance off a lot with the hand tool, delete means from the sim bin using the bin/trashcan.

Have you run Hood Checker?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2019 at 3:22 AM
Also none of the things that bork hoods? Like moving an occupied lot (sims or graves) into the bin, no moving sims between main hoods, no deleting graves (same as deleting sims) This does not mean resetting sims by deleting the instance off a lot with the hand tool, delete means from the sim bin using the bin/trashcan.

Have you run Hood Checker?

I'm very careful about making sure not to do any of the no-nos with graves, sims, etc. so no I have not moved sims and/or graves to the lot bin. I have never moved sims between main hoods, have never deleted any graves or urns, have never deleted a family from the family bin and have never deleted a sim in use from the sim bin. As for the hood checker, I haven't used it but I could if that would help. I have already made a back-up of the game today so that part's taken care of.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th May 2019 at 5:36 AM
Are you fully patched?

What about NPC creating mods? Multi PT's, Multi plantsims, the surfing mod, the roller coaster and bumper car rides, Beks animals, tricycle, flying birds etc. Anything that includes a controller which is really a sim. Pulling the NPC/controller is the same as deleting a sim.

It's such an odd problem that's I can't think what has caused it with you being so careful.

of course, if it's the game made Riverblossom Hills that comes pre-corrupted like all maxis hoods so it could simply be that. Hood Checker can help and it will clean up some stuff, although I don't know if it can help with something as extream as a sim showing up as a cat.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th May 2019 at 2:33 PM
Are you using the original Maxis templates for Bluewater and Weather stealth hood or clean ones? Perhaps something happened and reset/defaulted those Sims to the species they are at the moment?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2019 at 6:23 PM
Do you by any chance have one of those anti-viruses that's prone to mistaking game data files for viruses? Deleting, possibly even quarantining, certain game files could well have the same effect as deleting a sim.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:04 AM
Are you fully patched?

What about NPC creating mods? Multi PT's, Multi plantsims, the surfing mod, the roller coaster and bumper car rides, Beks animals, tricycle, flying birds etc. Anything that includes a controller which is really a sim. Pulling the NPC/controller is the same as deleting a sim.

It's such an odd problem that's I can't think what has caused it with you being so careful.

of course, if it's the game made Riverblossom Hills that comes pre-corrupted like all maxis hoods so it could simply be that. Hood Checker can help and it will clean up some stuff, although I don't know if it can help with something as extream as a sim showing up as a cat.

No mods and hacks. I will try hood checker and see if it will let me run it on just Riverblossom Hills. Would changing the species in the SimPE help or be a bad idea for the neighborhood?

Quote: Originally posted by mate54
Are you using the original Maxis templates for Bluewater and Weather stealth hood or clean ones? Perhaps something happened and reset/defaulted those Sims to the species they are at the moment?

Maxis created ones.

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Do you by any chance have one of those anti-viruses that's prone to mistaking game data files for viruses? Deleting, possibly even quarantining, certain game files could well have the same effect as deleting a sim.

As far as I know AVG hasn't messed with any game files.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:15 AM
At this point, I don't think it could get any worse so it's worth a try. (changing them in simPE)

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2019 at 4:03 AM
At this point, I don't think it could get any worse so it's worth a try. (changing them in simPE)

First I'll run the Hood Checker and then check the neighborhood in the game. Second I will change the species of one of the sims mentioned in my first post and then check the neighborhood in the game. If the second thing doesn't help much I might just go back to the back-up I made and leave it at that because it's fine otherwise. I'm also tempted to go back to the one of the first back-ups I made after I started playing Riverblossom Hills and check to see if the issue was there just for the sake of knowing. I will report back what happened.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th May 2019 at 5:17 AM
That would be interesting. Hope it works!

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th May 2019 at 5:40 AM
Here is what the Hood Checker reported: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...BD82y9Q5vM/edit. I didn't do anything else other than a check.

I did try changing the species of those sims who were not human, Jason Larson, Florence Delarosa, Checo Ramirez, and Malcolm Landgraab IV's ancestor Malcolm Landgraab II but that didn't do anything as the sims, Landgraab IV since Landgraab II is deceased, don't show up. The other thing I noticed while in the SimPE is I did not see Cyd Roseland and Porthos Roseland listed in the Sim description but yet I see them in the family bin.

Is there a way I could switch to a clean template of Bluewater Village that contains all the sims that live there, Florence Delarosa, Checo Ramirez, etc. for Riverbloosm Hills?

Field Researcher
#14 Old 29th May 2019 at 8:47 AM
Your report shows a bunch of invalid relationships and incorrect subject instance memories. HoodChecker can solve that. What color background do the affected Sims have in SimBrowser? Does the browser say OK, Unlinked or No Character File? Make sure to check all four boxes to show all townies, deceased and NPCs as well.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th May 2019 at 11:18 AM
You can make as many sims 2 folders with either the game hoods or clean and empty ones or a variety of them as you want.

I use Meetmetotherivers Ubber hood sub hoods.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th May 2019 at 12:35 PM
Switching to new templates won't fix hoods that already have Maxis ones added to them. Meetme's should definitely be your go-to templates for any future hoods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th May 2019 at 2:54 PM
Your report shows a bunch of invalid relationships and incorrect subject instance memories. HoodChecker can solve that. What color background do the affected Sims have in SimBrowser? Does the browser say OK, Unlinked or No Character File? Make sure to check all four boxes to show all townies, deceased and NPCs as well.

I did go into the sim browser section of the SimPE and this is what I found:
  • Playables, NPCs and townies were all ok. Even most of the uneditables where OK.
  • In the NPCs the Unsavory Charlatan appears three times and all say no character file, unlinked and there is no thumbnail just a square box with gray to white shading.
  • In the uneditable section Cleo Shikibu, Rose Greenman, Eric Seavey, Parricia Wan, Mikey Kat, Tara Kat, Faline Kat, Samantha Kat, Morty Roth, Troy Almassizadeh and Jacob Martin all say no character file, unlinked. If they appear elsewhere, like playable or townies, it says OK.
  • There are also 5 unknowns in the uneditable section that say no character file.

You can make as many sims 2 folders with either the game hoods or clean and empty ones or a variety of them as you want.

I use Meetmetotherivers Ubber hood sub hoods.

I did find this thread and one of the Bluewater Village templates linked keeps all the families that live there but I'm not sure which one it is. Which is it and if I use it would it override Maxis' version or would be it's own custom Shopping district?

Some other things I discovered about this issue:
I want back to the first back-up I made after Seasons was installed, one from May 2007, opened up the neighborhood file in the SimPE and the Roseland family members were listed as Calvin Ng and Jason Larson. Larson family had no sims listed, Tinker none, etc so this issue must have been a hiccup that happened when I first loaded the neighborhood. I also noticed, in the current version, that some other sims, about 19 in addition to the ones mentioned in my first post, had species cat or dog instead of human and some of the blank families like Tinker and Larson weren't listed in the Family information.

Field Researcher
#18 Old 29th May 2019 at 3:48 PM
It's worrying that those playable Sims say No character file. Are you saying you have playable duplicates of them? Those 5 unknown Sims are supposed to be there. If you use it it will be a new shopping district and will add all the Sims again, assuming you already have Bluewater Village as a shopping district in your hood.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th May 2019 at 5:06 PM
It's worrying that those playable Sims say No character file. Are you saying you have playable duplicates of them? Those 5 unknown Sims are supposed to be there. If you use it it will be a new shopping district and will add all the Sims again, assuming you already have Bluewater Village as a shopping district in your hood.

Yes those sims, Cleo Shikibu, Rose Greenman, etc., are just duplicates. They appear where they're suppose to be and are OK but they also appear in the uneditable section as well. At some point in the past, I let the game regenerate the EA Games in the documents and made a back-up of it. I opened the Riverblossom Hills neighborhood file from that back-up and the duplication that happened, in the version I've been playing, was non-existent. Bluewater Village is set as the shopping district but without playable sims that should be showing up.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th May 2019 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by planettv
I did find this thread and one of the Bluewater Village templates linked keeps all the families that live there but I'm not sure which one it is. Which is it and if I use it would it override Maxis' version or would be it's own custom Shopping district?

To my knowledge, Tarlia never made an empty version of Bluewater Village, so both of these would have all the playable sims in them.
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Tarlia's two versions are:

1. Base neighborhood. This is treated as any other base neighborhood and will show up on the neighborhood choosing menu. You can put it in your Program Files folder to replace the Maxis template (recommended) or you can just drop it into the The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods in your My Documents folder. I did both.

2. Shopping District. This goes into your Program Files folder and replaces the Maxis template. You can then add it to a base neighborhood just like you added the Maxis version.

If anybody wants empty versions of the Maxis neighborhoods that have no sims at all in them, use Jawusa's clean and empty templates. Bluewater Village is in post #5.
http://www.modthesims.info/download...0#startcomments
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th May 2019 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
To my knowledge, Tarlia never made an empty version of Bluewater Village, so both of these would have all the playable sims in them.
https://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

Tarlia's two versions are:

1. Base neighborhood. This is treated as any other base neighborhood and will show up on the neighborhood choosing menu. You can put it in your Program Files folder to replace the Maxis template (recommended) or you can just drop it into the The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods in your My Documents folder. I did both.

2. Shopping District. This goes into your Program Files folder and replaces the Maxis template. You can then add it to a base neighborhood just like you added the Maxis version.

If anybody wants empty versions of the Maxis neighborhoods that have no sims at all in them, use Jawusa's clean and empty templates. Bluewater Village is in post #5.
http://www.modthesims.info/download...0#startcomments

Thanks for confirming what I thought after reading the Live Journal page that the template was a default replacement. If I were to use the default replacement, would it effect relationships in another neighborhoods because in Pleasentview I have actually played Jacquet in it's Bluewater Village and they and the other families in Bluewater Village have interacted with everyone there?

Field Researcher
#22 Old 29th May 2019 at 9:35 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot add the default replacement to a hood that already has that specific subhoodd, only new hoods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th May 2019 at 10:58 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot add the default replacement to a hood that already has that specific subhoodd, only new hoods.

Thanks for mentioning this as I have never used a default replacement before. I think the best thing I can do is leave the issue alone and work around the fact that Bluewater Village is the way it is in Riverblossom Hills because it plays fine otherwise. Is there anyway to get good copys of the Roseland, Larson, Gieke and possibly Ramaswami families without using the sim surgery for SimPE because I'm thinking that the sim surgery won't work on pets?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 29th May 2019 at 11:09 PM
I would start fresh, I don't think you are going to fix corruption on this level.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th May 2019 at 2:44 AM
I would start fresh, I don't think you are going to fix corruption on this level.

Since it looks like I'm mostly likely going have to start Riverblossom Hills over, I would like to do some things to save some stuff from the neighborhood:
  • Sim surgery any sim I want to get a clone copy of in the body shop that's not already there. At this point, Gabe O'Mackey would be the only Maxis made sim. Unless it would be better to wait to sim surgery Gabe.
  • Move any houses still in the building stage to the lot bin. There's only a few.
  • Move all the families who house I want to save to the Family bin then put their empty houses in the lot bin.
  • Once I have back-up back in where all the sims I family binned are back in there houses, pull out a copy of the empty house and start furnishing it to look exactly or close as I can get to the one with the family in it. Once it's furnished put it in the lot bin and the repeat until all are finished.

Would there be any problems doing this and is there way to get a copy of a pet from a household into the pet bin in the CAS because there are some pets I would like to save but I don't know which I saved in the CAS' pet bin so I would like to know just in case?

Page 1 of 2