Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 29th May 2019 at 5:34 PM
Gave it a try because it was free from Origin. The best thing about it is the extreme flexibility in creating a Sim - but it's annoying to have to start right out doing just that. Then once you've got the Sim, how much can you really do with it?

Incidentally, the Tutorial is the Most. Annoying. Thing. Ever. with that chirpy female voice repeating everything you can read for yourself right there on the screen - of course, part of the problem is the screen is too darn cluttered.

I don't think I'll keep it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 29th May 2019 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Maven
Incidentally, the Tutorial is the Most. Annoying. Thing. Ever. with that chirpy female voice repeating everything you can read for yourself right there on the screen

Wait wat

Is it the same patronizing female voice they use for their trailers that talks to us all like we're in pre-school?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 5th Jun 2019 at 10:10 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 7th Jun 2019 at 6:58 PM.
Played around with the base game. Boring than I expected. Maybe I just don't know how to play this game in alternative corners, but darn... the only things I find it fun in live mode is just some trivial nuance in the game. The only reason I loaded it of a share boredom, and to be frank - unfortunately the void wasn't really field. Wish I had loaded up TS2.

Meh. I'm just gonna play around more and try out has many things as possible, since I'm only at generation 1-2.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 5:57 PM
Not surprised at all that the followup to the 'get the basegame free' for a week is "everything's on sale for half price" pretty much immediately afterwards.
Instructor
#30 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Played around with the base game. Boring than I expected. Maybe I just don't own to play this game in alternative corners, but darn... the only things I find it fun in live mode is just some trivial nuance in the game. The only reason I loaded it of a share boredom, and to be frank - unfortunately the void wasn't really field. Wish I had loaded up TS2.

Meh. I'm just gonna play around more and try out has many things as possible, since I'm only at generation 1-2.

You're playing a complete game with Sims 2. Unless you want to pay out for more EPs for Sims 4 you might as well give up now. It's expensive catching up nearly five years later!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Not surprised at all that the followup to the 'get the basegame free' for a week is "everything's on sale for half price" pretty much immediately afterwards.

I kind of how like around 3rd/4th day of playing, the maps from dlc locked that I don't own only had appeared from world chooser on that time on. Before so, it had only showed the three BG ones.

Scholar
#32 Old 7th Jun 2019 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

Honestly I was expecting this sale too. It would have been completely incompetent of the marketing department to not have a sale after giving out the base game for free. EA gotta get that moneeee.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#33 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 2:20 PM
You can't name a baby? I can't exactly remember if I could or not, but really - that's like the fundamental thing of what Sims game is suppose to be. Minor thing, but If you add this to many other restrictions, than there surely something wrong with a game that's originally intended and should be a sandbox. Really, there's not even an option to change a name, so why the heck force giving a sim a random one? Forced name, shoved culture. I at times don't want any english-ism, because that's not where I'm here and how I like playing.

Scholar
#34 Old 8th Jun 2019 at 4:22 PM
I always name my babies in Sims 4, unless I'm not present when the baby is born, which only happens with MCCC story progression if I'm not mistaken.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 3:14 AM Last edited by telemwill : 11th Jun 2019 at 1:04 PM. Reason: Add mod name
This happened to me as well. I don't have MCCC installed. It happens when you play a different lot away from the pregnant Sim. When you come back, the baby will be born and assigned a random name. This happens even with aging turned off. You can prevent it by not playing other lots during a pregnancy. I think there may also be a mod here to stop it.

Edit: The mod is Auto-Pause Pregnancy v3. I am going to give it a try in my game.
Instructor
#36 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telemwill
This happened to me as well. I don't have MCCC installed. It happens when you play a different lot away from the pregnant Sim. When you come back, the baby will be born and assigned a random name. This happens even with aging turned off. You can prevent it by not playing other lots during a pregnancy. I think there may also be a mod here to stop it.

I have MCCC. Sometimes I switch households when a sim happens to be pregnant. Three things are possible:

1: The sim gives birth much earlier than expected, or has their trimester phase mysteriously sped up when I return to the household, even if I was just building a house and never spent any in-game time with another household.

2: The sim gives birth and the game auto names it (and thanks to the City Living EP's name snafu, I'll let you guess how well that pleases me).

3: The sim never gives birth and is stuck in the third trimester, moaning and groaning as though they are in labor for weeks in-game. I usually have to visit the household and force their labor with cheats to fix it. (This also happens with un-played families, too, though.)

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#37 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 10:13 AM
MCCC always tell me when a baby is about to be born, and gives me a chance to switch lots, so I can name the baby. Yeah, the safest is to play the sim that is pregnant until she has the baby, otherwise the game might name the baby for you.

Simblr
Field Researcher
#38 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:00 PM
I tried to when one randomized on me (In CAS with fulledit mode on) but no, I couldn't - so I waited until they were a toddler and fixed it.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Scholar
#39 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 8:14 PM
Nope, you can rename the fudging teddy bear, but not the baby.

Simblr
Theorist
#40 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 2:23 PM
I was actually searching for info about "Sims 5" since it's E3 Time and a link to Origin's free games for a week came up. I was laughing when they called Sims 4 "The most polished game" of the (Sims) Series??? Really? Please note I don't have any EPS so maybe it's better than the base game now but the "free" trial is only for "Sims 4" so ??? If you love Sims 4, that's great but the misinformation about how awesome it is vs. the others is just hilarious.

Glad I bought it (the only Sims 4 item I will ever buy) at a very, very low price!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#41 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Nope, you can rename the fudging teddy bear, but not the baby.

Developers give me the impression they rather save a furry over a child from getting run over, If they're put in such hypothetically unrealistic dilemma encounter. And I really, I even am getting tired of joking about this weird fascination of theirs.

Page 2 of 2