Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

2700+ First Names

by agirlnamedtex Posted 25th Mar 2019 at 5:27 PM - Updated 4th Jun 2019 at 6:46 AM by agirlnamedtex

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 6:30 PM
Great job! I was sick of the names in the game also.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 6:59 PM
I'm guessing these names will be applied to npcs right? Either way, thanks coming up with names is my greatest weakness.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsi45
I'm guessing these names will be applied to npcs right? Either way, thanks coming up with names is my greatest weakness.

Yes, they will also be applied to townies!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 12:56 PM
Sweet, thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 1:52 PM
my daughters names are on here lol they have never been on any list ive seen lol thanks #kenna #kaiya
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 3:53 PM
do I download all 3 files? where do I put them in my mods?
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ultimate_chik
my daughters names are on here lol they have never been on any list ive seen lol thanks #kenna #kaiya

My cousin named her daughter Kaiya after her dad's favorite movie Willow from 1988.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight

Only the first one. The second and third is only a text with Names.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:02 AM Last edited by agirlnamedtex : 29th Mar 2019 at 5:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FizzMidnight

You only need the first file. Extract the .zip, place the package file in your mods folder:

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 8:41 AM
Oh, It would be really awesome if this mod could work for games in swedish too :.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:40 PM
I usually go to baby name sites for names for my sims. But I still download it any way. For when I don't feel like going in to those sites. You really did an excellent job on them. So thank you for these names.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 9:23 PM
Does this mod mean that the townies have American names or that during the random choice they appear?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 1:26 PM
THANK U!I love it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:47 PM Last edited by agirlnamedtex : 22nd Apr 2019 at 5:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Daclopeda
Oh, It would be really awesome if this mod could work for games in swedish too :.)

You can download a version that works in Swedish here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=625524
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandinha95_4
Does this mod mean that the townies have American names or that during the random choice they appear?

It means both. They will appear in the randomizer, and will be used for townies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 3:25 PM
Awesome! I get bored with some of the names in the game! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th Apr 2019 at 9:51 AM
I love this! But can I use it with other name mods? So I can have more English, American, and other countries names? Or is it just one mod only? I'd a mix of names.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BookPixie83
I love this! But can I use it with other name mods? So I can have more English, American, and other countries names? Or is it just one mod only? I'd a mix of names.

"This mod WILL NOT WORK with other name mods installed. You can only have ONE name mod installed at a time, because they usually override the same resources. "
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 9:20 AM
Love this mod. Is it working with the latest patch?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hogwartsgeek
Love this mod. Is it working with the latest patch?

Yes, it has been updated!
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jul 2019 at 3:43 PM
This is such a great mod. Any plans to update it with Sulani/Polynesian names?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jul 2019 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristelrobin
This is such a great mod. Any plans to update it with Sulani/Polynesian names?

Yes, I just have to find the time, it should be soon! And definitely let me know if the mod stops working for you!
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM
Thanks so much for this mod! Any possibility to change the surnames as well? If I see one more "Gandhi" in my game I don't what I'll do.
Test Subject
#25 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dominique
Thanks so much for this mod! Any possibility to change the surnames as well? If I see one more "Gandhi" in my game I don't what I'll do.

The "Gandhi" issue can be resolved by either installing the version of this mod that blocks City Living names or installing the No City Living Names mod alongside it (although I believe these two conflict, with this one overriding NCLN). You can manually add more surnames by opening the package in S4S and navigating to the section with English-language surnames (Ctrl-F for "<T name="language">0</T>" in the XML tab and scroll past the 2700 names to the section labeled as "<L name="female_last_names" />"). Add each surname on a new line using the format <T type="String">[surname]</T>.
Page 1 of 2