Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 1:53 PM
Default The User experience survey Part 2 - The discussion forums and the hompage!
Hello! Yes, I have returneth!

Because of the success of the other survey, which was about the download browse page and the download page, we also wanted to give the folks who love to check out the discussion forum a chance to give their feedback! This one does include a few misc questions for creators that we'd love to know about as well as community-related questions, although those aren't requirements to answer.

The survey is completely anonymous, so please behave, else we'll have to tell mom!

Here's a linky to that survey: https://goo.gl/forms/3Fyetkwqh9fMXaZt1

If you want to discuss it more in details or have some great feedback to share, here's the thread link to it: FEEDBACK - What I love/hate about the discussion forums
(For the download page one, please check out this thread: The user experience survey - the download pages

Thank you very much if you're participating!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 10:27 AM
I can't find info on this. Maybe because I am getting old and senile...oh well. I made an error in opening my vacation destinations and only opened one. There is no link to open another one. Is there any way to open a second without having to create a new one?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 8:18 PM
"Thank you for filling in the survey! Your friendship with the space ponies has improved!"
I hope Im not the only one seeing this.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 12:51 AM
I did the first survey anonymously (since I forgot to sign in), but I remembered to sign in this time.

Does that make any difference or not?

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 6:02 AM
I don't even know which page is the homepage!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I don't even know which page is the homepage!

http://modthesims.info/

That?

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 6:03 PM
I still use classic.modthesims.info because the newer version gives me a headache. I'm not the only one.

I commented in the first survey that I'd be happy to test/offer feedback on designs, but could you specifically ask for volunteers to test who have vision-related problems? I know there's one regular on the Sims 2 discussion forum here who has commented about visually triggered seizures that keep her from easily utilizing tumblr, which is an extreme example of vision-related problems.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 7:10 PM
Hiya @Sunbee !

Just really out of curiosity, but is it like specific colours that make it more difficult regarding looking at the current (non classic) theme? I mean if we know what to focus on maybe it's something we can take into account when developing the site and stuff? I guess it's also that I'd love to know what's better about classic than the current theme, mainly because I personally love the current one for its colour scheme and big images on the download pages, etc. I can see why though on the discussion forums though!

Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I did the first survey anonymously (since I forgot to sign in), but I remembered to sign in this time.

Does that make any difference or not?

@Starry Might Nah, even if you are signed in the replies will come in anonymously
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 9:06 PM
@Lyralei
I really don't know what it is about the bootstrap theme: I just had my eyes tested a couple months ago, and they're 20-20 and 20-15--it's not my eyes, whatever it is. I use the site for half an hour in bootstrap and I have a pounding headache. I don't know if it's color contrasts or what. It feels blurry, which it isn't actually, but it feels like looking through the eye doctor's corrective lenses that I don't need, which is probably absolutely no help.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Site Helper
#10 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 4:23 PM
@Sunbee
Have you tried Bootstrap -Bluefish? (it's an official choice in the Style menu and works well for me. I have one eye that's 20/30 and one eye that's 20/200, with astigmatism.) The regular Bootstrap was problematic for me as well.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#11 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 7:00 PM
Yay for space ponies! Also, there was a part 1?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 4:38 PM
Part 1 referred to the Downloads.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 1:48 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 27th Feb 2019 at 3:02 PM.
Oh hello, must've gotten my threads mixed up then. Read a comment the other day on the ever-helpful SimSecret from someone who was scared of MTS because it "looks like the 00s". I think they have a valid point, it kinda does. As I was saying in one of the other feedback threads (since there are now at least 4, if I'm keeping track correctly), less is more.

Also I don't remember the story behind the BlueFish theme but it hasn't been the default for very long, and I remember considering it a major visual improvement when I first started using it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )