Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[GAME FIX] Pets can find Pet Stuff on other Floors

by Deathcofi Posted 13th Feb 2019 at 9:45 PM - Updated 1st Aug 2019 at 3:12 PM by Deathcofi : Tested in 1.53.115.1020

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 10:12 PM
I usually leave beds and bowls on the same floor for my main sim family. I did not realize this bug exists until simultaneously starting a roommate 'family' playthrough in a 2-story apartment. Thank you for this.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 10:45 PM
Thank you for solving this bug and sharing your fix with others
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 11:01 PM
I'll wait until it's confirmed this works with the latest patch, but eitherway well done! Definitely on my "must-have" mod list.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 11:31 PM
Ahh wow. I am one of those who did not know this was an issue lol. Now that I know, I thank you profusely for the solution!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 12:53 AM
I didn't realize that this was a real bug, I thought my cat was just dumb! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 11:12 AM
Thank you!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 14th Feb 2019 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsi45
I'll wait until it's confirmed this works with the latest patch, but eitherway well done! Definitely on my "must-have" mod list.

It's been tested with it (and the version number on the page is now up-to-date), so go ahead and try it!

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 5:16 AM
This explains So Much about one of my games. That cat is constantly on the verge of death and I couldn't figure out what was going on.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 8:46 AM
Was wondering if this was indeed a bug or not, does this work when you tell your dog to go take a poop outside? Didn't see it in the tuning files. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 1:36 PM
I always have the litter boxes and food bowls in every main room on a lot and so had no idea this bug existed! Now I know about it, I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 3:30 PM
Thank you for this. My cat keeps going red from hunger and I have to have my sim call her over to her food dish.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:04 PM
It's about time! THANK YOU!

I've always thought it was so dumb that pets can't climb the stairs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 3:35 AM
i legit thought it was just a problem with the pets chalked it up to dumb sims im so glad to find this fix
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 4:35 AM
Works as intended, thank you! If you can (cause I can't for the life of me find it), there's the issue of pets not relieving their bladder on their own nor when you tell them to if they are in a different floor. They give the "route error" bubble. Same with independent pets that you click on "Let Out".
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Archieonic
Works as intended, thank you! If you can (cause I can't for the life of me find it), there's the issue of pets not relieving their bladder on their own...

I've definitely have that problem with dogs! It seems like you have to train them to go on their own? (I have a couple dogs who learned to relieve themselves on their own outside if they go orange and the problem is their Bladder if you ask "What's Wrong?"

Anyway, does this work with the StrangerVille pre-patch?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 3:36 PM
THANK YOU so much for this mod! <3
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
I've definitely have that problem with dogs! It seems like you have to train them to go on their own? (I have a couple dogs who learned to relieve themselves on their own outside if they go orange and the problem is their Bladder if you ask "What's Wrong?"

Seems to work fine with the pre-patch.

It's definitely not a training problem, my dogs are trained and they still give the routing error, which is not something that typically shows up if it's working as intended.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might

Confirmed to work with the 1.50.67.1020 patch!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deathcofi
Confirmed to work with the 1.50.67.1020 patch!

Thanks again!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 4:08 PM
I was wondering why my pets were constantly complaining they were hungry and stuff when I have all these bowls/litter boxes. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 3:41 AM
THANKS, OH MY GOD, THIS MOD IS VERY GOOD!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 12:51 AM
My dog kept dying of starvation, thank you for fixing this game that I paid $40 for....smh. Modders are the true mvp's ♥♥♥, and deserve to be paid for the work (side eye at EA).
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 3:11 PM
thank you for this fix!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:54 PM
How is this with 1.51.77?
Page 1 of 3