Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:41 PM
Default More CAS Columns Mod...For TS2?
I Googled and all that came up was this mod for Ts4: http://modthesims.info/d/558052/mor...mns-in-cas.html

I was wondering if anyone knows of a mod for TS2 that allows for more columns and such in CAS? I am playing on a 21 in, FHD screen, so all that extra space that could be used for more than 6 tiles per hair/clothing category, makeup and the other general CAS creator UI functions is killing a part of me.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:32 PM
Requires Bon Voyage or Higher (jewellery)
CJH_Cas56Plus.zip (35.2 kB) moves the UI 56 pixels to the right and adds 200 to the control area, requires a screen width of 1280 min
CJH_Cas300Plus.zip (45.2 kB) moves the UI 300 pixels to the right and adds 200 to the control area, requires a screen width of 1524 min.
CJH_Cas300Extra.zip (55.5 kB) Moves the UI 300 pixels to the right and adds 596 to the control area, requires a screen width of 1920 min (attached image)
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:17 AM
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:31 PM
CJH_Cas300Plus.zip for windowed 1600x1024 works like a charm.

UPD: Out of curiosity tried out CJH_Cas56Plus.zip on 1600x1024 windowed and it works as well. Everything is... clickable... and such.
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chiklia
CJH_Cas300Plus.zip for windowed 1600x1024 works like a charm.

UPD: Out of curiosity tried out CJH_Cas56Plus.zip on 1600x1024 windowed and it works as well. Everything is... clickable... and such.

Cas300plus.zip for fullscreen 1600x900 didn't worked for me though.
Right side of screen was cut and wasn't clickable.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 6:32 PM
300Extra was too wide for my display (couldn't see the right side of the panel), but I tried 300Plus and it's perfect. Thank you!
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 7:27 PM
Works perfectly for me. 300plus was the one that looked best, but I tried out all sizes, and all remained usable and clickable (only with 300extra, the window ended up being cut off by the screen, of course, but that's because of the resolution I use, not because of the mod)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#10 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jacobaoconnor
Do you happen to have Chris's Widescreen patch he made a while ago because I was having the same issue until I realised that this does the same thing as well as adding columns and an option for mirror hairs which I absolutely love, If you do remove it I'd imagine it will work I think its because they override the same UI

Thank you. Turns out I had mentioned by you widescreen patch in my downloads. I removed that patch and this mod worked perfectly fine now. :lovestruc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 11:15 AM
Had the other widescreen mod so will try this out, thank you
Theorist
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 2:43 PM
Thank you for the updated versions, Chris. I was already using one of your previous widescreen versions, and will be swapping it out for a newer one.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 11:09 AM
i just tried 300extra and it's perfect on my 1920x1080 resolution😍
but can you make "more columns" feature compatible with pets too?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 7:23 PM
Oh my goodness! I just tried this, and they added an extra hair category!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 1:38 AM
I don't suppose there's any way to do this with the "change appearance" screen? The CAS screen is designed to adjust, isn't it?

Thanks for this though, it's wonderful!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Requires Bon Voyage or Higher (jewellery)
CJH_Cas56Plus.zip (35.2 kB) moves the UI 56 pixels to the right and adds 200 to the control area, requires a screen width of 1280 min
CJH_Cas300Plus.zip (45.2 kB) moves the UI 300 pixels to the right and adds 200 to the control area, requires a screen width of 1524 min.
CJH_Cas300Extra.zip (55.5 kB) Moves the UI 300 pixels to the right and adds 596 to the control area, requires a screen width of 1920 min (attached image)

I appreciate this so much! If you have a chance, I would definitely say this should be uploaded here on MTS so you can get a featured trophy!

This is making deleting orphans and dead CC a lot easier!
Scholar
#18 Old 11th Feb 2019 at 12:17 AM
This is wonderful stuff! Just tested the extra version which works amazing with a 1080 screen resolution - many, many thanks!
Plus the addition of the colorful hair category was a nice surprise

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#19 Old 16th Feb 2019 at 6:56 PM
I'm so sorry to use this same topic, but I was looking for something similar, so I thought @Chris Hatch might have an answer. Is there any chance for a similar mod that increases the number of columns in the "buy clothes", "change appearance" and "plastic surgey boxes" (basically the ingame CAS?) - thank you so much, your mods are very much appreciated!
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 16th Jun 2019 at 11:08 PM
This mod is really handy, it does conflict with the CAS500 mod which moves ui a little. Is there anyway to make the two of them work together without some of the added columns being unusable?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Scholar
#21 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 3:06 PM
No they can't be used together, CAS 300Plus has the same screen width of 1524 so the right hand side of the controls are the same as Cas500 but the left hand side is 200 closer to the sim.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 4:30 AM
What a wonderful mod, thank you so much! Pretty sure many players nowaday use widescreens.
Something I don't get though: The CJH_Cas300Extra seems to add a functionality to the SimBin (change gender and age from within) and adds another option for "naked" in the clothes section. However it only does that in certain resolutions and whenever it does the extra columns are back to the small/narrower view. Is there a chance to have a wide view AND the SimBin/Naked options?
My computer was set to 1920x1080 with sims in windowed mode. Those extras only showed up when in-game resolution was set to 1280x600 or 1280x720 if it was also in 1920x1080 (like my PC-screen) then I had the nice wider columns for the sections but not the extras anymore.
I also tested 300Plus and 56Plus seperately they don't seem to have that functionality at all (or I couldn't find a way to turn it on) changing to debug-modus didn't seem to have any effect on it.
I was also wondering how that new "coloured" hair bin is specified and if custom hairs could be put in there. If it's just another category number to be added with SimPE can you tell me which? Guess I can find out what the number for naked is by looking at custom "naked outfits" but the number for those would be appreciated too!
Thanks again for sharing this great mod!
Scholar
#23 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 3:15 PM
CJH_Cas300Extra shouldn't includes the naked button, there is another set of all of these (with 'N' in the filename, Cas300ExtraN.package) that do include the naked button, now I'm going to have to make sure I didn't accidently include it.

The extra hair colour is binned custom hair, it is available to sims when they use a mirror but not in CAS. Since the SimPE hair binning tool doesn't support the custom hair colour bin only Maxis hair is normally there.

While I am here I do have a wider Change Appearance UI available, increases both the options side as well as the sim image a little to make it a little clearer.
Requires a minimum screen width of 1058
ChangeAppearance1058.zip (167.3 kB)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Lucydique : 23rd Feb 2020 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Fixed Images
The extra hair colour is binned custom hair, it is available to sims when they use a mirror but not in CAS. Since the SimPE hair binning tool doesn't support the custom hair colour bin only Maxis hair is normally there.

Didn't even know that it existed
CJH_Cas300Extra shouldn't includes the naked button, there is another set of all of these (with 'N' in the filename, Cas300ExtraN.package) that do include the naked button, now I'm going to have to make sure I didn't accidently include it.

When the naked button only showed up sometimes I checked all 3 files (you posted in this thread) in SimPE and they all had the custom STR text for the button but only the 300Plus and 300Extra had the image file for it.
Here are the screenshots of the two options I found in CJH_Cas300Extra, I tested without any CC in AnyGameStarter

SimBin win extra buttons on the bottom for gender and age.

Choose Naked outfit:

How can someone get the 300ExtraN version or is it not available (yet)? Does it also include that SimBin option?

Thanks for the additional version you posted and your quick reply!
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 6:07 PM
Do you happen to have a mod like this except for Collection folders in buy/build mode @ChrisHatch?
Page 1 of 2