Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 11:34 PM
I just don't like the idea of black being associated with EVIL, is all. If the same colour coding was used with humans, everyone would be yelling about racism.

Anyway, I suggest we move back to talking about TS2 now... I'm sorry for starting this whole thing, really...

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
It gets worse: The Evil banishment spell can't actually send away intrusive NPCs like the Burglar, the Social Worker or the Repo Man. The only Sims you can banish from your lot are Sims you have invited or walkbys you have greeted.

So all your evil witch/warlock can do is invite their friends over and then poof them back home with their "nasty ebil" banishmen spell. "Mwahahahaha....?"

Pescado made a mod called interactwogreet which allows your sim to interact with walkbys, NPCs, etc. without having to greet them first. I don't think that I've ever tried this with the Banish spell, but it sounds like it should help.
Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
Has it always bothered you that you have to greet people, thus giving them free run to traipse through your house at will, even if the only thing you plan to do is pummel the living crapola out of them for kicking your trashcan? Want to just unceremoniously pummel the living crap out of them, or say a word or two to passers-by, and then let them go on their way, without having wave, hug, or do whatever it is that sims insist on doing? Want to beat the snot out of that cow? Go for it!

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Alchemist
#28 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 12:52 AM
some things I'd like::
-Neutral equivalents of each witch-made object.
-all witch-made objects have similar effect as respective witch throne.
-spells for the other become-able creatures; in shipped version there are zombies and witches/warlocks

some things I done::
-changed shipped spells to require no reagents and removed risk of failure.
-unlocked the witch/warlock outfits for Teen through Elder.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 4:24 AM
A spell to make sims pee their pants and pass out, "enchant" objects, basically all the spells from Makin' Magic, more weather-related spells (make it hot/cold along with rain/clear skies/snow/hellfire/hail), witches could try to use magic in order to "influence to" for free (obviously if it fails they'd have to use influence points). CHILD WITCHES/WIZARDS with accompanying spells. Building off that, magic should be "inheritable"
Mad Poster
#30 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I got annoyed with trying to remember all the reagents needed for each spell, so I used the mod to remove the need for them. (The Cordials still sell them at Arcane Affinity, their witchery shop. Must make nice paperweights.)

I use that mod too, but reagents are still useful for potions. Although the game could do with some more useful potions.

Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Why on EARTH would an unlucky black cat being associated with a bad witch "disgust" you?? Black/white, Ying/Yang, day/night, good/evil, positive/negative...

You know what? Maybe it's better I don't know.

-gE
>=)

Because black cats aren't unlucky and as others have said have suffered from that superstition. And Yin/Yang is feminine/masculine, so not good/evil lol.
Alchemist
#31 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 3:51 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 9th Dec 2018 at 8:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nuidyaforever
I just don't like the idea of black being associated with EVIL, is all. If the same colour coding was used with humans, everyone would be yelling about racism.

Anyway, I suggest we move back to talking about TS2 now... I'm sorry for starting this whole thing, really...

For what it's worth, I don't think you started anything and, for my part, your reaction to the perpetuation of the black = bad, white = good stereotype that supports so much prejudice in the world was clear. I, personally, prefer a discussion where people feel comfortable speaking their minds as long as they are considerate of others and I felt you did that just fine.

As an aside, I would interpret yin/yang as any complementary opposite forces.

Back to our regularly scheduled... so, Sims, witches, I pay no attention to the alignment in the game myself. My witches just study everything in the book.
Theorist
#32 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I use that mod too, but reagents are still useful for potions. Although the game could do with some more useful potions.

We'd definetly need more potions. Personally I'd like a "Fountain of Youth" potion that can turn Elders back into Adults.

I'd also like a lot more magic themed furniture and decorations that can be crafted by the witches.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:07 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 9th Dec 2018 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Because black cats aren't unlucky and as others have said have suffered from that superstition. And Yin/Yang is feminine/masculine, so not good/evil lol.

i NEVER said Yin and Yang = good and evil. I said they were OPPOSITES. You people put words in my mouth then challenge me for what you SAY i said! Try responding to the things i write, instead of what you'd like to project.

And FYI -- your definition of Yin and Yang is rudimentary and simplistic. It's not 'feminine/masculine'. It's the dichotomy of the universe, representing how opposite natural forces can actually be complementary to each other. So if you're gonna correct me, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Feel free to go ahead and click to the DISAGREE button below, to virtue signal to the world that you're better better than everyone else!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 5:27 PM
Banishment is actually a neutral spell.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 7:54 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 9th Dec 2018 at 10:54 PM.
i NEVER said Yin and Yang = good and evil. I said they were OPPOSITES. You people put words in my mouth then challenge me for what you SAY i said! Try responding to the things i write, instead of what you'd like to project.

And FYI -- your definition of Yin and Yang is rudimentary and simplistic. It's not 'feminine/masculine'. It's the dichotomy of the universe, representing how opposite natural forces can actually be complementary to each other. So if you're gonna correct me, make sure you know what you're talking about.

Feel free to go ahead and click to the DISAGREE button below, to virtue signal to the world that you're better better than everyone else!

Except that earlier in the thread you said this, which kind of implies it:

Why on EARTH would an unlucky black cat being associated with a bad witch "disgust" you?? Black/white, Ying/Yang, day/night, good/evil, positive/negative...

You know what? Maybe it's better I don't know.

-gE
>=)

(I still don't understand the "Bulbizarre to the rescue" comment, either.)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#36 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:47 PM
Alright back to the pretty boring witches of Sims 2 and how to improve them.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Banishment is actually a neutral spell.

Yeah just checked it on the Sims wiki, you are right. But even so it's not really very spectacular or useful when all you can banish are your dinner guests. It really hsould allow you to zap away the Burglar, Repoman and Social Worker. Sure it'd be "cheaty" but....it's Sims, plus, what is magic but the ability to cheat reality?

Also this reminded me that the Witches of Sims 2 actually have one useful spell: tone that removes fallen leaves!

So...yay! We have one useful spell you can't easily replace with another, mundane feature, since depending on the number of trees the Gardener can take hours/days to clear them.

And well that really made me realize what I would have liked from the witches... more of their spells doing things you can't do in regular gameplay. Quickly deleting leaves, transforming appearances down to the genetics, going back into the previous life stage, getting rid of the Burglar/Social Worker/Repoman, turning Pets into Sims creating and curing all the supernaturals (including a zombie cure).

And really I'd gladly exchange Freetime and Apartment Life both for a proper Sims 2 version of Making Magic/Supernatural.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Isa-WP : 9th Dec 2018 at 10:25 PM. Reason: removed something unnecessary
off-topic:

On-topic: what kind of potions can witches brew? The wikia is really confusing about it, the page still puts TS and TS2 together. I only see the niceness/grumpy potions.
Man, I need to finish the rotation and install AL.
Edit: banishment can actually be interpreted in a fun way: 'Let me spare you the cab cost... that we don't have'/'You don't have to walk, let me do the job!'/'You didn't come with your car did you? Good!' You just bring your guests home in a flash!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 9:56 PM
I wouldn't mind if spectral dogs were also a thing.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:02 PM
Okay, yeah, so back on subject . . . I don't love how my mean sim will roll wants to cast evil spells, when she's a good witch, and vice versa. (Clearly I don't read 'nice' and 'mean' as 'good' and 'evil', the way the game does.) I feel like witchcraft was implemented better than the other supernatural states were, however, the spells are harder to do than actually doing the thing, for a lot of them. (Spend how many hours making reagents to summon a platter of toaster pastries? Really?) The pay-off should be equal to the time required to produce the reagents.

A regular resurrection spell, instead of just the zombie one, that any alignment witch could use would be nice. Also casting a 'neutral' spell shouldn't drag down the alignment of a maxed good or evil witch: it's neutral.
A spell that calls the batbox's smite function would be pretty cool, too, let the witch call down a bolt on someone, but wouldn't necessarily kill them, if they weren't already very low motive, they'd just do the "I'm going home" thing. Neutral witches just aren't fully realized.

There are cases where a particular spell that's classed as 'good' or 'evil' can be used in a way that's opposite of the classification, so a witch of any power should be able to cast the spells of that power, maybe with a warning for the simmer that "Yeah, this is an evil/good spell, and will change your witch's alignment."

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:17 PM
Weather spells could work pretty well, too.

Field Researcher
#41 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:25 PM
I don't get why we didn't get any weather spells.
Again, yes, we got an aspiration object, but witches could take this to community lots.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:28 PM
Well, there's the thunderstorm spell, but that's mostly just annoying. And constantly sets trees on fire on owned community lots.

Mad Poster
#43 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 2:55 AM
Also this reminded me that the Witches of Sims 2 actually have one useful spell: tone that removes fallen leaves!

So...yay! We have one useful spell you can't easily replace with another, mundane feature, since depending on the number of trees the Gardener can take hours/days to clear them.

You forgot the spell that deletes puddles and the spell that puts out fires. Good witches with enough skill can also summon a spectral servant to do household repairs, gardening, and cleaning.

I wish the spectral cats were good for something. Boosting magic levels or providing exclusive spells or buffs.

The spell that creates food would be a lot more useful if it worked on community lots. I don't understand why it can only be used at home where it's mostly a waste of time. I guess it's helpful in an emergency if you have to feed a lot of people quickly and don't have the food points in the fridge or the money for a buffet table.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 4:38 AM

For god's sake, why do you have to be so nasty. I was trying to fucking help you understand why people objected to your post. And all your examples were rudimentary and simplistic AND were also one thing that tends to be associated with evil and one thing that tends to be associated with good, which is what I commented on. Thanks for being an asshole in response.

(I still don't understand the "Bulbizarre to the rescue" comment, either.)

He was making an sarcastic remark regarding his earlier complaint that you always picked on his posts.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 10:34 AM
Except that grin asked a question, and I gave a possible answer. How is that picking on the post?

Field Researcher
#46 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 10:46 AM
If the plantsims thread was anything to go off of, anything is picking on the post if you don't agree with OP
Mad Poster
#47 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 1:22 PM
I just wanted to be helpful.

Instructor
#48 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 3:09 PM
I just wanted to be helpful.

*Hugs Bulbizarre* Sometimes having good intentions, doesn't equal good results. That doesn't mean that you should stop being helpful. It just means that it's ok if someone rejects your help; Don't feel bad. Just continue your journey of helping lost and confused Sims 2 players.

About Witches. The only thing I can suggest is not having in the game at all. I'm not a fan of Supernaturals (except for Aliens), so I just don't have them in my game. *Shrugs*.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#49 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 4:52 PM
I had some fun with a witch once - he was supposedly a good witch and tended to come back from vacations impregnated by aliens. That was my first and my last witch, though - I am just not that enthusiastic with the supernaturals.

Of course I may be the boring one, and I will freely admit to that. I do, however, enjoy my bad NP witch, who has to be very outgoing, regularly joining the fishing and likes playing pool - she still ruins a lot of outings with bad weather, though.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:03 AM
... it's not really very spectacular or useful when all you can banish are your dinner guests. It really should allow you to zap away the Burglar, Repoman and Social Worker. Sure it'd be "cheaty" but....it's Sims, plus, what is magic but the ability to cheat reality?

As I said before, Pescado's interactwogreet will allow you to do pretty much anything to random passers-by without having to greet them first (also fixes the problem of being unable to buy stuff from the matchmaker on community lots). I just tested this with a playable witch and she had no problem banishing random playables and townies walking past her house. I haven't yet had the opportunity to test it on the NPCs you mention - will have to try to cheat some of them I guess.
Page 2 of 4