Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:29 AM
Default What was your largest hood?
My current neighbourhood, Oakbrook, is pretty big. There's 613 playable Sims and 58 pets spread out over 212 families. (I've been playing it since January 2016 and have yet to get past the first rotation.)

I'm not too worried about it, though, considering the character limit is upwards of 32,000 Sims.

What was your biggest neighbourhood?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:37 PM

My largest hood was Pleasantview, with about 30 Sims. That's about the maximum for me.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:35 PM
My largest hood was when I played HystericalParoxysm's uberhood years ago. Hundreds of sims, townies included.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:08 PM
Well my Beginning of Pleasantview/Bluewater Village neighbourhood currently has 149 living, playable Sims (+plus like 6 pets or so) in 46 households, this excludes the majority of the University Premades, since I treat them like Townies until I marry them into a family.
I dont' think I'd be able to handle a much larger number than this and I have already implemented some soft population control measurements to keep it from growing exponentially (number of children being tied to aspirations and no more than three under normal circumstances) and if it ever reaches 200 (hopefully not) I'd probably have to implement even more drastic ones (one child policy).

So I couldn't even imagine a neighbourhood with 613, I'd probably go bananas.

Edit: My neighbourhood has a slightly larger average household size than yours, though, @Bulbizzare. If I haven't miscalculated yours has, on average 2.89 Sims per household (613 Sims in 212 families), while mine has, on average 3.24 Sims per household.
Not really important or anything. I just find statistics interesting.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 5:11 PM
My Desiderata Valley (RIP) has around 600-700 Character Files which is basically deceased and living Sims. There are only 2-3 free houses left in the hood, all the others are occupied. Around 20, maybe more households (I prefer merging them together than separate). All the pre-mades are deceased, including those from University hoods'. Was a great year with that hood, I got attached to my Sims so much. Luckily I have a early back-up from before the corruption was worse. I can play it at any time but the loading takes around 10-15 minutes, sometimes longer. Most Sims are related some way or another, either by marriage or something else. None of them were synced at all. At that time, I thought the days left of a Sims lifestage didn't really matter until the 2 days left or 1 day left notifications. It was the first hood' I played with when I got my Ultimate Collection so it means a lot to me.
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 6:28 PM
Probably my first Strangetown. I have no idea how many Sims there were, but I adored toddlers and every time one grew up I sent the parents to make another one for me! I squeezed the houses together as tightly as I could, and had about 20 student households as well. I tried to impose a one-child rule then, but it was too little, too late. That was when I decided to get Nightlife so I could have a downtown: I spent three days uninstalling the old basegame and uni, installing double deluxe (which my husband had bought for himself so we could both play at the same time), and trying to fix all the weirdness that resulted - and there was a lot of weirdness that resulted! I wouldn't have the patience for that now, but I did eventually get it working and proceeded to fill up a downtown with overflow Sims.

I stopped playing it when the computer gave up the ghost. I had backups, but I wanted to add Seasons and Apartment Life and it seemed odd to suddenly add Seasons to an existing hood, so I started a custom hood with a farming base.

I don't think I could get into a hood that took years to complete a single rotation. That's one reason I keep my rotations short - one day for regular households and one semester for students. I like to remember who everyone is and what I'd intended for them to do next, and I could never be bothered to keep notes. I'm aiming to build up my new uberhood very slowly, so that I'll always know most of the Sims in it and just have a few new ones every so often.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:02 PM
My current medieval 'hood is the largest I've had. It currently has 45 households and 268 playables. I've been making my sims collect building materials before they can build or buy things, so a lot of households include extended families and are overstuffed (the largest has 17 sims). The kingdom has a couple of CAS families, but most of the residents moved from or are descended from subhoods of Widespot, LGU, Pleasantview, Veronaville, Bluewater, Sedona, and the bin sims. I'm planning on both breaking up some of the existing households as they get the materials to build and adding another premade subhood to fill some holes in the population - I need more farmers, woodcutters or miners, and a variety of craftsmen.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:23 PM
My first Pleasantview at around 970 or so, according to Sim PE. That hood blew up, but it was probably more because of the VBTs I did, rather than the size.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
My current neighbourhood, Oakbrook, is pretty big.

*Shudder* I used to work in Oakbrook, IL. Two hour commute to a horrible job. Sorry, bad memories.
As for hood, my biggest one was River- something? It's been a while. Huge hood, almost full.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:05 PM
My largest 'hood is the one I have been playing all these years, Kiku Heaven, set in a Pleasantview map. It has 335 Sims, playables and deads, plus the necessary NPCs. I play with empty templates installed, so no townies and extra vacation Sims are being generated. The least likeable and/or indifferent -for my taste- Sims have moved to Downtown.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
So I couldn't even imagine a neighbourhood with 613, I'd probably go bananas.

There's no worries of that for me, because I'm already bananas.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:54 PM
Really my largest neighbourhood must be Veronaville, which I've been playing on and off from Day One. My Sims there will celebrate six years of successful living in a few days time. It has 101 playable Sims in 36 households, though 2 of those families (the Larsons and the Jarvies -- a CAS family) are still in the Family Bin at the time of writing. It has three sub-hoods: Downtown, Bluewater and Monopolis (Monopoly Game Town), all of them inhabited and growing. It also has 98 townies and Downtownies, many of whom are deeply involved in the community's life, and a similar number of NPCs. In addition there are a lot of dead Sims, all of whom died on Maxis' watch. No one has died on mine!

However, if I just go by the total number of playable Sims, my custom 'hood of Baldrair Bluffs with 103 playables, just beats Veronaville. But it has fewer families, far fewer townies and NPCs, and of course no dead Sims at all. It also has only one sub-hood: Land Grant University. I really created the Bluffs to get the hang of playing a university before adding one to Veronaville. No fewer than 14 of the playable Sims are still in the bin. 12 of these are students created when I was playing around in Create-a-Student.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:36 AM
While looking through my old posts, I found this population breakdown of my playables. I've had a few more Sims born since then.

According to the Sim Manipulator's census tool:

Screenshots

Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:14 AM
I didn't know the Sim Manipulator could do that. I'll have to have a look for that option. It could be interesting to see the proportion of gays in my 'hoods!

That's a remarkable balance of the sexes you have there, Bulbizarre: 656 of each!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:23 AM
Now that Christainlovs hood census tool no longer works in my hood due to the numbers of sims I'm gonna download sim manipulator and gove it a try. I hope for no major conflict and that it will read the number of sims in my hood. At last count there was around 1.3k. Definitely more than the 1k back in February
definitely more deceased now too.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:27 AM
@Sims2Christain - Christianlov's census tool breaks down in my 'hood too. Pescado's census tool works, though. It's in the director's cut and it's a $1 phonebook under Misc/Misc.

Scholar
#17 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:30 AM
Thanks @Bulbizarre. Strange as I thought I downloaded his directors cut, maybe its already in my game lost in the mountains of CC in misc/misc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:45 AM
It might be in one of the older ones, actually. I remember it being a pain in the butt to find.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Really my largest neighbourhood must be Veronaville, which I've been playing on and off from Day One. My Sims there will celebrate six years of successful living in a few days time. It has 101 playable Sims in 36 households, though 2 of those families (the Larsons and the Jarvies -- a CAS family) are still in the Family Bin at the time of writing.

6 years in the bin? At least move them in somewhere so they can wander around community lots. XD
Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 6:38 AM
Well was I wrong. It is not at 1.3k unless rounded up actually sits at 1269 as of this post. So I've only increased the hood population by around 20% since nearly a year ago.
1175 Humans 140 more humans.
94 pets one less animal? Unless it doesn't count the skunk

648 men
621 women

25 babies 2 up from last time
14 toddlers 1 less
51 children 9 more
98 teens 5 more
Unknown young adults as it doesn't display that life stage
919 adults 313 more
162 elders 51 more

No gender pref 728
437 straight
2 bi
8 gay
Mad Poster
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 7:55 AM
EDIT: I missed the post where you found a census tool. I'll leave this here in case someone else finds it useful.

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Now that Christainlovs hood census tool no longer works in my hood due to the numbers of sims I'm gonna download sim manipulator and gove it a try. I hope for no major conflict and that it will read the number of sims in my hood. At last count there was around 1.3k. Definitely more than the 1k back in February
definitely more deceased now too.

TwoJeffs' Sim Blender has a census feature built into it. It's under Traits > Hood > Gender Pref > Show Hood Census. Unfortunately it only shows the 'hood breakdown by gender preference.

Aaroneus' Sim Manipulator has a census feature under "Misc."

Pescado's censustool is in the director's cut. I checked. It has many more menu options than the other two above, so I didn't bother taking screenshots.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...x.php?dir=al%2F
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#22 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 11:59 AM
My present hood, Black Rock Mountain. Started it in 2014, I think, and it has 424 playable sims in the main hood, 24 retired sims (8 are couples), 18 students at Uni and then the families of Bluewater Village - although Melody Tinker is not there any longer since she went to Uni - and I did move the Tinkers to the retirement hood. It also includes all townies social townies and downtownies (some has been made playable through marriage and all the teens have been sent to Uni). Also added to the main hood, Jo's village, where the families of the contest settled.

Some problems tend to creep in at times - adults reverting back to Young adults, Teens and even sometimes children (Grow up; Grow up, Grow up - oh, damn, another one - okay, you, Grow up too!) - and it is becoming harder to play; so I may turn my attention to my new smaller hood soon - I will back Black Rock Mountain up; and only regret that have not kept a record on Tumblr or wherever one keeps those

I have started a new small hood recently.

@AndrewGloria - I told you years ago that Chester is a great Sim. Now I am telling you that the Larsons are incredible too and you will only gain enjoyment by adding them to your hood
Scholar
#23 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:30 PM
My previous neighbourhood reached 15th generation and exceeded 3,000 sims before I decided to start it again (so I could clear my Downloads folder). My current neighbourhood, started in December 2011 has 1,824 humans and 32 pets.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:44 PM
Thanks Charity and Petro! I haven't quite had anyone in the bin for six years -- I moved all the Veronaville bin Sims in some time ago. The last were Albany, Goneril and their brood -- I delayed them because I feared that Albany would be a troublemaker. But I have to admit that the Larsons have been in the bin since I added Bluewater, and, looking at the file dates, that appears to have been 4th April 2015! So yes, it really is time that I found a house for them and moved them in! (I moved Chester Gieke into a downtown bungalow earlier this year after Andrew suggested that Chester and I would make a good pair!)

I found the Neighbourhood Census option in Sim Manipulator under "Misc" as RoxEllen says. I don't know how I never spotted t before. I ran it in my two biggest 'hoods:

Baldrair Bluffs:

Veronaville:

I guess the number of Sims (human) must include all the living playables, townies and NPCs, but exclude the dead Sims. No pets in my game because my highest EP is OFB. (Pets seems to have been the EP that started burning out on-board graphics chips, and I don't want to risk that!)

I see I got a Disagree on my last post, and I can't think why, except that someone might object to me having so many gay Sims in my game. Well, I'm sorry, but there are a lot of gay Sims in my neighbourhoods, as you can see in the census resuts -- perhaps rather more than you might expect in a "typical" population. I think that's because they like to gravitate towards places where they feel comfortable and accepted. So I think , for instance, you will find a higher proportion of people identify as gay in San Francisco than in Teheran! Well, similarly downtown Veronaville has become a centre of gay culture.
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:54 PM
Impressive, @Chris Hatch! My hood is now on the 4th/5th generation so if I keep up for 8 more, I may come close
Page 1 of 4