Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:31 AM
Default Poll-How do you play
So I made this for a bit of fun. Feel free to leave replies.

https://linkto.run/p/ROFMFJT6

I haven't made a poll before, let me know if it's correct.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:53 AM
Voted..
Scholar
#3 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:03 AM
Same I think it was a nice poll.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:44 AM
I voted too.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:51 AM
I do like the geographical feature afterwards.
voted.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:14 AM
I play rotations, but not quite an integrated ‘hood. I think that should have been one of the answers, because I think quite a few people don’t really fit in with any of them.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:25 AM
I've voted too. I went for "I just make and play random families", as being nearest to my playstyle, but I think I'm really somewhere in between that and an integrated 'hood. I don't play in a rigorous "nothing in, nothing out" style, but my neighbourhoods have a strong sense of community, with deep and meaningful friendships between families, and a lot of co-operation. I can't say I play legacy style at all -- no Sim has ever died in my game, and I don't think any of the babies born in game has even reached the Child stage yet. I only build and create what's needed in my game, and my stories evolve in a sort of fruitful conflict-cum-synthesis between what I plan and what my Sims decide for themselves.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
voted.

I agree, I thought the map was rather cool. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:17 AM
Lately? I just download CC and look at it. XD
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 11:24 AM
I play an integrated hood, with the CC I download, and also build while playing. Haven't made any pixels lately because the original ones are doing that for me.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#11 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
voted.

I spent the most time looking at that and trying to put usernames to the dots. Like one was on New Zealand so I thought, 'Probably Charity?' and Jo for Melbourne (may be off there, I just remember her profile says Oz and besides me it was the only dot on the whole country ).

Quite a few in the UK, so I'm thinking simsample, maxon, Karen Lorraine?

This is what happens kids when you lurk a site too much.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:13 PM
None up on Scotland, so what happened to AndrewGloria?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Might be in one of the other clusters in England. IP addresses aren't really that geographically accurate. The map shows my vote (east coast of Canada) as being in Halifax, which is a hundred kilometres away.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bubblebeam
I spent the most time looking at that and trying to put usernames to the dots. Like one was on New Zealand so I thought, 'Probably Charity?' and Jo for Melbourne (may be off there, I just remember her profile says Oz and besides me it was the only dot on the whole country ).

Quite a few in the UK, so I'm thinking simsample, maxon, Karen Lorraine?

This is what happens kids when you lurk a site too much.

I am up in country Queensland, so I may be the Brisbane dot (Perhapes that one wasn't there when you looked, but there is one) Or it's possible it's not showing me at all, my vote didn't show up, maybe because it doesn't count the poll maker.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:04 PM
You left out Rotation Style!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:15 PM
I play Pre-Made Sims in Rotation style, not sure what to pick on the Poll though! :p
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:52 PM
I picked Integrated 'Hood, but Rotation Style definitely would've fit better :-)
Theorist
#18 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 2:01 PM
Yeop rotational style is missing, so I can't really give a vote.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 2:28 PM
I put integrated because I think that's closest to BACC/rotation

My simblr // Check out my neighborhood, River Springs // Message me on Discord! --> LyleSnake#6590 I love to make new friends and talk about the Sims
Theorist
#20 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 2:48 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 4th Nov 2018 at 3:06 PM.
Nice poll. Thank you for allowing for choosing more than one option, as most simmers game style are a combination of things (I was five of the options given ).

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
IP addresses aren't really that geographically accurate.

Same, what I'm assuming is my dot is no where near where I actually live, but my IP address changes often...so I'm not surprised.

Sometimes weather sites try and give me location based temperatures for California, other times it's somewhere in Canada or New York...and I'm not in any of these locations. *shrug*

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Might be in one of the other clusters in England. IP addresses aren't really that geographically accurate. The map shows my vote (east coast of Canada) as being in Halifax, which is a hundred kilometres away.

As far as I could tell, it put me in Seattle. When I'm not even in that country...try a bit further north!
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:02 PM
I´m in germany in Rhineland-Palatine just a few minutes by car away from the border to Saarland (two of the federal states of germany)
I voted for integrated hood but in a modest way: in rotations by season, many owned community lots, playable schools...but I don´t have a tax system and use "money from nowhere" if it´s needed (for a community lot).
Mad Poster
#23 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 9:52 PM
I'm not sure what "integrated hood" is mean to mean. If it means "multiple families played in rotation, with owned businesses that everyone uses" I do do that. If it means "uberhood" then no, I haven't tried that yet. The way I've always played was to start with a single founder sim, and grow the neighborhood from their descendants, and the townies that move in with their descendants. I don't know if that counts as "integrated hood" or "one family, legacy-style".
Mad Poster
#24 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 10:01 PM
I play a rotational megahood, so I put integrated hood. I also put "make and play random families" seeing as I do that from time to time in a different hood.

I also liked the map at the end, seems like there are a lot of UK players from the North-West apparently. I think that's probably where my dot is... seeing as there's no North Wales dots.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#25 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I can't even get the map to scroll so that I cam see Scotland. At least not on a scale where I could make anything out.

Maybe it's showing me in my other home in Veronaville. I wonder where that is on the map.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1 of 2