Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Oh, and probably another reason babies's eyes can't move or change color is because babies only have 2 "body parts", their blanket and the actual body, meanwhile the older sims, actually have eyeballs, a face, legs etc. So their eyes are part of the skin...

That would probably explain why their eyes don't match their parents' and move around. I think that's just EA cutting corners to save on the game's budget.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I haven't seen any evidence of that, and I've been looking.

There used to be a good bit of Sims 2 Maxis Match CC on Live Journal (there was a lot of stuff for Sims 2 there). There are other sites, like:

http://themaxismatchlife.tumblr.com/
http://ts2repositoryproject.tumblr.com/
http://downloadsbyskell.tumblr.com/

I also get over 1000 hits when looking up "Maxis Match" in the Sims 2 department here at MTS.

I know there was a lot of it, because for several years, to keep my CC addiction down to a level my computer could manage, I was running a pretty strictly Maxis Match version of Sims 2.
Alchemist
#28 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 7:11 AM
Probably the most "Imply TS3 is a llama"-worthy aspect for me right now is deciding to change a lot's type after I've placed a rabbithole on it.

Because that (paraphrasing) "sims won't treat this lot as intended unless you remove the special building object" message means I have to enter Edit Town, then Build Mode, then delete the building, then go into Live Mode to make sure the changes stick, then Edit Town Again, then changing the lot type, then Build Mode again, and finally placing the rabbithole. Again. All because I wanted to turn the graveyard into a spooky goth bar.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
Sorry if this is a duplicate of anything, I've just come on to the TS3 scene (I did search!) and just starting to buy all the expansions.

The biggest peeve I have right now is the difficulty of finding good CC that I want to use in my game. I see myself looking at the same mods, the same hairs, the same sites...but there's nothing I really fancy.

What about you?

If I'm honest with myself I'm also not loving the cc out there. Even Moonskin93 Basic skin I'm not completely crazy about it but it works best in my game & that is the attitude I try to take. If it works well in my game just use it. Otherwise I'm forever searching for that perfect cc that doesn't exist. Now if only I can find default eyes that I feel works in my game.

I have the same pet peeve. So much CC, so little of it useful. How come no one could be bothered to invent the concept of Maxis Match until TS4 came out?

Maxis Match was never a big thing in S3 but you did have creators like Anubis and EA themselves putting content out. Today cc for S3 is very realistic and a big turn off for me.
I also think some cc creators got started in S3 but hit their stride in S4. Sometimes I really wish they would sometime do something for S3 as well.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 6:33 PM
Yeah at times it even seems like both TS2 and TS4 get more attention from content creators than TS3 does. Many of the good ones sure aren't very interested in TS3. Still, there's a bunch of good CC creators for TS3.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#32 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 5:15 PM
The crashing...the crashing...ugh. I love Sims 3 the best out of all the versions but like this guy said on a forum I was reading the other day, simply playing the game is "just not worth it" sometimes. You spend more time fixing it than playing unless you want a vanilla game with little CC. Or you have to sacrifice graphics for game play unless you have a very good graphics card. Or maybe things just break for the heck of it. I don't know. Maybe I better just play a vanilla game with Nrass as my only mod...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#34 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:21 AM
One is the unaffordable starter homes and unaffordable buy mode items which is currently under repairs on my computer with my maxis-match CC made from S3OC and repriced to more affordable prices for sims just starting out.Another is the forced automated role sim assignments to all role objects which can actually slow the game down and cause routing issues or lag in the game and the lag is mostly on slower computers though this "feature" is just the most annoying for me because it makes things look too full and too bustling when my town was meant to be deserted and a new settlement.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:50 AM
Mine's not so much an issue with the game itself, more so something that isn't even there. The biggest one for me was always the fact that TS3 never got a true Vacation style pack during its lifetime. I know BV wasn't super popular in TS2, but I always liked sending my Sims on one every so often just to change things up a bit if nothing else. World Adventures didn't really fill that void because the focus was on the adventures themselves, hence the name. It didn't work for every situation because you had to do them to get anything better than a small starter house or be able to stay longer than a couple of days. Didn't really make a lot of sense if you had a 50-something guy and his family take a trip to Al Simhara for the weekend. Same with Island Paradise. It still leaves me with a feeling of wanting more. Gets the job done for what the theme encompasses, but still falls short.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#36 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Mine's not so much an issue with the game itself, more so something that isn't even there. The biggest one for me was always the fact that TS3 never got a true Vacation style pack during its lifetime. I know BV wasn't super popular in TS2, but I always liked sending my Sims on one every so often just to change things up a bit if nothing else. World Adventures didn't really fill that void because the focus was on the adventures themselves, hence the name. It didn't work for every situation because you had to do them to get anything better than a small starter house or be able to stay longer than a couple of days. Didn't really make a lot of sense if you had a 50-something guy and his family take a trip to Al Simhara for the weekend. Same with Island Paradise. It still leaves me with a feeling of wanting more. Gets the job done for what the theme encompasses, but still falls short.

Me too. I still think that they could have made more for this game because the stuff that we got so far just isn't satisfying enough at least for me.
Theorist
#37 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm sorry to hear that, perhaps you can post in the help forum and we can try to figure out what's going on? My game pretty much never crashes and I have several heavy mods. Most issues in the help forum have been related to save errors, lags, etc.. There are occasional crash posts, but 99% of them were CC related. My only real problem is error 12, but I got that under control after a town refresh.

I think it was just some sort of corruption. Also, my laptop just can't handle everything on high with nearly all the EPs...I'm just trying to limit what I put in the game. I lowered the graphics a bit and took out all the Simspacks. I'm going to try and use packages.

I was just kind of blowing off steam yesterday because "something" was crashing my game and I just didn't feel like trying to figure it out.

Also, thanks Gargoyle Cat for your reply. I should test stuff instead of just downloading things! With the color option, you can really change up a lot with just different patterns. Maybe that's the way to go--nicer patterns and colors. Anyhow, I dumped a bunch of CC and started a new town. Let's see what happens.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#38 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 3:26 PM

I've read of people going to Egypt for their vacation to sight see. I remember sending my Sims without any tomb raiding. Had a few pictures to remember the trip.

Not all vacations always involve the beach and water sports. Which is why The Sims (2000) Vacation EP has 3 different locations. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Vacation_Island
The Sims 2 BV also has different types of vacations. The Sims 3 WA is definitely different and was not meant to imitate Vacation or BV but something completely new but still familiar. However, that doesn't mean you can't add lots for more leisure activities in each location or download some. It's not like there are no workarounds at all. Not to mention, there are other errands that help gain visa points than just going tomb raiding.

Unfortunately, there are no sub-hoods to connect and travel back and forth to like TS2. So no, there is no feature for picking any world to travel to as a vacation destination. Though, I always had the impression that TS3 was meant to be like that. Maybe it was scrapped for whatever reason(s) or never existed. Otherwise, others have to rely on NRass Traveler if they choose to use mods. Or deal with the possibility of relationships breaking if you move the Sims to the bin and then place them in a whatever world as vacation then move them back. Or just use a copy of the household to avoid breaking relationships but the original version won't have any memories of such vacation.

Come to think of it, I do remember taking all my Sims on vacation without NRass. They were the only Sims whose relationships I cared about and planned a wedding in Sunlit Tides where they stayed for awhile and then I had them go back home.
Scholar
#39 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:33 PM Last edited by PuddingFace : 10th Sep 2018 at 4:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I've read of people going to Egypt for their vacation to sight see. I remember sending my Sims without any tomb raiding. Had a few pictures to remember the trip.

Not all vacations always involve the beach and water sports. Which is why The Sims (2000) Vacation EP has 3 different locations. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Vacation_Island
The Sims 2 BV also has different types of vacations. The Sims 3 WA is definitely different and was not meant to imitate Vacation or BV but something completely new but still familiar. However, that doesn't mean you can't add lots for more leisure activities in each location or download some. It's not like there are no workarounds at all. Not to mention, there are other errands that help gain visa points than just going tomb raiding.

Unfortunately, there are no sub-hoods to connect and travel back and forth to like TS2. So no, there is no feature for picking any world to travel to as a vacation destination. Though, I always had the impression that TS3 was meant to be like that. Maybe it was scrapped for whatever reason(s) or never existed. Otherwise, others have to rely on NRass Traveler if they choose to use mods. Or deal with the possibility of relationships breaking if you move the Sims to the bin and then place them in a whatever world as vacation then move them back. Or just use a copy of the household to avoid breaking relationships but the original version won't have any memories of such vacation.

Come to think of it, I do remember taking all my Sims on vacation without NRass. They were the only Sims whose relationships I cared about and planned a wedding in Sunlit Tides where they stayed for awhile and then I had them go back home.

When I went on Vacation to France. I saw Sims from Moonlight falls. I didn't invite them but they were there. I was surprised for sure.
BTW can you select inactive Sims to go with you on vacation in TS3?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#40 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:42 PM
One issue I've ran into repeatedly is the inability to invite people from home, while on vacation. And yet I distinctly remember it being possible in some way. You'd get a notification that they were on their way and would show up tomorrow at [time].

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#41 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:43 PM
Not all vacations always involve the beach and water sports. Which is why The Sims (2000) Vacation EP has 3 different locations. The Sims 2 BV also has different types of vacations. The Sims 3 WA is definitely different and was not meant to imitate Vacation or BV but something completely new but still familiar. However, that doesn't mean you can't add lots for more leisure activities in each location or download some. It's not like there are no workarounds at all. Not to mention, there are other errands that help gain visa points than just going tomb raiding.

I mean, yeah I get that it was a completely different take on traveling. I've always understood that. But it still doesn't change the fact that the pack revolves around it. If you intentionally ignore the adventures plus the other activities you can do in those destinations, then you are missing out on a huge chunk of WA's content. What was the point of buying at that point?

I appreciate that WA and IP tried new things and executed them well, but I'd be lying if I said they were my two favorite packs ever. But in WA's case especially, it's easy to tell that its theme came from Rod Humble's influence. He basically wanted to turn the Sims into a straight up RPG, not a simulation. It's why the base game is so heavily opportunity based.

Scholar
#42 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm not entirely sure what is or is not disabled for nonactive house. I was just using an example of what could seemingly be small in a dollhouse game vs an open world. For example, I think awesome mod has several functions that enabled for nonactives such as retaining wishes etc... I remember having this enabled when I use to use awesome mod without realizing the reprecussions. Every sim in the game - actives, nonactive residents, npcs townies, etc... all retained their wishes. ahh the lag hell.

Yes that would cause lag for sure. Especially because wishes have listeners trying to check if a task related to the wish is being done or not. And this causes problems when it's activated for so many Sims.
Regarding memories. I have some ideas on how to do this. If we create a Memories trait and start recording the memories inside the trait. We'll only record the name and ID of the Sim related to the memory. Like if you're divorced, who's your ex. The Ex's name and ID will be stored. So it's not too much data.
There will also be moodlets for memories that will activate from the trait. A moodlet for robbed will have the robbers's name and ID stored inside and a listener attached such that whenever the Sim with the moodlet interacts with the robber, the Sim will recognize the robber and beat and insult them.
But the moodlets will be there only for active Sims not inactive and the data stored is just strings and IDs. So it won't bloat memory or processing time.

One issue I've ran into repeatedly is the inability to invite people from home, while on vacation. And yet I distinctly remember it being possible in some way. You'd get a notification that they were on their way and would show up tomorrow at [time].

Is this automatic? I have no clue how to trigger it. Can Nraas traveller do it?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Theorist
#43 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 5:36 PM
WA plus NRaas Traveler means that it essentially becomes a vacation pack, plus much much more. But I agree that EA screwed the concept up, not allowing players to add their own travel destinations was a massive ‘fuck you’ considering BV did this right out of the box.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#44 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Deshong : 11th Sep 2018 at 12:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
When I went on Vacation to France. I saw Sims from Moonlight falls. I didn't invite them but they were there. I was surprised for sure.
BTW can you select inactive Sims to go with you on vacation in TS3?

I'm not sure but I don't think that sounds like an official feature but maybe I'm wrong. I do remember that NRass Traveler will allow inactive Sims from the hometown to travel to University. So I guess that also happens while on vacation. It's really neat to see. One of my Sim's father had came to visit on his own and that surprised me.

Not sure but sounds like when I invited over some Sims from University after my Sims had graduated and was back at home. A pop-up saying they will arrive the next day around a certain time. If I recall correctly that is.

I mean, yeah I get that it was a completely different take on traveling. I've always understood that. But it still doesn't change the fact that the pack revolves around it. If you intentionally ignore the adventures plus the other activities you can do in those destinations, then you are missing out on a huge chunk of WA's content. What was the point of buying at that point?

I appreciate that WA and IP tried new things and executed them well, but I'd be lying if I said they were my two favorite packs ever. But in WA's case especially, it's easy to tell that its theme came from Rod Humble's influence. He basically wanted to turn the Sims into a straight up RPG, not a simulation. It's why the base game is so heavily opportunity based.

There's a lot to WA than just tomb raiding. So in my opinion, ignoring the aspects one might not be really enthusiastic about isn't the majority of the EP despite its focal point. This is why I love WA's concept because it's focuses on bringing something never done before but also something more in tune with what is common that most expect. One is for those who wanted something new to the franchise but still makes sense within a life simulator and the other caters to the usual life type stuff. Like martial arts, photography, nectar making, new recipes, camping, new social interactions, new buy/build/CAS content, 3 new worlds to explore with its own culture,etc.

Oh? Is life not full of opportunities? Though, some of the opportunities I wish made more sense according to each Sim's personality, traits and career. Could definitely be improved upon but that's probably not going to happen. And I don't trust EA/Maxis with anything...any more. Anyway, The Sims has always had some elements of RPG in it. I think most games, if not all, do as well. And while some blame Rod Humble...tell me who is to blame for The Sims Olympus which became The Sims 4? Yeah, I'll take Rod Humble's ideas for an EP over whatever the heck happened to The Sims franchise overall.

Really, TS3/WA whatever EP's he worked on...I like them all.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:58 AM
Error 12, and the overspawning of limos urk my nerves!! My game spawned 4,000 limos overnight from just having a few celebrities in my hood.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 3:28 AM
There's a lot to WA than just tomb raiding. So in my opinion, ignoring the aspects one might not be really enthusiastic about isn't the majority of the EP despite its focal point. This is why I love WA's concept because it's focuses on bringing something never done before but also something more in tune with what is common that most expect. One is for those who wanted something new to the franchise but still makes sense within a life simulator and the other caters to the usual life type stuff. Like martial arts, photography, nectar making, new recipes, camping, new social interactions, new buy/build/CAS content, 3 new worlds to explore with its own culture,etc.

Oh? Is life not full of opportunities? Though, some of the opportunities I wish made more sense according to each Sim's personality, traits and career. Could definitely be improved upon but that's probably not going to happen. And I don't trust EA/Maxis with anything...any more. Anyway, The Sims has always had some elements of RPG in it. I think most games, if not all, do as well. And while some blame Rod Humble...tell me who is to blame for The Sims Olympus which became The Sims 4? Yeah, I'll take Rod Humble's ideas for an EP over whatever the heck happened to The Sims franchise overall.

Really, TS3/WA whatever EP's he worked on...I like them all.

I think you misunderstood the point of my post Desh. TS3 is indeed a great game with great content. Is every single thing that was released for the game to my exact preference? No, of course not. But that's just the nature of diversity and game development for you. Releases have to appeal to a large audience, so of course everything isn't going to be to your exact liking. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy all of it. I would have been more upset if TS3 had been a carbon copy of TS2. And the great thing about TS3 is it's highly customizable.

Mad Poster
#47 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:46 AM Last edited by igazor : 12th Sep 2018 at 4:07 PM.
I wasn't around yet at the time, but it seems to me the mistake EA made with WA was not the direction it seemed to take but that they made made it the first EP. The "Tomb quests? What the heck is this I have to do now?!" feeling may not have been so strong if Ambitions and LateNite perhaps had been released first and without the ensuing prophesies that entire game was going to become linear quest-based.

WA wasn't the first EP I installed and personally I got bored with the tomb raiding after about an hour back then. It didn't take long before a casino appeared in Champs Le Sims and underground dance clubs in Al Simhara. Shang Simla was pretty enough to just wander around in. Two of my sims met and brought home the loves of their lives in these worlds (okay, one was a canine so let's say best friend forever) and I still have a certain amount of affection for them. Even with the Traveler mod in play so my sims could do proper vacations wherever I wanted to send them and with storylines crossing over between them, the three WA worlds still aren't entirely irrelevant for me.

Many (real time) years later I returned to the tomb stuff as a much more experienced player and had a blast poking around in them but it's still not the first thing I think of when I think of the EP -- nectar making, photography, martial arts, and the harvestables always come to mind first. Doesn't seem like I was the only one who approached the EP this way, from the sound of it.

A proper vacation EP would have been nice, IP was a bit disappointing in that regard, but I never really saw it as an essential ingredient to the game that was lacking. Guess I'm just too spoiled by Traveler now to even imagine playing without it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#48 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
nectar making, photography, martial arts, and the harvestables always come to mind first.

Don't forget the Processor! It's an amazing item to use on home lots as well as vacation.
http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ind...:_The_Processor
Field Researcher
#49 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:21 PM
I have the same pet peeve. So much CC, so little of it useful. How come no one could be bothered to invent the concept of Maxis Match until TS4 came out?

There was maxis-match with TS2 (TS4 resembles TS2). The problem with TS3 is that it was "off model" especially compared to 2 and 4.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 4:33 PM
The absence of real family vacation is my pet peeve too. Vacation was my favourite EP for TS1 and while there were EPs for TS2 I liked more than Bon Voyage, I still liked it a lot. I got TS3 late, about a year after it's release, when Ambitions was already released and since I saw Collector's edition on sale (very big sale, obviously, Tesco already wanted to get rid of it at that time ) I used the saved money to buy Ambitions since even back then, I already had enough information about World Adventures to know it's not the kind of vacations I could enjoy. I thought back then, and still think, that if I wanted to play tomb raiding, I'd rather play Tomb Raider, I don't need that kind of things in The Sims. I eventually bought WA, because I am completionist and I still like some of it's features, but not the tomb raiding. IMO it's not something that belongs to The Sims series. I know there are people who disagree with me and that's fine, we all have different opinions, but I still feel that family vacations are more suited to The Sims then tomb raiding. And I miss that in TS3.
Page 2 of 4