Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:50 PM
Default Which Sims/households do you hate the most in the Sims 4?
There was one for TS3 so I decided to make one for TS4.

I think the Calientes/Lotharios are pretty annoying and would go better on a reality show then in a game. Johnny Zest also gets on my nerves.

ooh ee ooh a-ah ting-tang walla walla bing bang
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 8:54 PM
most of windenburgs households;i prefer families to play rather than single sims and even then they seem bland.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 10:15 PM
Any premades that we're added to the game that were from previous iterations. I feel like there's no reason for them and like the Pancakes there should have been new premade families for the sims 4. I feel like since the game was not supposed to be seen as a sequel they should have made their own premades. 🤷
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:25 AM
I can't stand Vlad. I've done everything from deleting him to making my Sim a grand master vampire so she could kick his butt on a nightly basis.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:31 AM
By far, it would be the Caliente family. Any custom male sim that I place in the world for my single playable, they go after. To add insult to injury, they aren't happy with having one RI, they have to have several RIs.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:21 AM
I've got a pretty large crop of hideously dressed townies, thanks to City Living.

But as for actual households, I gotta go with most of the base game ones. Especially the Calientes (who I had to give a complete appearance and personality makeover to) and Eliza Pancakes. I like Bob. Bob is cool. But his wife is just...ugh. In, like, all my saves, I always either divorce them or kill her.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by harvell
I can't stand Vlad. I've done everything from deleting him to making my Sim a grand master vampire so she could kick his butt on a nightly basis.

Vlad hit on my mother's simself via text and I don't really feel like dallying with the undead.

Besides, I don't know if these vampires become sterile upon transformation into a vampire (like traditional lore) or can have children (like Stephanie Meyers' piece of crap Twilight).

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:01 AM
I actually just had a sim hook up with Vlad (she needed to produce a pure blooded heir before killing him to claim his spot as the Grand Master Vampire). So I can confirm, vampires are not sterile

Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 2:37 AM
The Calientes, hands down.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:26 AM
This one NPC family I am inevitably always neighbors with on every single save because it's my favorite apartment building (culpepper house). You'd think I'd learn their names after the amount of times I bang on their door...
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 7:26 AM
Pancakes, Calientes and Lotharios. It's a hatred which have followed me through all the iterations of the game.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:08 AM
Why did they change Dina and Nina's mother's name to Katrina?
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Nighat_Caliente
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:29 PM
Knowing the way Maxis is now, they probably thought someone would be offended by the "Nig" part of her name

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Attempting to recreate her and upload her to the gallery will result in an error message saying that her name is inappropriate and cannot be used.

Oh well, maybe that explains it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:40 PM
Dang. It's just a name, why are people offended? It doesn't even have the full word. And there are people in real life with that name, too.
I think they might have wanted their names to rhyme more, but I think Nina and Dina is enough.

Instructor
#16 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:42 PM Last edited by Mspigglypooh : 13th Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM.
Hmmm...

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Nighat_Caliente

Wow then why did they even bother to add her to the family? They could have easily just made the Caliente sisters and kept it as that. Normally what I do in my game is move Don out on his own anyway because I find it odd that he lives there and is supposedly a boy toy to the mom. Idk I still feel like they should have just made up their own premades. I like the Pancakes and I like the families that came with other EPs that are new to the franchise.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:43 PM
Pretty much all sims 4 pre-mades. Don Lothario is ok, he’s gay in my save so the caliente clan got tossed in the garbage bin with the rest of them.

My interest in the pre-made Sims dropped off in Sims 3 when they stopped giving them history (primarily a family tree); not a game breaker, but it made playing the different households more interesting. With 4 I make the entire pool of housed Sims, and ignore the unhoused game generated gross Sims.
Instructor
#18 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
Pretty much all sims 4 pre-mades. Don Lothario is ok, he’s gay in my save so the caliente clan got tossed in the garbage bin with the rest of them.

My interest in the pre-made Sims dropped off in Sims 3 when they stopped giving them history (primarily a family tree); not a game breaker, but it made playing the different households more interesting. With 4 I make the entire pool of housed Sims, and ignore the unhoused game generated gross Sims.

You know what I might end up doing that. I've already made a few families. I did give all premades makeovers but idk. I might just create my own story line with the sims I have created.
Instructor
#20 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 11:11 PM
I think they should stop spreading their toxicity. Nigella Lawson is a lovely lady and a awesome cook. It is unfortunate that people cannot talk about Nigella on the OF because the first three letters of her name are Nig. Oiy.

Woooow that's a shame. I don't see how it's offensive. I'm black. I see no issue with her name or a name that has nig in it. It's not that freaking serious. But of course there are people out there ruining it for everyone.
Theorist
#21 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:20 AM
Keep in mind I've only played the Basegame so I am not aware of what abominations might have been spawned by the expansions. And it's also been like 2 years or so since I played the basegame but from what I remember I hate:

The Pancakes. It's a silly name, even by Sims standards.
That stupid household in....Desert Town...that's basically a parody of "The New Girl".
That other stupid household in Willow Creek that's this guy and two girls living together, which I also suspect to be some sort of sitcom "parody".
That family where every member had a whole bunch of family names because....funny?(except that it wasn't funny)
And the Sims 4 version of Don Lothario who looks like the biggest tool in the universe.

On the other hand I actually incorporated Johnny Zest and Katrina Caliente(sort of) into my Sims 2 hood: Johnny is a Landgraab descendant who went on the run from his evil family and had to change his name, while Katrina is the "Caliente Cousin" (so the daughter of the Caliente Sister's uncle). While Johnny looks fairly similar to his SIms 4 counterpart, Katrina has dark (African) skin and black hair (and is Knowledge Sim)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:37 AM
I wonder if you could upload a sim to the gallery with the japanese first name Fuki
or someone with the last name heck

Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:02 PM
You can't upload a "Cox" family to the gallery.

I love giving my own sims silly names but most of them don't get uploaded to the gallery or get renamed for filter purposes if I do. But Cox is a legit last name, and a common one at that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elledee
You can't upload a "Cox" family to the gallery.

jesus christ
I tried it, Fuki is actually banned despite being a common name in Japan.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:45 PM
Page 1 of 2