Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Glowing Computer Fix

by Nopke Posted 1st Jun 2018 at 3:55 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:48 PM by Nopke

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 4:47 PM
What changed in Apartment Life?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 5:19 PM
@dharden The load function for some reason turns off computers inside the apartments that don't belong to the current family… If I understand that function correctly.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 12:13 AM
Oh great, I was confused why the study areas in my university dorms with the computers in it were always so bright. Thanks Nopke!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:55 AM
Does one of does file works for Teen Style Stuff Pack or the computer in that pack has not got that glitch?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:17 AM
Thank you, Nopke - I am very happy to see this one; mostly because of the computers in my dorms as well
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 10:25 AM
@SIMple The TSS computer has got that glitch originally. Both files affect all computers, the TSS one too.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 3:13 PM
Is there a way to reduce the amount of glow as well as how big will it be? I don't mind the glow but it just too big.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 5:37 PM
This is awesome! I never realized how much I needed this until I saw it. Thank you!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 3:39 PM
@SIMple There is a way to do it… but I guess you're not a modder and you may find it difficult to do it. You only need to find light resources (in [expansion or stuff pack]/TSData/Res/(Sims)3D/Objects01.package) and entries (in one of .nlo and .txt files from [expansion or stuff pack]/TSData/Res/Lights/) of a computer you want to change and edit them.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:32 AM
This was something that has annoyed me for some time. Granted, it's not a huge deal, but I found it irritating. Thank you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 11:04 PM
They may seem simple, but your fixes are always essential and game-changing. Thanks for this. (Huge fan of your shadow fixes, too)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:36 PM
Another great fix! thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 2:08 AM
Thanks for making this! Not sure why they didn't do anything about this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th May 2019 at 10:07 PM
Ahhhhh it never even occurred to me that this was something that could be fixed! THANK YOU!