Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smarter choice of parent for entering college cinematic

by kestrellyn Posted 19th May 2018 at 2:43 AM - Updated 13th Aug 2023 at 5:16 AM by kestrellyn : Adding version that allows townie parents

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th May 2018 at 3:06 AM
Yoooo, just a quick note, I made a small change to the file just after it was uploaded, just tidying up some possible failures that might occur.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th May 2018 at 3:36 AM
Hey!!! How GREAT that is. Good for you. You wanted it, and went for it! Awesome.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:39 AM
Congrats on figuring this out I suspect a whole lot of people are going to be really excited. Personally I'm not a fan of the "must be playable"-requirement but easy enough to remove Thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:53 AM
AAAAAAAH, IT IS HERE! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! Now I will actually enjoy this cutscene! A million thanks! I can hardly wait to send a teen to college and see this mod work its magic :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2018 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Congrats on figuring this out I suspect a whole lot of people are going to be really excited. Personally I'm not a fan of the "must be playable"-requirement but easy enough to remove Thanks for sharing!

Is it? That was the one that was making me hesitate to download too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:27 AM
Yes, thank you! Now that aspect of my sims life can make sense :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th May 2018 at 1:11 PM
You are a public benefactor.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is it? That was the one that was making me hesitate to download too.

Yeah, it is. Although, if there is interest, I'll just upload a version without it.

Edit: And, done.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:43 PM
Yes! Thank you.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:53 AM
Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th May 2018 at 9:36 PM
Thank you! I was hoping for something like this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:45 PM
I love this, great idea ! It makes much more sense like that. I didn't even know one could change cinematics. Thanks ! (and particularly for the 2nd version)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 5:02 AM
Another great mod! Thank you for making this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:41 AM
You made my day!
Test Subject
#16 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 4:55 PM
Great mod, but I think you've forgotten the possibility that when a dorm has been occupied before, it's possible that the previous graduates have left at nighttime, so Young Adult vampires can arrive without having to fear sunlight. Therefore, I'd like them to be accompanied by their parent vampire, then this mod would be perfect, 'cause I hate it when my teens get accompanied by their hated parent XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 1:59 AM Last edited by kestrellyn : 21st Oct 2018 at 3:06 AM.
Does the time actually not reset? I guess I'll have to test.

Edit: Time does reset between occupancies, just like with every other type of lot.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 2:32 AM
Somehow this mod brought both parents to the lot. One was in cinematics and left, another stayed on the lot nowhere to find. I needed to move out and in my student.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 9:49 PM
That's weird. Was there anything special about the parents? What were their relationships with the student?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Feb 2022 at 12:25 AM
Love this mod but is there a way re-enable the mod for vampires?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Dec 2022 at 6:44 PM
The story progression mod allows the cinematic to occur at nighttime. Is it possible that you can add a check so that vampire parents can appear if it is nighttime?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 2:23 AM
I'm not sure if this is possible, but could it be possible to use other adult/elder relatives if parents are unavailable? It's a bit sad when an orphaned Sim raised by their sibling/grandparent/aunt/uncle shows up alone.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 3:48 AM
I do actually remember thinking about doing that, actually, I don't remember right now why I decided against it. I'll look at this again, and see if it makes sense.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 12:59 PM
Would there be a way to include both parents if they both have a good relationship with the child?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Aug 2023 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I do actually remember thinking about doing that, actually, I don't remember right now why I decided against it. I'll look at this again, and see if it makes sense.

Thanks. Perhaps this could be made configurable with a separate file (similiar to the townie one).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 1 of 2