Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 9:21 PM
I delete groups and accessories each time I change my custom content, though as I typically change round multiple GBs and over 50% of my mod load each time (I like using my custom content in different combinations, as it helps keep my game fresh and not wonder "Maybe I'll use that file some day...", it's not surprising I need to do this.

I've never deleted thumbnails.
Advertisement
Meet Me In My Next Life
#27 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:32 AM
@FranH Thank you for sharing that link that is a great find, I just had to test it out it work, and it stay at Zero. I have always clear the group cache other wise my game will not start up.

Also with my thumbnails I never let them go up to a thousand, I always check the amount, Body Shop, I only clear if I use that feature.
My Accessory cache always seem to stay at the same level of 6,254 ( I don't know why that is ) very rarely it go over that amount if so I clear it.
Now I never mess with the neighborhood files, I never do anything there. ( don't want to mess up my game ) I like this thread

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 2:44 AM
I delete my cache files about twice a week (if I'm playing frequently) because my Sims 2 game is temperamental and won't start up unless they're deleted

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Mad Poster
#29 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Delete the thumbnails and it'll make new, correct ones.

Are you talking about the pictures of clothes, or other catalog things? I always have LOTS of clothes where the picture LOOKS like a Maxis dress (for example) but if you click on it looks like the CC I downloaded, or if you click on it there is nothing there (no head or body).
No that's wrong, you can't delete clothes that way (unfortunately)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:07 PM
The thumbnails are the pictures you see in CAS and when you buy stuff. If you have a lot of clothes that look like Maxis but are CC, you can delete the CASThumbnails from the Thumbnails subfolder of your Sims2 folder, and the game will regenerate new thumbnails that will look like what you will actually get.

If there's no body, or the Maxis outfit persists even when you put it on the sim, that's a problem in your downloads; either you don't have the right mesh, you've got something conflicting with the mesh (if, say, you defaulted an outfit and one of your CC outfits was a recolor of that outfit's mesh, the CC outfit may not work right with the default), or you don't have the right texture, or something of that sort.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 2 of 2