Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Outfit Sense

by simler90 Posted 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:56 AM - Updated 18th Sep 2022 at 5:55 PM by simler90 : UPDATE 4

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 3:08 PM
Fascinating. I think I will have to try this out!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickgirdy55
Who the hell wears formal wear to a house party or a birthday party? Where the hell do you live?!

Lots of people I know get dressed up for parties, I'd say it's pretty normal.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:56 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:07 AM
Very clever, thank you! I will definitely enjoy seeing Sims in formal and athletic wear more. Would an option be possible for beach lots/lots with pools paired with swimwear?
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 5:01 PM Last edited by Yana F : 19th Sep 2018 at 12:48 AM.
I like this mod very much for the outfit variety. Though many sims look odd wearing formal/sportwear during winter. Most of formal dresses have open shoulders, and many sport outfits are not warm enough for winter (especially barefoot yoga outfits or ballet clothes). Is it possible to exclude formal and sportwear clothes for winter time or snowy weather (community lots)?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:25 AM
Wow finally this is out! great job. ;applause;
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 2:34 PM
Thanks it's really nice
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:12 AM
I have to lest, but there seems to be a conflict between this and either Not With Hat and/or No Magical Transformations. My witches kept loosing their hair.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Sep 2019 at 8:59 AM
The HCDU is showing a conflict with Cyjon's FuriousWalkbyFix (http://cyjon.net/node/416):
I'd love to have the functionality of both mods if at all possible. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 1:16 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 24th Sep 2019 at 5:56 AM.
I've been testing this mod out in my game and so far everything looks quite nice. Haven't gotten to winter yet, though, but I did get a pregnant sim showing up without her belly (pic attached). I'm not sure if that's the regular function of this mod or if it's an unintended consequence of having both this mod and one that allows pregnant sims to wear any outfit. Her formal-wear (a regular Maxis outfit) does not have a pregnancy morph, so when Outfit Sense determined that she should appear in formal, that's what she's wearing. I'm not sure forcing all pregnant sims into Maternity would be a better option, though (especially in winter, that always looks a bit odd!); perhaps just a note to players that pregnant sims will need some appropriate clothing with pregnancy morphs.

Edit: I should also add that I have experienced some noticeable lag, even more so than when a witch arrives on a community lot. This lag is happening sometimes but not always when a sim arrives on a lot in formal wear. The game will hang for a little bit and then the sim will appear decked out in fancy duds. It doesn't happen every time a sim shows up in formal wear, but every time it happens a sim shows up in formal wear, so I'm pretty sure that's the cause. For those playing on systems prone to lag, let this be a bit of a warning to you.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th May 2021 at 3:16 AM
i.ve seen some friends brought from job often come wearing formal instead of uniform
Forum Resident
#14 Old 21st Dec 2023 at 12:47 AM
Turned this mod off because I got tired of seeing Sims walk by in formal clothes in the middle of the day. IMHO it should be more of an evening and/or Downtown thing.