Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hangout After Work (UPDATE: 01/08/2019)

by piqiwi Posted 1st Feb 2018 at 1:35 AM - Updated 8th Jan 2019 at 3:31 PM by piqiwi

68 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:59 AM
Brilliant!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:15 AM
Interesting concept! Thank you, this will spice things up
Undead Molten Llama
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:41 AM
This is a wonderful idea! I'd love something similar for after-school activities for children/teens.

One question, though: If the person at work uses a nanny to watch their children while at work, will this be an issue with this mod? Meaning, will the nanny stay for the extra time that the parent is out of the house?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
This is a wonderful idea! I'd love something similar for after-school activities for children/teens.

One question, though: If the person at work uses a nanny to watch their children while at work, will this be an issue with this mod? Meaning, will the nanny stay for the extra time that the parent is out of the house?

I have tested it, and the Nanny will wait until the parents come back from hangout/overtime. So yes, the nanny will stay for extra time.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:01 AM
Great mod!
Finally my sims can go to for a beel after work!!!
Thank you! =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:54 AM
A very clever idea you have here. Not sure if I'd use it myself, but congratulations all the same.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:34 PM
Very clever mod, and definitely one that I will be trying out. Simply love mods that add a little realism to the game, and makes things less predictable. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:36 PM
Wonderful idea! Can't wait to try this mod in my game.
Just a question, will hangout event give all the bonuses listed at once? E.g. will concert give both film & literature and music enthusiasm or just one of them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by N_Fluen$e
Wonderful idea! Can't wait to try this mod in my game.
Just a question, will hangout event give all the bonuses listed at once? E.g. will concert give both film & literature and music enthusiasm or just one of them?

All the bonuses at once
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 4:12 PM
Very neat to spice things up, thanks! I would have loved to get a money bonus for staying over though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 5:49 PM
This is a great mod!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:31 PM
This is really great. Something I like in TS3 and 4 (or I thought I noticed this in another game), but I have a question to.
Does this slacking mean they work longer? Do they get paid for their overtime hours?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
This is really great. Something I like in TS3 and 4 (or I thought I noticed this in another game), but I have a question to.
Does this slacking mean they work longer? Do they get paid for their overtime hours?

unpaid overtime only work longer without any benefit
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:14 PM
And will sleepy sims GAIN energy from hangout, right? In real life people get tired after this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:35 PM
And will sleepy sims GAIN energy from hangout, right? In real life people get tired after this.

It will keep the energy at 15 at the least.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM
Piquiwi, My congratulations, you have great ideas, I hope you share many more mods!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:16 PM
This is such an awesome idea.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 12:15 AM
sounds great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:33 AM
So awesome!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by piqiwi
It will keep the energy at 15 at the least.

And if sim went to work with maximum energy will they also return with 15?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:38 PM
And if sim went to work with maximum energy will they also return with 15?

No. Their energy will still be depleted over time just as they work normally
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 9:46 PM
I'll have to investigate further, but after installing this mod I started getting notifications for when apartment neighbours received promotions. It doesn't affect gameplay as far as I can tell, but it's a tiny bit of an annoyance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 11:14 PM
you did ? it is strange because I have double checked, in the code I have put checking for pet and non-active apartment residents, so this mod won't affect those two groups. and this mod also did not change the promotion part. I'll try myself and see if I encounter the same problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 2:45 AM
I've just tried in my game with my mod installed, an apartment with 2 playable families. One sim in a family A in a state that will get promotion. I played the other family for a few sims days, and the sim in the family A, though still go to work, his job performance is never advancing as it supposed to be, and I never got job promotion notification for neighbors, only for family B which I played
Page 1 of 3