Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:23 AM
Default Question About Pescado Money order and Simwardrobe sent check
Hello all, I would like to know just how Pescado Money Order mod work please. I did read his read me txt but did not find an answer.
Once you send a money order to a Sims where do it show up at? I did not find it in the inventory or in the Sims mail box, I did not see an increase in their household funds.

I have Never use this mod before but would love to send money to Sims the features to who you want to sent it to and the amount is there.
I also try using the Simswardrobe Mod where you send a Sims a check the, that is suppose to show up in Sims inventory ( his txt said) It did not.

I also look at Sims house funds nothing was added to it, I have never use either mod before.
I do have Monique ATM machine but I can "Only" donate to Charity, it work find with my PC Sims banking System. I really want to be able to give money to individual Sims.
Whichever mod work better I will use. Thanks for your help

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:35 AM
I don't use either, I use Monique's hacked computer or Christionlov's money wallet controller. On there you can send them money or hand it to them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:55 AM
I've used the Money Order just once, I think, and I'm pretty sure the money was just immediately added to the household funds of the receiving sim. It was a rather large sum, so if it just disappeared, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 2:42 AM
I use the Money Order; it works perfectly and is easy to use.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:45 AM
I've got both in my game-but I prefer to use the checkbook because it's capable of sending large amounts of money to another pixel-I think the limit is $50,000, but I am not in my game..but I've sent checks of $20,000 to six different pixels, and one check was for $40,000.

The bonus of the checkbook is that the check goes directly to the intended pixel, and is in their inventory-it does not go into household funds. That enables the recipient the ability to hold on to the check until such time as needed. The money order works the same way.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:58 AM
Apparently I need to spend more time exploring these mods in my game.

Does anyone know if the "Earn Some Money" type wants are fulfilled by receiving either a money order or a check? And does it contribute to the "Earned $5000" type of memories?
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:59 AM
I think the recipient has to own a money order before they can be sent funds via money order. IIRC, the money just goes into household funds.

I prefer Christianlov's Wallet Controller, myself. It's cheaper and looks decorative, plus the money is held as a Bank Deposit in the name of the intended recipient, so it only goes into household funds if they choose to withdraw it.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote:
Does anyone know if the "Earn Some Money" type wants are fulfilled by receiving either a money order or a check? And does it contribute to the "Earned $5000" type of memories?

As far as I know, it does not. Because the check is just an object. Only by cashing it does the money appear, and it's not an earned amount.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:09 AM
@joandsarah77 Thank you so much I think the christianlov Wallet token is better it works in my game, even with Monique ATM Machine and the PC banking it seem to work ( no conflict yet )
One question please this do not seem to work on a community lot where a Sims can give money to someone, Do I need to place a "Controller" on each community lot for it to work?
Also Thanks you FranH for your input about this mod and everyone else.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:19 AM
Well it's an object mod so yes you would need to place one for it to work. I would just grab it from buy mode as needed-but I use a buy and build enabler to make that easy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#11 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 2:55 PM
The checks from SW go to the receiver's inventory. You can't send a check to a sim on the same lot, also can't send a check to uni sim if in the uni bin, don't remember if you can send it to them from one lot to another at uni, but can if in their neighborhood bin or lot. If the receiver is in the bin, then you need to move them to an empty or pre-built lot so they can remove it from inventory. To send, you place the checkbook on a table, have a sim write the check and put them in the mailbox, the receiver will have the check next time you play them. My main use for the checkbook was to share the money that collected in their Greek house, since sims start out with scholarship money, then painting or any other money they gain which all stays at the Greek house when they move or graduate. On return to the neighborhood they usually went to a large shared house where they all got jobs, dated, had a wedding if engaged then moved out. Since everyone's money was added to that household, they each got a share after moving out.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Simonut : 20th Nov 2017 at 11:56 PM.
@joandsarah77 Thanks for your reply, and since it is Holiday time please give your homeless Sims some money. Maybe they can buy a hut.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#13 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:10 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 21st Nov 2017 at 3:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I think the recipient has to own a money order before they can be sent funds via money order. IIRC, the money just goes into household funds.

This brings up an interesting bit of trivia. With Uni and up, that stopped being necessary, but you are right that basegame-only players have to place an empty money order somewhere on each residential lot that they intend to receive any funds (so if you're playing basegame only and want to use the system, you might as well put a blank money order object on every residential lot). The blank money order's physical presence then causes the basegame to run a check for any incoming funds, shortly after you open the household. If it finds any, a dialogue box pops up to say so and the amount then is added to household funds. (Once you have any expansion, it's a lot smoother: funds sent with moneyorder are transferred instantly, so the receiving household doesn't have to be opened to have their funds increased.)

Anyway, I'm another one for the WC here. You do have to place the object, as Jo points out, on any community lot where you want the functions. But I like a lot of things about it:
1. It's well self-contained with its controllers (never noticed conflicts with others, unlike the case with some other banking items' controllers).
2. It can be changed to look like any basegame plant, including the hanging ones (though it still takes up the deco slot below in that case, as if it were sitting on the surface).
3. It has a Give interaction, which even adds a small social boost as the giving sim walks over to the recipient sim and does the service-sim tip interaction.
4. It's easy to maintain separate WC accounts for every sim, which is especially great for roommates and dorms or any situation in which a sim wants to keep control of their own money rather than pooling it all.
5. It doesn't add to the amount a sim thinks they earned whenever a withdrawal is made (although Give doesn't make the recipient think they earned any money, either, which can be a drawback).
6. .Other than Give, all handling of accounts can be done on pause, which is handy for when you want to simulate somesim buying something out of another sim's inventory just by teleporting one of them to the active household and then teleporting them out again without an in-game social interaction. (And of course, if you want the social interaction, then teleport them in, take the game off of pause, and use Give---this works fine even at a residence when only the giving sim lives there; the visiting recipient will keep their new account balance when you play them next.)

But...Pescado's money order is great for when you want to either define exactly how much one sim or partial group of sims moves out of a household with (like at Uni*), or when you want to run through the animations where the sending sim sends money to an off-lot sim by mailing something. And as a less-known bit of trivia, Pescado also designed his noplayableshoppers mod to recognize the presence of the Money Order: playables who have one in inventory are considered an exception to the playables ban for any business lot, so they are permitted to show up.

*To do this, you click on the money order to use its dialogues and program it with the desired move-out amount, then put the money order in the inventory of the sim who'll be using the computer or newspaper to move out. Careful when queuing up the FOP/Move Back To action: the game's check to use the money order amount as an override happens at the very beginning of Find Own Place/Move Back To, so you must get the programmed money order properly into the sim's inventory before they start the FOP/MBT action at all. Once they start walking to the paper or computer as part of Find Own Place/MBT, it's already too late to pause and program/put the order into their inventory---but you can cancel the move-out dialogue and pause to program/place the money order from there, then try again. Plus, the game only checks the inventory of the sim actually doing the FOP animation, so if you put it in one mover's inventory and then have another moving sim do FOP, it won't work either, even if the sim with the money order also gets in the taxi.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:17 AM
They have a tent. Actually they earned enough busking to go to the bank and buy two piles of investment coins to keep in inventory (since I don't want items a robber might take)
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
They have a tent. Actually they earned enough busking to go to the bank and buy two piles of investment coins to keep in inventory (since I don't want items a robber might take)

So that is your homeless Sims they are so cute. WOW ! They did a lot of busking to now be able to go to the bank, good idea for them to not have their coins laying around.
I really LOVE this homeless couple and Never forgot them since you once told us about them on a post. So sweet :lovestruc and an excellent game play.