Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Water reeds + Dragonflies vfx + Catch interaction

by Bakie Posted 6th Oct 2017 at 8:12 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2021 at 6:01 PM by Bakie

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:51 AM
Thank you, i really like your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 12:51 AM
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 7:23 AM
That's really great! I love your mods giving much more "life" to the game. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 10:39 AM
I love all your creations. I love seeing them in game it really makes the game come alive. Well done!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 12:45 AM
Awesome! Thanks Bakie!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jneden

Quote: Originally posted by BrittaMA
That's really great! I love your mods giving much more "life" to the game. Thank you so much!

Quote: Originally posted by sharonb77
I love all your creations. I love seeing them in game it really makes the game come alive. Well done!

Quote: Originally posted by wendy35pearly
Awesome! Thanks Bakie!

You're welcome! Many more plans for these kind of mods

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 5:16 PM
Reeds Thank you, Bakie!!!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by beka7777
Reeds Thank you, Bakie!!!)

You're welcome!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 4:26 AM
This is awesome!!!! Thank you so much Bakie.
By the way, I love love love fireflies, wonder if you ever think of making it? Because it's Halloween, and having fireflies floating around in the backyard could be great!
Have a nice weekend Bakie!!! ^^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 1:07 PM Last edited by Armilus : 14th Oct 2017 at 1:28 PM.
More Insects?
Bats from vampire Gamepack flying around at night? Birds flying around in the day?

Edited because I didn't realize you already made jumping fish with waterlilies.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by groovy13
This is awesome!!!! Thank you so much Bakie.
By the way, I love love love fireflies, wonder if you ever think of making it? Because it's Halloween, and having fireflies floating around in the backyard could be great!
Have a nice weekend Bakie!!! ^^

Hi Groovy13,
Fireflies will not be here this Halloween, but I do have more plans for the these and the other insects in game.
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
More Insects?
Bats from vampire Gamepack flying around at night? Birds flying around in the day?
Edited because I didn't realize you already made jumping fish with waterlilies.

Hello Armilus,
- More insects? They are definitly on their way as I want to make all insects available to at least place in our own worlds too and maybe also try to implement the "catch feature" like with these dragonflies. So they will be there, but first I have some other plans.
- More bird? I love birds myself, so every bird I can add, I will add! I have some more mods involving birds in the works now too.
- Bats? Just keep an eye out on my YouTube channel, Tumblr or here on MTS with Halloween

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 3:30 PM
As you know, you have had my continued support for a while now and you're one of my favourite creators here. As you also know, I created my very first item for TS4. Your support was genuinely appreciated. Considering I'm a fan of your work, it meant a lot actually. It's only a simple little item and nothing overly impressive, but it's my first upload, which makes it special, I suppose. Whether or not I'll continue creating in the future remains to be seen. Like I just said in another thread; don't hold your breath. lol

Anyway, just wanted to write and show my full appreciation. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly
As you know, you have had my continued support for a while now and you're one of my favourite creators here. As you also know, I created my very first item for TS4. Your support was genuinely appreciated. Considering I'm a fan of your work, it meant a lot actually. It's only a simple little item and nothing overly impressive, but it's my first upload, which makes it special, I suppose. Whether or not I'll continue creating in the future remains to be seen. Like I just said in another thread; don't hold your breath. lol
Anyway, just wanted to write and show my full appreciation. Thanks!

Thank you too Duncan! I never forget your first comment to a video of mine on YouTube with just had one short line of talking about the subject (The unclocked lawn aparts) and then a whole story about something TOTALLY different what didn't made any sense at all. And I enjoyed replying to that comments with the same kind of nonsense. (I just re-read it all)
Since then you've been a great support, so thank you for that too.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:41 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
Thank you too Duncan! I never forget your first comment to a video of mine on YouTube with just had one short line of talking about the subject (The unclocked lawn aparts) and then a whole story about something TOTALLY different what didn't made any sense at all. And I enjoyed replying to that comments with the same kind of nonsense. (I just re-read it all)
Since then you've been a great support, so thank you for that too.

OMG! Two years ago! I totally forgot about that. Hilarious! That's what I call one of my typical rants. They're intentionally random and nonsensical. The message being, you don't need a reason to laugh and even nonsense can be funny. Whether the reader sees the humour, or not, is up to them ultimately. Therefore, my words say more about you, than they do me, because it's not about me. You saw this, to a greater or lesser extent, by seeing the funny side.

It's not uncommon for me to write witty (hopefully) words as a show of my appreciation. The way I see it, words are all we have on the web and we exist vicariously through them. So, if I can manipulate them positively and send out good Karma, it means they're worth composing.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning my comments. It was fun to read them again, especially on a critique level to see if my style has altered much.

WHAT I IF TOLD
YOU

THAT YOU READ
THE FIRST LINE WRONG?

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fetry
thanks

You're welcome Fetry!
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan Disorderly
OMG! Two years ago! I totally forgot ... "and so on" :P

How can you forget! :P
Anyway, will answer in the same way if you ever feel like writing a story again :P

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:47 AM
Wow
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sorika86
Wow

Says enough, thanks

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:08 AM
Awesome! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aloneguy950
Awesome! Thanks!

You're welcome!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 7:42 AM Last edited by simiya : 4th Jan 2019 at 8:55 PM.
Hey, Bakie! Version of my game 1.48.94.1020, I have all the add-ons and gamepaks, I turned on the effect but I do not see dragonflies. Maybe you need to update this mod? Please check..

UPD: I found out that the dragonflies were not there because it was raining.
Sorry for my bad English)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Jan 2019 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simiya
Hey, Bakie! Version of my game 1.48.94.1020, I have all the add-ons and gamepaks, I turned on the effect but I do not see dragonflies. Maybe you need to update this mod? Please check..
UPD: I found out that the dragonflies were not there because it was raining.
Sorry for my bad English)

Hi Simiya!
Thanks for the update as maybe more people will have the same kind of problem with this mod. I will also add it to the description.

Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 9:14 PM
I literally had to make an account so I could say thank you for this. Dragonflies mean something extra special to me. I lost my son at 22 weeks gestation due to many complications in July 2018. He lived for 8 hours with me after his cord was cut, and a couple weeks after his passing, my family and I started seeing yellow dragonflies everywhere. I sometimes saw more than 10 yellow dragonflies in a day. Most of them got my attention, some I just saw in the distance. My husband and I know it's a message from our son.

So this morning as I search for dragonfly themed CC for my Sims, I came across this mod. Tears streamed down my face as I showed my husband that we can have dragonflies in our alternate reality too. Thank you for this. From the bottom of my heart.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th May 2019 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baconandeggs4513
I literally had to make an account so I could say thank you for this. Dragonflies mean something extra special to me. I lost my son at 22 weeks gestation due to many complications in July 2018. He lived for 8 hours with me after his cord was cut, and a couple weeks after his passing, my family and I started seeing yellow dragonflies everywhere. I sometimes saw more than 10 yellow dragonflies in a day. Most of them got my attention, some I just saw in the distance. My husband and I know it's a message from our son.

So this morning as I search for dragonfly themed CC for my Sims, I came across this mod. Tears streamed down my face as I showed my husband that we can have dragonflies in our alternate reality too. Thank you for this. From the bottom of my heart.

I'm sorry to hear about your son, that's an aweful thing to experience. It's beautiful though to hear about those dragonflies. I really think they're some very nice looking insects, especially in all those different colors.
If there ever will be the posibility to change the textures on effects too, I can try to make yellow ones too maybe. But so far no one discovered yet how to do that unfortunately.
I'm happy to hear you like my versions too though and hope you will enjoy using them in your game.

Page 1 of 2