Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
as soon as I finish screenshots for it.

That's pretty much where I am on mine too, except...I actually need to start my screenshots.
Advertisement
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#52 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 9:34 PM
Screenshots are the bane of my creator existence. I have soooooooo many things I could/should upload. It's just the pics and upload process make me just go, "Meh", and then I never upload them
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#53 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 9:39 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 6th Nov 2017 at 11:19 PM.
Well I am learning how to recolour and my first upload for the theme will be some Christmas stars. Since I am not feeling like building right now they are on hold.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 11:14 PM
Ok a few minor changes to make it base game compatible, and a bit of cleaning up of extraneous bhavs and interactions and the tree will be ready to upload!

I am using the snowman radio right now, and unfortunately that came with happy holiday pack so unless you have that, you get no sound :P

You can make it glow, white, red, green, or have it flash/alternate among those, make it play holiday music (or not), and have presents/no presents. It also uses Honeywell's bonus guid, so you can summon Santa with it. (I am testing that to make sure I didn't mess something up with that tho ) And doesn't catch on fire!

Wanted to add, I plan on a version with custom music instead so you don't have to have Holiday pack as well.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
Screenshots are the bane of my creator existence. I have soooooooo many things I could/should upload. It's just the pics and upload process make me just go, "Meh", and then I never upload them

Lol. We need some minions to take screenshots and upload and describe things for us

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 12:30 AM
I have said that for a while now! we need minions!
Mad Poster
#57 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 5:04 PM
Screenshots are the worst. But even though I hate doing them, I am still very grateful to MTS for keeping the requirements it has because it's not too much to ask that we show what we make in a proper way so people know what they get. I hardly ever download off-MTS for that exact reason, so no matter how much it takes away the will to share, I still think it's the best option. But yes, it would definitely be wonderful to have someone that could help out with the screenshots from time to time so you don't always have to do it yourself. The upload process always takes longer than the actual making of something, usually three or four times as long. Screenshots are usually half of that time, or more.

And on that note I am going to do screenshots for my contribution in a little bit. It threw a visual problem at me, but I found a fix (thanks gdayars!) so it should be out today or tomorrow if nothing else occurs.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 5:46 PM
And thanks to Gummi who helped with my function main problem with the tree (darn stack object vs my problem :p)

Am on custom music part now, santa comes, so should be uploaded soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 6:07 PM
Haha, I love you guys. I'm always joking about hiring someone to do screenshots. Glad to know I'm not alone. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#60 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
But even though I hate doing them, I am still very grateful to MTS for keeping the requirements it has because it's not too much to ask that we show what we make in a proper way so people know what they get. I hardly ever download off-MTS for that exact reason, so no matter how much it takes away the will to share, I still think it's the best option.

I actually do often download from other places. Just recently I downloaded a crap-ton of hair. And yes, not having enough screenshots is so annoying! I loaded so many hairs up in CAS only to find that there were gaps/transparency or even just weird colours that weren't shown by the creator, because apparently just one pic of exactly one colour was supposedly enough. Just really frustrating. Some of it was still great hair, of course, but it's a lot more of a dicey thing.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:50 PM
There are some creators uploading on Tumblr who are really, really good. Unfortunately, some don't create anymore or don't create as often, but their stuff is still up. Poppet and Crisps and Kerosene are two examples of solid stuff on Tumblr. Most of the creations on PBK and GOS are pretty sound.

But others ... I recently downloaded some hair from one Tumblr uploader I didn't know much about, and found some of the worst gaps at the back of the neck that I ever saw. Even some of the stuff back in the early days that had this problem wasn't as bad!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:58 PM
Way back the issue with hair was texture or thin areas, these days it's more neck gaps and weird transparency issues.

I can't decide on the colour of my background for my stars. Apart from that I am ready to start taking the screenshots.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 4:17 PM
I had remote control issues last night (long story, but cats decided our remotes all needed a bath and spilled a drink all over them...) , so am doing the sound files tonight instead, then will have to retest that version in base game, and if it works ok, I will release it tomorrow or the next day

Meantime, GIF link alert below spoiler.

Mad Poster
#64 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Meantime, GIF link alert below spoiler.

That looks amazing!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#65 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:08 PM
I uploaded my star recolour set. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=602722

~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:18 AM Last edited by gdayars : 13th Nov 2017 at 1:16 AM.
Coming REAL soon :P

edited to say it is up. :P
Forum Resident
#67 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:38 PM
I'd ask that no one hold me to this, but I'm going to try. I really am!

A 'Trick or Treat' or a 'Caroling' option. If I attach it to an object and use the hiking interaction (and try to remove the random consequences said interaction has) I may be able to pull it off.

And if I can't, then it's out there for a smarter modder to try!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:47 PM
The trick or treating would be amazing if the people who went came back with edible candy
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:41 PM
Mad Poster
#70 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:05 AM
I have an idea for a pet breed.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#71 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:49 PM
I kind of want to make some Victorian-era Christmas cards for use with MogHughson's Postal System.

(I even bought a book about Victorian Christmas cards to use to help make them more historically accurate!)

Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
A 'Trick or Treat' or a 'Caroling' option. If I attach it to an object and use the hiking interaction (and try to remove the random consequences said interaction has) I may be able to pull it off.

Both of these sound amazing! :-)
Mad Poster
#72 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:49 PM
Mad Poster
#73 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:17 PM
How do you actually make something for a theme? I've never done it before.

I ended up making that cat Christmas ornament play toy. I'm trying to resist uploading anything Christmas before it's at least December. XD
Mad Poster
#74 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 3:05 PM
You just make something related and then add the tag #themeSHC when uploading it. Unless that wasn't a literal question.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:35 PM
Yes that's all you do for it. If your upload somehow ties into either Seasons or Celebrations just upload and add that theme tag to it and your name automatically goes to a list that we have.

~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 4