Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 7:12 AM
Living in the southern hemisphere too - here, Christmas is sunny and warm and celebrations are outside more often than not. I would like some non-snowy Christmas things for my sims
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
There was some talking about custom parties around here a while ago. I hope someone really makes something. I've wanted funerals for a while now.

I've been giving that some thought for a while now - but it's low on the list. However, the aforementioned bell might well have something to contribute to that idea. That will likely get done since Gayars seems resolved on mentioning it at any given opportunity. She will embarrass me into finishing it I'm sure. In my defense I will say this: the bell now rings. It just won't stop ringing.*

*It's ok, I do know what to do about that, it's just getting myself to do it when I have a sims mind that goes 'ooo shinies....'** at the least provocation. You know, I'm quite a serious person in my professional life.

** hence the tinsel idea

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 12:31 PM Last edited by gdayars : 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:12 PM.
Seriously I do understand, so feel free to prod me along as well if we can get your project and one I am currently working on done,we might be able to help considerably with some one else's project and perhaps help with several types of life events. All I am saying.

*Makes solemn vow not to prod any more * :p
Mad Poster
#29 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:51 AM Last edited by gazania : 4th Oct 2017 at 7:55 AM.
I've been having a royal kerfuffle with two dorms. My extensive and wordy battle is detailed on the Creator's thread.

A few people suggested that perhaps the problem occurred because I built them in a regular hood, then rezoned them in Uni. At first, I dismissed the idea because I thought I built the dorm in the Uni hood, but now I'm wondering if I'm not 'membering as well as I thought I did. My plan is to rebuild at least one ... probably both in time ... in a freshly-created Uni hood in my Rabbie Bear prep hood (no Sims ever set foot in there). Make a Uni, build the dorm or dorms from the ground up (not restructure ... build completely), cut down the CC (lots of it), and package. Use the Rabbie Bear hood as my test hood, and prepare the lot for download in a vanilla game.

But if I can get the dorms to work right (still a huge "if"), using a song lyric, "from the ashes of disaster grow the roses of success". Perhaps i can use one or both of the lots for the theme. Would Homecoming count as a celebration? Lots of team banners (go, Gerbits), perhaps a buffet table or a BBQ or two for some food. A bonfire if I can squeeze it somewhere. Could this work?

While I would use CC, I would have to really, really tone it down. But maybe it could fly.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:19 AM
why not?

I would think even sim holidays as opposed to real ones would fit the spirit, such as "love day" or "spooky day"

and don't forget the iconic symbols of sims games, flamingos, llamas, and that annoying cow mascot that has a special meaning for those of us here at mts
Mad Poster
#31 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:37 AM
Well ...at least I will have the floor plans already!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:12 AM
Quote:
I've been having a royal kerfuffle with two dorms. My extensive and wordy battle is detailed on the Creator's thread.

A few people suggested that perhaps the problem occurred because I built them in a regular hood, then rezoned them in Uni.

Yes, that would be it gazania, you must build dorms in the uni hood for them to work properly. I know as I tried it myself some years ago and was told so.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:48 AM
Just remember, it has to be a well thought out sim holiday, it can be an iconic sim thing, but it has to be believable as a sim holiday. Homecomings are real, throw in some llama banners, llama posters, a llama mascot, a buffet table with a llama table cloth, perhaps a llama topped cake, a juice keg, and a campfire, and some cheerleaders with llama cheerleading outfits, and a stereo and you have a "llama team homecoming game celebration party" .THAT is believable.

A "sim fool day" with pranks (flaming bag of poo anyone?) and other iconic things tied in to something that is very real as a holiday, work. Simify your holidays! throw a few plumbobs around, Add a gnome elf to your front yard for a Christmas decoration, Hang a wreath around a flamingo. Go wild, BUT It has to make sense, it has to feel like a real holiday, something a sim would actually have for a real sim holiday/celebration/seasonal event.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:57 AM
I like those ideas, you have me thinking now. I was kind of thinking garden + spring fair type things for my Spring lot but I like the idea of it being tied to a made up holiday like 'flamingo day'. I am rather fond of using the in game flamingo's.

@grinevilly why did you delete your post it was interesting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:11 PM
I've never uploaded before, so won't promise anything, but this theme has me very tempted to do some building. I might make a park kitted out for Guy Fawkes night, since that's coming up, & if that goes well I have some more ambitious ideas...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#36 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 1:12 PM
If you want some help Cakeninja, Creator Feedback is very, very useful. http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=611

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:21 PM
Llama day? Sounds amusing.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:51 PM
Survival bunker for extreme storms?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:30 PM
@gummilutt - Oh noes... I take it things did not go well since your new mod project isn't up.
...and you're kidding, right?! You have done work on all kinds of things outside modding that look great. Do all the things!!!
Mad Poster
#40 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:42 PM
Thank you, very sweet thing to say. Though I'd say doing all of the things is kind of my problem, so many projects and so little time As for the mentioned project not being up yet I just got a cold and hit a road bump on the project. But it'll be released, sooner or later Have a long list of things to release, just need to find time and energy to take screenshots for all of it.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:50 PM
I wish I had your talent, so I could have those problems. Sheesh! I want to do all the things!!! I hear you on screenshots... I'm considering hiring someone to do them for me.
I hope you're feeling better sooner than soon, take good care of yourself!
just a girl
#42 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I have a sims mind that goes 'ooo shinies....'** at the least provocation.

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Though I'd say doing all of the things is kind of my problem, so many projects and so little time

I know what you mean.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
I wish I had your talent, so I could have those problems. Sheesh! I want to do all the things!!!

Most people have considerably more talent than they think they do, but are held back by their own conviction that they couldn't possibly learn it. I've thought so about so many things, and then when someone explains it to me it turns out it's not nearly as hard as it seems. Most recently uvmapping. I'd wager with the right environment you could learn a whole lot more than you think If you aren't busy now, come talk to me on discord and we'll take a stab at the mod you wanted to make. You'll see you have more talent than you think :lovestruc

Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 8:26 PM
You're right. I am definitely held back by fear of failure. Ouch! Shots fired and bluff called! Haha, fair enough. My sister wanted to have a chat with me, so I'm waiting on her to come in. If she bails, I'll look you up soon!
If she actually does need to talk, I'll try finding you in an hour or so. Thanks for the prod!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 7:03 AM
Apparently I am making greeting cards for MogHughson's Postal System. I say "apparently," because I was quite a ways into this project before I realized most of them fit with the current theme; so far I've got 1 Birthday, 7 Congratulations, 3 Easter, 11 Fanmail, 1 Friendship, 1 Graduation, 4 Happy New Year, 7 Kwanzaa, 4 Mothers Day, 1 New Home, 2 New Job, 3 Thanksgiving, and 1 Thank You. I've also started work on a Hanukkah set which will probably be 5-10 cards. All in all, that's a lot to celebrate! :lovestruc
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 4:40 PM
Quick question I saw a snowman Christmas tree at Wal Mart, and kind of for a joke, and kind of because I thought it would fit with the sim's type of humor, I made it in the game. I am still tweaking it.

that is the "lit" version. I kind of need to know if anyone would actually want it. I realize it is kind of an odd object :P
Mad Poster
#47 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 5:25 PM
gdayars, that is super cute! I rarely do anything with Christmas trees of any kind in my game, so I'm thinking I probably wouldn't actually use it. Though...would it be possible to have a version without the presents? That seems like something I might actually put on a sim's front lawn. But please don't take this as a "request"; I don't mean it that way. I just mean that's one way I could see myself using something like this in my game. Seems like it would fit nicely next to the lit up reindeer.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 5:29 PM
Yes there is going to be a no presents option when you choose recolors
Theorist
#49 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:00 PM
I just saw that a few days ago at Walmart, it wasn't so great looking, but I love your version and simmies will too! It was a bit depressing hearing Christmas music the day after Halloween, not even near Thanksgiving yet. And those talking, singing Santas scared the be-jeebers out of me, I didn't even see them as I went by. Creepy voices, they sort of fit more for Halloween. Will the snowman spawn santa? Not really needed since we got a few new objects last year that do. Snowman would look adorable outside, hope he's fireproof. We really need new smilies too.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 4:36 PM
The contribution I intended to release that I last said was almost finished is throwing a weird error with no rhyme or reason to when it does, so that one has taking a backseat until I have some kind of idea of how to figure out the error. But I re-visited an old half-started project and managed to finish it, and then realized it will fit this theme. I'm really really pleased with it, the coding was a lot of fun, and it's something I wanted to have for ages. So hopefully, if nothing else gets in the way, I will have my contribution out as soon as I finish screenshots for it.

Page 2 of 4