Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Inventing Revamp

by KittyTheSnowcat Posted 3rd Oct 2017 at 6:25 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2020 at 8:46 PM by KittyTheSnowcat : Added Tutorial

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 9:56 PM
I don't know if this is also included, but can you add the real time machine to the list as well? (I mean the ITF one which spawns with Emit) It would be great for roleplaying purposes imo. Thanks
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:22 PM
I play an island world that is cut off from the world. Can I suggest a version that makes electronics or at least explain how to do it our selves (to add CC too)?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:36 PM
So this explains that pic on Tumblr! How fun!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 10:42 PM
The one thing I have to say about the original time machine is that if ITF is installed, one can use the Ambitions time machine to travel to and from Oasis Landing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 8:38 AM
First of all, it's mind-blowing, thank you for the idea and your work on it! And secondly, I suppose it doesn't work if I don't have ITF and Pets, right? but even if I can't use this without the necessary EPs, I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate the concept!
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimi_Sardinia
The one thing I have to say about the original time machine is that if ITF is installed, one can use the Ambitions time machine to travel to and from Oasis Landing.

That requires NRaas Traveler though, and I still prefer to use the original thing. One can also use the LLAMA teleport thing that came with Supernatural with Traveler also installed, but as I said I prefer the original one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bergin
I don't know if this is also included, but can you add the real time machine to the list as well? (I mean the ITF one which spawns with Emit) It would be great for roleplaying purposes imo. Thanks

Since I have no idea at which level you want to have it, maybe you can create it yourself? Just open the mod in S3PE and add another entry. The Medator_instance for the time portal is portal the Ep is EP11 of course (E and P need to be in caps). This will create an inactivated portal which you can inspect and it will then spawn Emit.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
I play an island world that is cut off from the world. Can I suggest a version that makes electronics or at least explain how to do it our selves (to add CC too)?

I am planning on making some more versions, but it will take time. I will write a tutorial when I find the time (maybe this weekend). You can speed it up by sending me a list with objects with level, scrap it takes to make them and the time it takes to make them, so I don't have to think about those things.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
Since I have no idea at which level you want to have it, maybe you can create it yourself? Just open the mod in S3PE and add another entry. The Medator_instance for the time portal is portal the Ep is EP11 of course (E and P need to be in caps). This will create an inactivated portal which you can inspect and it will then spawn Emit.

Will try it, thank you
Field Researcher
#11 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 4:56 PM
This looks interesting and I would downloaded it right away for a possible inventor sim in the future, but only if the time machine was still included.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Oct 2017 at 6:08 PM
What a great idea, Snow! Thank you! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 5:43 PM
Wow, this is so impressive, can't wait to try it in my game! Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 9:41 PM Last edited by kixleart : 15th Nov 2017 at 11:42 PM.
Could you please make a version that includes all the original inventions? i personally enjoy them and i would enjoy this mod even more if it added to the original content instead of replacing most of it.
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 7:46 PM
This an awesome idea. But when I downloaded it and tried to play, my game froze, and stopped responding therefore making it really difficult to shut down. I have many other mods installed, so I have no idea which one its conflicting with.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 11:48 PM
Finally, I can have a use for the Inventing skill!
I second kixleart's suggestion. Perhaps could you introduce a mod flavor that still includes the stuff you took out, along with the additions? You don't have to completely change your existing mod, just add the option. There's some people who may want to retain the old inventions, regardless of how useless they can be.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:58 PM
I absolutely love this, although I wish the Ambitions Time Machine was kept in, since I quite like the little event that plays out after you make it, and despite it being a rabbit hole, I love being able to change the present by traveling back in time.
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:19 PM
Hey, you say you've removed useless widgets from the inventing list - what were those? I kinda liked the useless things to use as decorations. The mod sounds great, but I'd be sad to have the inventing be rid of some of the flavor thingies!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 3:39 AM
Is it ok if I change it so that it doesn't need the store content? I am not going to share it. It will stay in my games. I just don't plan on purchasing those items and am not sure how the mod will act if I don't have them installed.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 9:58 PM
It doesn't work for me. I dopn't know if it's because of the Inventing/Sculpting speedup mod I have, but this just doesn't work for me. Damnit, I really wanted to invent a Bot Workstation
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:17 PM
This is awesome, but could you please make a tutorial on how to edit it sometime soon? It works fine in game-my sims invents the things listed, doubt the bugs that I've had are caused by it-but I'd like to remove the store items since I don't own them and don't have the money for them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veiledstar
Is it ok if I change it so that it doesn't need the store content? I am not going to share it. It will stay in my games. I just don't plan on purchasing those items and am not sure how the mod will act if I don't have them installed.

Of course it is. And please do share Others might not have the Store items as well. You can just link it here in the comments or sent it to me then I will upload it here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DatGuyAron
It doesn't work for me. I dopn't know if it's because of the Inventing/Sculpting speedup mod I have, but this just doesn't work for me. Damnit, I really wanted to invent a Bot Workstation

Well does it use the same file? If it changes the time all those inventions take for inventing it definitely does. just put mine in Overrides or take the other one out.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PoetGal
This is awesome, but could you please make a tutorial on how to edit it sometime soon? It works fine in game-my sims invents the things listed, doubt the bugs that I've had are caused by it-but I'd like to remove the store items since I don't own them and don't have the money for them.

I am planning on writing a detailed Tutorial. Sadly I did not have time to do it yet. I am back to playing for a bit, but only because I have a cold. I still have one more exam coming up. If you look at the file in S3PE you will notice that there is a pattern repeating itself for each item. Just remove the whole block of the item you want to remove.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
This looks interesting and I would downloaded it right away for a possible inventor sim in the future, but only if the time machine was still included.

Then copy the entry back.
Page 1 of 2