Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:19 PM
Omg! Getting The Sims 2 Uc Is Still Possible!
I JUST got TS2:UC on my 4/5 try. I had to switch countries because US/UK/NZ did not have live chat. I switched to India, where I know they speak English for EA Support. Anyway, I told them I really wanted (legally) The Sims 2. The advisor talked to his supervisor and since I was an "avid Sims fan," (I had TS3 on Steam along with 4 EPs that were registered on Origin) he GAVE IT TO ME!! Just persevere and you might get it!!! Here are photos: https://imgur.com/a/JFEw4 (I couldn't figure out how to attach files)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:32 PM
Yes - we've been seeing several people getting it lately but it's always useful to know they are still giving it out.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 3:43 PM
The same happened to me, but I played it safe by attaching a picture of the back of the game manual and a piece of paper with my account e-mail written on it. Got it on the second try, which is great.

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 4:23 PM
Great to hear that - the OP was in search of a legal copy the other day, so enjoy!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 6:37 PM
Yay!!! Good for you. I am very happy..I too saw your thread about getting a real copy..this is great news! Enjoy!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 11:13 PM
Yes we keep telling people to try and keep trying if you get a cranky person the first time. Perseverance pays off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 1:21 PM
Thanks everyone!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:35 PM
enjoy the best sims game ever made!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:36 AM
I think your chances of getting Sims 2 are better if you own one of The Sims games. They called me an "Avid fan of Sims" probably because I had Sims 3 + 4 expansions.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:39 AM
My gawd..how would they call me? I have everything sims 2, everything sims 3..minus 1 SP and 1 EP, and I have sims 4 +..a few packs, i can't recall which ones. lol

#11 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:36 PM
Still don't understand why they offer it for free. You have new people from sims 4 going backwards to explore sims 2 so it's still has revenue potential so why not offer it on origin.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 12:46 PM
No EA support for UC - or Sims 2 - anymore?
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
Still don't understand why they offer it for free. You have new people from sims 4 going backwards to explore sims 2 so it's still has revenue potential so why not offer it on origin.

Probably because if they sell if, there's some obligation that they have to provide support for it. And since it doesn't even run on some modern machines without a lot of poking that wouldn't be fun.

I still would love if TS2 and all the EPs/SPs (maybe not the UC; seems like a pain fixing the foldername every time you want to use the HCDU) was made available on GOG. though. I'd grab it. No hassle of dealing with a dozen disks.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Probably because if they sell if, there's some obligation that they have to provide support for it.
I feel that's a rather optimistic view of the games industry.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 2:07 PM
You don't have to fix the foldername each time you want to use HCDU.
You make a copy of your game folder once, rename it to The Sims 2 and keep its downloads folder up to date.
Alchemist
#16 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:03 PM
Good things in life that are free:

Air
Water
Love
Sunlight
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Field Researcher
#17 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
No EA support for UC - or Sims 2 - anymore?

Nope. It's why they gave out the UC completely for free three years ago whether you had the games on a disc or not.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 9:57 AM
Water isn't free. They're trying to charge for it here.

But when EA gave out the UC they specifically said that the disc version wouldn't be supported anymore. So it sounds like they are still supporting the UC.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 11:37 AM
That is when I switched over, @kiddypatches - seem to remember it was close to stopping support for Sims 2 and releasing Sims 4?

@Charity - makes me wonder if anyone with UC has tried to get support from EA recently; would be interesting to know.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 8:58 PM
@Justpetro
Because you seemed interesting to know..
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...098#post5272098

Alchemist
#21 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:15 PM
I'm not sure how much they monitor the board, though. I never received an answer when I posted about a problem with TS3, but they did give me free phone and chat support. They did say they were releasing UC because they were ending support for the previous versions of the games.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 9:18 PM
You are right. I'll pass the info. Thank you.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:55 PM
I got a UC Origin download free on Sept. 12th. Initially I just wanted to streamline the install process as I own all the EPs and SPs except maybe M&G and Holiday. I filled out the EA support form to contact them stating that I was hoping for a better way to install all my Sims 2 stuff without installing, patching, swapping CDs that would take forever. Later the same day I received a phone call from an EA CSR in India. She really wasn't that friendly and kept rushing me/interrupting (a big no-no in any customer service) but I understand call metrics altogether too well so I kept on. She said that all she needed was a picture of Any game disc, picture of my collection, or even the install code from just one of the discs and she would send out an Origin download link for UC. I attached a .jpg picture snapped with my phone of my games all laid out on the floor to the case number I opened up. Note: it seems the Indian CSRs cannot receive regular email/webmail but if you attach a picture to your case then they can access it much faster/easier. Finally I received the code and then I downloaded the Origin client, plugged in the promotional code, and downloaded UC for free! I think she basicly just wanted to get me off the phone asap but it all worked out and I appreciate not having to take all day to install everything manually.

Edit: Now my only concern is that if support is over then will I be able to download the 6GB Ultimate Collection again if I need to reinstall it because I changed hardware/needed to reload windows...

Kidney stones are never round pebbles... they are more like jagged stalactites.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 12:11 AM
I can still download The Sims 2 Store Edition..just because I downloaded it ONCE. I changed computers often in the past, and always could re-download every game I had *registered* So i would answer yes, to your question. I never asked for the UC, but it is there, sitting among my games, ready to be downloaded if I ever decide to do so and stop using my disks & my Store edition.

Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:01 PM
Default Ultimate Collection
I successfully got the Ultimate Collection yesterday :D
Page 1 of 2