Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Quicker Cooking & Eating OverRide

by uec397 Posted 31st Aug 2017 at 5:45 PM - Updated 4th Sep 2017 at 5:59 PM by uec397

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 7:52 PM
Ahhh, thank you! It is refreshing to see an updated mod that includes everything, and not select recipes, items, etc. I love complete and updated mods. And this is one definitely worth having in-game! I, too, thought it odd how cooking varied between how pricey or nicer a stove was. :/ Thank you for all your fixes and overrides! I love them, and I look forward to more.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:17 PM
Default About the Mod
Do you install the mod in the overrides folder or the package folder?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Edorenel
Ahhh, thank you! It is refreshing to see an updated mod that includes everything, and not select recipes, items, etc. I love complete and updated mods. And this is one definitely worth having in-game! I, too, thought it odd how cooking varied between how pricey or nicer a stove was. :/ Thank you for all your fixes and overrides! I love them, and I look forward to more.

I hope you like it. I went through about as much as I could find to even things out over the different cooking devices. The changes to the prep time for all the recipes helps a great deal as well. I have another mod that they turned down. I am going to try posting it again. It combines upgrade, hack, nectar making, cooking, bathing, terrariums, toilets etc. so if you like all of those mods they unfortunately make adjustments to a lot of the same files and therefor conflict with one another. With mine, you don't have conflicts because they are all in one mod. We'll see if they allow it. One of the problems they claimed was that I only had one single version of the mod, but in FACT, I had 24 versions of the mod. So I don't know what their problem is. It works great in my game, so hopefully I can get them to accept it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BladeofNight
Do you install the mod in the overrides folder or the package folder?

I have never put any mods in the overrides folder. I have only ever put them in the package folder. So if you just drop it in there, it will work just fine as long as you don't have any other mod that makes changes to recipes or any of the stoves. It won't necessarily stop either of them from working, but it can slow your game down and cause parts of a mod to not work properly. That's as far as I know.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 9:39 PM
Ohh~ I like the sound of that new mod! Gee, I hope they accept it! I could definitely use a mod like that in my game. I like the idea of combining all of that into one file instead of making, you know, a bunch of them all separate. It will be easier on my PC. I am not a modder. So, I don't understand or know how things work...but I've seen mods here that are all-in-one. Idk what the problem is either. :/ I'm crossing fingers, though! I know there are a lot of us simmers here would love to see that new mod and have it in our games. And they'll say so!

Also, I always put mods into the Override folder--mods that are default replacements or overrides; otherwise, the rest goes into the Package folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 10:20 PM
Ohh~ I like the sound of that new mod! Gee, I hope they accept it! I could definitely use a mod like that in my game. I like the idea of combining all of that into one file instead of making, you know, a bunch of them all separate. It will be easier on my PC. I am not a modder. So, I don't understand or know how things work...but I've seen mods here that are all-in-one. Idk what the problem is either. :/ I'm crossing fingers, though! I know there are a lot of us simmers here would love to see that new mod and have it in our games. And they'll say so!

Also, I always put mods into the Override folder--mods that are default replacements or overrides; otherwise, the rest goes into the Package folder.

As far as where the mods go, the overrides should probably go in the overrides folder. I have just never noticed a difference. My computer is fairly stout though, so maybe that makes a difference. Of course, this game will bog down any computer except the best.

I figured a mod like that would probably end up fairly popular. I have been using it in my game. Set up to my tastes which seem to be a little different than most people's. The problem is, they want you to list all of the resources the mod changes and all of the default settings etc. I have created 24 different versions of the mod so far and it will take me ten times as long just to create a write up to satisfy the moderators. A truly serious pain. I have started to write it all up, but it will take a few days just to get all the info put together just so I can begin to upload it. We'll see.

I am also going to upload three more files of this mod with 6 meals in the group serving with 50, 75, and 100% cleanup just to give a little extra choice. That is actually the version I started using.
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 3:25 AM
Will this mod interfere with Ani's No Shop from Fridge mod? I think it would, but I can't tell for sure!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by becketth
Will this mod interfere with Ani's No Shop from Fridge mod? I think it would, but I can't tell for sure!

I downloaded Ani's mod and opened it up for a look. There are no files that I see in Ani's mod that are in my mod. It should not conflict at all.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:20 PM
I love that this is so thoroughly updated and fresh, but it's longer eating times I'm seeking so they can sit and talk awhile at family meals. I know that Cazelfax's mod does this, but it's on the way-back-to-'09 list of mods on this site and I'd prefer something more recent if you're into adding flavor again. Shorter cooking and 75% cleanup are tempting features but I needz that family time.

Also, would this conflict with icarus_allsorts' mod for setting the table?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonas3333
I love that this is so thoroughly updated and fresh, but it's longer eating times I'm seeking so they can sit and talk awhile at family meals. I know that Cazelfax's mod does this, but it's on the way-back-to-'09 list of mods on this site and I'd prefer something more recent if you're into adding flavor again. Shorter cooking and 75% cleanup are tempting features but I needz that family time.

Also, would this conflict with icarus_allsorts' mod for setting the table?

I could make one version with slower eating, but would have to look into the sit and talk for a bit option. As far as conflicting Icarus_allsort's mod, It won't conflict. They do not use any of the same files.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:11 PM
Appreciate any alternative you provide. I think(but am not sure) that the sims will autonomously talk while eating which is also just fine if that's the case.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 6:01 PM
Appreciate any alternative you provide. I think(but am not sure) that the sims will autonomously talk while eating which is also just fine if that's the case.

I took a little bit and made some new files with slower eating and more talking. I did not make changes to the prep and cook times. Just too much work involved. Have tested the changes and it is quite a difference.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 6:00 PM

About that Object multi mod. I tried to upload it twice. They refuse both times with completely lame excuses. They won't let me have one mod that does everything so as not to conflict with each other. I am beginning to think they work for EA. Anyway, sorry, but no mod that takes care of everything with just one file. I have been using it for a while now and it works great, but unless I find another site to upload it to...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 8:45 AM
Thank you! Wow!! You did NOT mess around with the flavors either! Will test out and went with the 75% 8 servings for now. Most appreciated!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Edorenel : 16th Sep 2017 at 4:44 PM.
Wow! That is quite lame. I'm sorry they refused twice for what certainly sounds like lame reasons. :/ Perhaps create your own free website and find a free place to upload/share your creations (like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). This is what I do (my own sim site is https://elegantcache.blogspot.com/. Just a suggestion, of course. You don't have to listen to me if you don't want to. Ha, ha! ^_^ At any rate, I noticed you updated this mod and have new options. I downloaded and I'll test your "QuickerCook&SlowerEatingwithMoreTalking8servings100cleanup" mod. I'll edit this post to let you know what I think about it and how it went in-game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:08 PM
Thank you! Wow!! You did NOT mess around with the flavors either! Will test out and went with the 75% 8 servings for now. Most appreciated!!

Glad you like it. It wasn't too bad making all the different one's. 98% was the same so only a couple of things had to be changed to make all of the different versions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 4:14 PM Last edited by uec397 : 9th Sep 2017 at 10:09 PM.
Wow! That is quite lame. I'm sorry they refused twice for what certainly sounds like lame reasons. :/ Perhaps create your own free website and find a free place to upload/share your creations (like Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.). This is what I do (my own sim site is https://elegantcache.blogspot.com/). Just a suggestion, of course. You don't have to listen to me if you don't want to. Ha, ha! ^_^ At any rate, I noticed you updated this mod and have new options. I downloaded and I'll test your "QuickerCook&SlowerEatingwithMoreTalking8servings100cleanup" mod. I'll edit this post to let you know what I think about it and how it went in-game.

Yeah, I don't really get what their problem is. Some of the complaints they had were just outright falsehoods. Like the 'you only have one version of this mod' when I uploaded 24 files with 24 completely different versions. Or that they claimed I didn't have information about what resources were changed or what the defaults were, when I had 8 tables with every single resource changed, and what the defaults were, and in the description about each part of the mod I gave the values of what everything was changed to. They came off a little elitist about it or maybe upset that one of them never thought of it in the many years this game has been out. Completely uncalled for if you ask me, and leaves a seriously sour taste in my mouth about this site and the people who run it.

I contacted them after the second time and explained to them where they were 100% wrong on every complaint they had, yet they are completely ignoring me.

PS:They also claimed that I did not give the original creator credit even though it was my own completely unique mod that no one on here has ever made.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:43 PM
RE: Quicker Cooking & Eating Override
Wow~ They sound terrible. :/ And terrible customer service! As I have mentioned to you in a private message (and I'll say again), create your own little website, whether that's on Blogspot, WordPress, or some other free website maker. Far less hassle and you don't have to deal with silliness like this. I am truly sorry you had to go through such an annoying and awful experience. :/ But I truly hope you're not discouraged! Don't be discouraged. And I hope this mod doesn't cease you from creating more wonderful mods. Your mods are incredible! You are a savior to the Sims community! Away with those that think otherwise. I laughed at the silliness of how your own created mod...is not yours but someone else's. Geez! Since when did credit for our personally created mods suddenly become someone else's? Truly tragic and embarrassing.

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 1:31 AM
Wow~ They sound terrible. :/ And terrible customer service! As I have mentioned to you in a private message (and I'll say again), create your own little website, whether that's on Blogspot, WordPress, or some other free website maker. Far less hassle and you don't have to deal with silliness like this. I am truly sorry you had to go through such an annoying and awful experience. :/ But I truly hope you're not discouraged! Don't be discouraged. And I hope this mod doesn't cease you from creating more wonderful mods. Your mods are incredible! You are a savior to the Sims community! Away with those that think otherwise. I laughed at the silliness of how your own created mod...is not yours but someone else's. Geez! Since when did credit for our personally created mods suddenly become someone else's? Truly tragic and embarrassing.

The biggest issue is that when I addressed all of their complaints directly with them, they have chosen to just ignore me. The write up they gave me after my second attempt to upload the mod seemed somewhat annoyed and slightly angry that I would dare to create a mod like that. Almost elitist. I'll see about getting them hosted somewhere first and then we'll see.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:06 AM
Would like to add that this is working with my game version of 1.67
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 5:21 PM
Thank you for making and sharing this! It's going to make my game a lot easier :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 8:27 PM
Thank you very much for your contribution
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 10:41 PM
You are welcome. Thanks for downloading.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 6:15 AM
Does this mod conflict with Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul + More Nectar Ingredients Mod by Cinderellimouse? Or WeeAlbet_DiningOverhaul?
Page 1 of 2