Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 11:51 PM
@Lamare May I suggest usin one of the deco bulletin boards as your click item? That way for those who (and I'm sure there are maybe 3 of them.. but still :D) who don't have the blender. A bulletin board is where you go for information an all :D
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
@Lamare May I suggest usin one of the deco bulletin boards as your click item? That way for those who (and I'm sure there are maybe 3 of them.. but still :D) who don't have the blender. A bulletin board is where you go for information an all :D

@Lamare
Indeed the bulletin board is a good idea. When I read it I thought of MogHughson's job board.
Adding just the option to view career information would be enough.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
just a girl
Original Poster
#28 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 4:08 PM
Thanks for the idea, guys.
I thought about it some more and it doesn't feel quite right to reupload someone else's objects... to the public, anyway. So I've made my own - a bulleting board and a diary. Bulletin board uses mesh and texture from the same maxis one. With diary, I went a bit further, it has its own mesh and textures. I'll probably upload these separately from global mods that support uni jobs. To have hacked object and globals in one place may be confusing, I guess.
just a girl
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:20 AM Last edited by Lamare : 20th Sep 2021 at 1:53 PM.
Default Testing work, marriage, moving

Ultimate Collection or all EPs required. Just in case. (When I split the files into separate mods, I'll check each ones requirements, they might be lower.)
Back up your good hoods, run HCDU for conflict check, try mods in a testing hood.

This is a lot of information. I don't know if I made it easy to read. Don't hesitate to ask.
You welcome to try these mods and suggest improvements.
I might slice these mods into smaller pieces by separating features like I did with maternity. Especially if there are conflicts.

YA marriage
http://simfileshare.net/download/332582/
1. Young adults can marry/join fellow students and older sims by social propose-marriage and wedding arch interaction. Prior engagement is required, of course.
2. Young adults can want and fear to get married or joined
3. Sims can throw wedding parties in college neighborhood (not only YAs)
Marriage is available on any lot except vacation secret lot and secret society (I don't know why those are banned, so decided to leave it like this, just to be safe).
Floral wedding arch with two rings on top (from Celebrations?) may not be affected. If it's the case for you, grab a file below.
Due to rules of moving in dorms and frats, there are some restrictions for their residents. Marriage or joining is available, if both sims are playable members of current household. If they're not:
- a sim can't move in by marriage in a frat unless is already a member
- a sim can't move in by marriage in a dorm at all
To prevent YAs in main 'hood from turning into adults upon lot load and aging at 6pm, get YA-stay-YA-in-main-hood (https://simfileshare.net/download/411057/).

Floral wedding arch BHAV
For some reason, floral wedding arch (the one with two rings) may not respond to changes made by file in Downloads folder. If this arch doesn't allow young adults to marry in your game, get this file: z_floral_arch_YA_OVERRIDES_lamare.package and put it in your Overrides folder in Program Files. Example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Overrides

The following is history now.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#30 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 4:44 PM
YA are already able to propose engagements without mods. Does yours add something different or perhaps I misunderstood. I just had a wedding between YA on my college campus using Marhis Wedding Arch; this is a mod that I've been using for a long time and Sunni at PBK updated the arch and other members created recolor's. It's not a floral arch (I've always wished someone would make a floral arch recolor) but it gets the job done (I most often use the white recolor unless it's a rustic wedding); plus it has so many other options available. Rebecca at Affinity Sims created a mod so that the in-game wedding arch allows Sims to renew their vows. I love this option for older Sims celebrating their golden anniversary - it's a nice touch and anniversary parties are assured to be a roof raiser.

My elders can get regular jobs because of Pescado's no age discrimination mod. Using Squinge's Mega College pack enables my YA's to continue to live at home and go to college without aging. If my YA Sim chooses to live on his/her own I use housing that I build in building college hood specifically for use in my main hood. YA will go to class autonomously without using the semester tester. It seems to me that sometimes we are reinventing the wheel when some of the work has already been done. I think of it as a foundation that can be built upon and improved. Please don't take offense to my comments, these are things that I think about as I'm learning about mods and behaviors. I've not created any mods, but I've learned how to modify a few for my own in-game use.

The "job options" but it conflicts with Pescado's "no age discrimination" mod as I figured that it would. This mod allows elders to get the same jobs as adults using the computer or newspaper; the area that shows conflict is the Debug get any job test. I figure with your mod the other is no longer needed.

The moving out extended mod shows a conflict with the "no 20K handout mod" which a lot of players use; the area of conflict shown is with the procedure "Move Out - Normal New." This may or may not be a real issue - the only way to find out is to test it. This mod is one those mods that I won't play without.

I didn't create a test-hood; I make regular backup's of my neighborhood and I can always restore my neighborhood before I added any new mods in case anything happens that I can't fix. However, I don't think I will add these two mods just yet. When I do, I'll let you know my results.
just a girl
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:59 PM Last edited by Lamare : 30th Jan 2018 at 8:32 AM.

@LilSister, thanks a lot for your thoughts! I take no offense, don't worry. Your opinion and knowledge often helps
- I understand that marriage might have been done before and there are some options around. I meant it for complementing the whole "young adults can" theme. Maybe you're right and no one needs another way for YAs to get married. I'll have to think this one over. Although, for my game, I'd rather globally allow them to marry and be able to use any wedding arch, not only that same custom arch everytime, or even not to use one at all. And I haven't seen mods that enable wants and fears about marriage for young adults (but I won't be surprised now, if there are -- I'm relatively new to Sims 2 mods).
- Another feature that seems to be overlapping is about "elders can get regular jobs because of Pescado's no age discrimination mod". I take it it doesn't allow adults and young adults to have part-time jobs? Anyway, the conflict is minor. I can easily get rid of "Debug get any job test" -- it's only a debug interaction that's available on shift-clicking on newspaper. Not essential.
- But other features you described are not a part of my mods, so I can't say that I'm reinventing them.
- On the "no 20K handout mod" -- I'll see how much code it adds to the "Move Out - Normal New". Maybe I can include it in my mod or something.
Thanks again for letting me know all these things, LilSister.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 8:23 PM
I agree with you - I wish there was a global mod that allowed YA and Teens to marry using the in-game arch or any arches cloned from it. Even more awesome would be a global mod that made the wedding arch unnecessary, although I have no idea how that would work. Your mod makes pescado's "no age discrimination" unnecessary since it accommodates elders as well as YA's and I love the feature that allows part-time jobs for adults. I was just sharing what I found from the HCDU - I run that before putting anything in my game. Please don't misunderstand me - I didn't mean to imply that you were reinventing anything - I apologize if that's what you thought - I was thinking about that in general.

I am hoping that the "no 20K handout" will play nicely with your mod even though a conflict was reported. I play a legacy hood and more often than not adult Sims moving out the home get more than 20K. Household funds in dorms or Greek House is divided among the Sims living within the household if and when they move out. I use Monique's computer to allow my YA Sims to have bank accounts so that money earned individually from jobs, painting, being a DJ, Bartender, etc. is not included in the household funds.
just a girl
Original Poster
#33 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Lamare : 15th Oct 2017 at 11:42 PM.
Well, I just thought I'd set the record straight as I tend to. More often than I should maybe... =) I agree about reinventing in general. And I can't thank you enough for your thoughtful reports!

In the meantime, I've made a new version of moving mod compatible with "no 20K handout". I loaded it after no 20K handout (important in this case) and it worked as intended in terms of money. More tests to be done.

But I couldn't stop at that I wanted to make an even better version that would allow to customize amount of money to be given to moving sims and render "no 20K handout" unnecessary.

I'll update the file later, after I fix the issue with incorrect funds on moving out of college.
just a girl
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:38 PM Last edited by Lamare : 28th Oct 2017 at 9:45 PM.
Default Moving mod
Would it be too awful if I used the resurrection payment dialog for allocating funds to moving sims?
It's the best, except it says that a sim is about to be resurrected and you better be generous OR ELSE (c)
Anyway, the choice is now possible:
- to give moving sims any amount of money from current family budget -- and that's what they end up with in hood bin, even if it's 50 simoleons
- to give nothing at all -- and then they receive 20000

Besides adding new feature, I disallowed moving out the whole family from lot in regular hood (by finding a place in paper). Testing showed there're more things to consider: home business, properly appraising lot value, etc. When we use hood tool to move the whole family, the game takes care of more things than in case of using paper/computer to move out. Moving out all sims from uni to main hood - I left possible.

Attaching new version by the working title zmoving-extended-cash.
To downloaders:
Please, remove moving-extended and/or YA-moveout-of-college before adding this mod.
Back-up and test in a throw-away hood.
Be sure to have AL or M&G

See updated file in the posts below.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Would it be too awful if I used the resurrection payment dialog for allocating funds to moving sims?
It's the best, except it says that a sim is about to be resurrected and you better be generous OR ELSE (c)
Anyway, the choice is now possible:
- to give moving sims any amount of money from current family budget -- and that's what they end up with in hood bin, even if it's 50 simoleons
- to give nothing at all -- and then they receive 20000

Besides adding new feature, I disallowed moving out the whole family from lot in regular hood (by finding a place in paper). Testing showed there're more things to consider: home business, properly appraising lot value, etc. When we use hood tool to move the whole family, the game takes care of more things than in case of using paper/computer to move out. Moving out all sims from uni to main hood - I left possible.

Attaching new version by the working title zmoving-extended-cash.

To downloaders:
Please, remove moving-extended and/or YA-moveout-of-college before adding this mod.
Back-up and test in a throw-away hood.
Be sure to have AL or M&G

If I understand well this doesn't work only for YA but for moving out in general?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Forum Resident
#36 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 2:29 AM
Not sure I fully understand, but it sounds like you are changing the whole move-out procedure. When moving a whole family, the game will already instruct you to use the function from neighborhood view. Move out from the paper is only when you are moving 1or more Sims/pets not the whole family. Is this going to be a global mod affecting the whole neighborhood? Is it possible to just have a YA move-out mod that moves the Uni Sims with all their funds that doesn't change the move-out procedure for the whole neighborhood? I think I'm a little confused, sorry. Looking forward to hearing the results from those who are testing.

One of my Sims is a retired Fashion Editor, she's been retired for quite a while and recently rolled a want to get a job in the education field. I figure this was the perfect time to use the "job options" mod. I like that the mod gives the Sim the option of choosing a full-time or part-time. She got a part-time job in education field as a substitute teacher. One of my favorite aspects of the game is that retired Sims are able to work and keep their pensions.
just a girl
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 8:48 AM
Yes, it's not only for young adults any more. I figured, if I'm gonna let people stay at uni, they need a way to move to main hood. Then I thought, maybe YAs living in main hood needed a way to move to uni, if they wanted to. This whole moving between hood bins is still a subject to testing. We'll see.

I think, I can make separate version for YAs only, for some players.

"Move Out Normal New" that was found both in my mod and in "No 20K handout" actually is normal move-out procedure. That's why mods conflict.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 10:03 PM
@Lamare
I tested this really quickly in an anygame and gave the moving out sim $1 (the minimum possible) and he's now in the bin.
He has $187 for savings.
Maybe that's the game minimum?

Edit:
Also HCDU couldn't find any conflicts with this mod and other CC in my downloadfolder.
And that's a lot (+13,000 CC items)

just a girl
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 10:46 PM
@lientebollemeis You probably gave him 1 percent, not 1 simoleon.

I was afraid, that resurrecting dialog would be confusing. Dammit.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 9:59 AM
@lientebollemeis You probably gave him 1 percent, not 1 simoleon.

I was afraid, that resurrecting dialog would be confusing. Dammit.

I don't mind if it's a percentage or an actual amount of money.
This still is a super great mod and definitely unmissable CC for me.
Maybe just mention it clearly when you upload it that it's a percentage.
I'm not going to delete this mod because of that.

You're doing great work. I hope to see more ideas from you!

just a girl
Original Poster
#41 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:03 PM
I mention it clearly right in game - notification pops up with instructions. But since you didn't notice it, it's not good enough and I need to come up with something better.

Anyway, stay tuned. In the next version I allow teens to take other teens and even pets, when they call a taxi to leave for college. So they can go in a group and don't lose their scholarships. Will post for testing as soon as I figure out how to make description for the percentage/simoleon choosing dialog more clear.
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
I mention it clearly right in game - notification pops up with instructions. But since you didn't notice it, it's not good enough and I need to come up with something better.

Anyway, stay tuned. In the next version I allow teens to take other teens and even pets, when they call a taxi to leave for college. So they can go in a group and don't lose their scholarships. Will post for testing as soon as I figure out how to make description for the percentage/simoleon choosing dialog more clear.

I checked again and indeed it says PERCENT in capital letters in the message on the right side. I actually just payed attention to the pop-up window that made me indicate what "cost" I wanted to give the sim moving out.
Isn't it possible to change the text in that window?

just a girl
Original Poster
#43 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:57 PM
Alas, I can't change it. Perhaps it's better to replace side-screen notification with blue message window in the middle of the screen. I don't like too many pop-ups, but can't think of anything else.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 2:07 PM
Alas, I can't change it. Perhaps it's better to replace side-screen notification with blue message window in the middle of the screen. I don't like too many pop-ups, but can't think of anything else.

Too many pop-ups are indeed annoying.
I prefer a message in the middle of the screen. I don't look closely to the pop-ups on the right (like you've noticed in my question).
But if you state it very clearly in the downloadthread, I don't think it's such a problem.

just a girl
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:18 PM Last edited by Lamare : 10th Dec 2017 at 10:49 PM.
Default New version of moving mod
Ok, let's try it new way. That's what this thread is for.

Attached file is a new version of moving mod.

Moving mod moved to its own thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5312848
I remove the files from here
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 3:18 PM
@Lamare
I haven't been able to test the moving out (my teens aren't old enough yet, but I think they'll be by new year).
But the choice between parttime and fulltime jobs works perfectly.

Mad Poster
#47 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 5:12 PM
Hi Lamare, I just found this thread from your profile and saw you were talking about YAs and marriage/wants/fears. I also use Marhis's/Inge's hacked wedding arch to marry YAs, and also sims who are already married to other people, and it's very easy to make a mod that allows YAs (and married people) to roll marriage wants and fears to go along with that arch - you just modify 0x102D and 0x110A in 0x7F739728. It conflicts with TwoJeffs' same sex marriage hack, but it's easy to make a compatible version if you just extract those resources from his hack instead of from objects.package. (There are actually multitudinous other small problems with using the arch to enable to polygamous sims, I've been trying to find and fix all the places where the game/ACR makes the implicit assumption that there is only one spouse, but this seems like a Herculean task to fix things that are not actually super noticeable in the first place.) Anyway, I think it would be a great idea to link to the arch from your upload as a way of getting YAs married and then adding a YA marriage wants hack, because you enabled baby wants for YAs, but in general sims do not roll baby wants unless they are married (or they are Family sims with very low aspiration). I thought about uploading my version, but I felt that would sort of step on your toes, and I wouldn't want to upload a hack that allowed for polygamous marriage wants without properly fixing the game for polygamy as well.
just a girl
Original Poster
#48 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 5:58 PM
I've made a mod that enables marriage and related wants and fears, it's in post #29 in this thread. It might need some more work and testing to make sure it handles all possible combinations of factors well. Although, I don't think it allows for multiple spouses. If you want to make such a mod, don't hesitate on my account.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 1:15 AM
Ahh, no worries, then. I just thought it was something that might go with the YA maternity stuff, and I obviously missed it for not checking this forum.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 8:03 AM
1. Yeah, after all, their at college so somehow they need to go to school.
2. For some user want to aport children so maybe.
3. Oh yeah, I would love to see them aged
Page 2 of 3