Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 1:41 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 9th Aug 2017 at 4:41 AM.
I honestly never witness this myself about apartment being glitchy. EA ones maybe. The only bug/glitch I've ever experienced is when I enable the cheat to control pets/roommates. From there..shEt usually follows.
You'd think I'd see bugs..I mostly play apartments.
SIMelissa, I hope you'll learn how to make them..they are fun. I never edited already EA-made apartments myself, but I built manyz.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:01 AM
I don't like the way Grimmie hangs around and makes himself at home if there is no living Sim left on the lot. Maxis probably thought it was funny, but I just found it creepy. It's only happened once though - I've never let an Elder live alone again.

In O4B, all the rude messages telling you how stupid you are when you're trying to figure out how it works. It wouldn't have taken any longer to pop up a help box instead. (Actually I dislike absolutely everything about O4B, but maybe that's because we got off to a bad start with the rude messages).
Forum Resident
#28 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:37 AM
Basements... They suck to build and aren't always easy to play when you want to zoom in on your sims.

And if you've built a house already and suddenly need a basement? *sighs*

So yeah. Basements.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
Oh, bless you! This will allow my Sims to double the apartments they'll be able to rent!
I am unable to modify apartments the way I could a house. I remember trying to add a wall once and the game wouldn't let me do it. I wouldn't have the first clue in how to build an entire apartment building that properly functions. One more thing on my newbie list of things to learn. I'll have to check out the tutorials. So many things to learn, so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn them. <---- I think this will be my new signature!

When you start building apartments, start small. If you just build a place with two or three apartments, it's easier to keep track of every-little-apartment requirement while you're getting the hang of it.

Things I dislike? None of them are deal breakers, but things that continue to bug me, off and on:
Not being able to use family funds from within a lot; having to go out to the neighborhood screen for that.

Not being able to adopt a skunk or a penguin. I want a pet penguin, damn it.

The cage birds. It just annoys me when sims let them out and they fly back and forth and back and forth in the same repetitive patterns. Least convincing animal in the game. They apparently can't land anywhere but inside the cage, either. And every sim eventually rolls a want to buy a dammed bird cage, when I don't like the birds. "No, you cannot have a bird cage. Here's an aquarium."

Hard to distinguish Servos on comm lots without pausing and hovering to get the name. Would it be possible to make Servo hats? Maybe a set of Servo makeup in the form of numbers displayed on their chest or back. Anything to help tell them apart.

Fortune sims. I know they're supposed to be obsessed with money, but come on! Roll a want to eat spaghetti or see snow or something. Fortune sims would seem less one dimensional if they got their heads out of their wallets just a tiny bit more often.

All the untouchable NPCs. It should have occurred to EAxis that people want to play with ALL the toys. I want the real Grim to be able to move in, order a pizza and sit on the couch in his underwear sharpening his scythe. I want to marry the real Mrs. Crumplebottom into a family, so she can be Grandma Crumplebottom, who loves all her grandchildren until they hit puberty and discover kissing.

Human Statue is non-interactable. I want my sims to be able to learn to be a Human Statue. After a thunderstorm or a blizzard, I want to invite the Human Statue down off his block and buy him a nice hot coffee.

Speaking of, you can buy coffee for someone, but you can't buy them a drink at the bar...? Wtf?

Object staircases that look very nice, but will cause traffic jams, whining and excess rerouting when used.

Children can't even pour themselves a bowl of cereal, which is still stupid after all these years.

Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
how strays always seem to know the exact moment to piss off and leave right before my sims can adopt them. Like my sim isnt good enough for you? fine keep your trashcan in an alley then.

I completely agree. I don't even try anymore, it's such a waste of time.

Grand Vampires that won't bite even after you have a high relationship and have even slept with them. Don Lothario has been Chatting and Red Handing and Woohooing this woman for weeks and he's still not a creature of the night.

That you can't put beds in inventory and have them unbugged and usable when you take them out.

No Tragic Clown. I still miss the Tragic Clown from Sims 1. That was a great way to torment sims. And the clown catchers. *sigh*
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 9:42 AM
Once I finish in all the sims' goals that reside in the apartments in my current hood, I'm gonna move them the fuck out of there. Apartments are really disappoint by what EA provided neighbors barge into your house, keep making noises, picking fights... despite of what they're relationship status is. Thank you for remindinv these pet peevea, as I couldn't pinpoint why I hate them. Though, these lots are still somehow better as to what TS3&4 provided.

Too common birthwatching is annoying too.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:01 AM
I hate apartments for several simple reasons-the fact that you have to play it as a separate entity, and cannot under any circumstances click on the apartment right next door to go to that lot. You must go out to the neighborhood screen and go back into that apartment to actually play it.

That and the fact when you do rent an apartment everything but very limited interior design is allowed on the lot. You cannot change anything outside of it for any reason.

They're also far more prone to corruption than an ordinary houselot.

I never bother with them because of those reasons. Waste of time for me.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:04 PM
There's lack of interaction and details to the sims living in apartments while they're are unplayed.
- Instead of carpool, they walk to work.
- they don't drive away when they own a vehicle (probably same with helicopter).
- visitors don't come visit them, other than when you visit them.
Alchemist
#33 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:21 PM
That you can't shoot sims who knock over your garbage can
Mad Poster
#34 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 12:24 PM
It is not the glitches or the things that can be fixed by mods that make me dislike apartments; I just don't like the way they work, and I really prefer playing houses, so I do.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:37 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 9th Aug 2017 at 4:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
That and the fact when you do rent an apartment everything but very limited interior design is allowed on the lot. You cannot change anything outside of it for any reason.

I don't know about your landlord, but I'm not allowed to decorate outside my apartment either.

I love playing apartments. Probably half my sims live in them. For many of them, it's all they can afford. I also like my downtown to have apartments buildings instead of sprawling suburban homes. I build a lot of them myself, or adapt the semi-decent EAxis ones. Most of the lot bin apartments are unnecessarily huge lots or poorly designed units.

The noise through the walls doesn't bother me. I have a few apartment lots that are like trailers, so no shared walls. In others, I have only one apartment per floor, or I limit the bedrooms along shared walls. And if there is a shared wall in a bedroom, I just make sure there's furniture in front of the wall and I never get noise.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 4:17 PM
All my unfixable dislikes about Sims 2 like lot imposters, low-resolution nhood terrain textures and proper friend visiting would be solved via an engine reimplementation.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 7:13 PM
There is something that I always liked about apartments . . .
In my last game, when I ended up with too many Sims that I did not like, I'd make them all roommates in an apartment. When I filled one apartment to capacity of 8, I'd start moving them into another apartment. This was my way of using Sims I did not want to play as quasi Townies.

Of course, this was BEFORE I learned how to create Townies and have more than 8 people in a household. My game has changed a great deal since joining MTS and reading all your wonderfully helpful posts!

Off to read about lot imposters -- a term that I only discovered in this thread.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#38 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
The Eternal Flaming Breadfruit Tree: (But i believe that was fixed by someone)

Cyjon has a fix for the Breadfruit Tree here: http://cyjon.net/node/422

The things I dislike:

Romance and Popularity Sims

Toddlers

How utterly useless parents are at properly taking care of a baby

How Sims want panels get clogged with pet wants if I have the Pets EP installed

Some of the Family Sim LTWs (Marry Off 6 Children for example)
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
How easily the neighbourhoods corrupt. Three simple changes: Implement nounlinkondelete into the game itself, remove the delete button from the family bin, and not allow players to move occupied lots into the bin. 95% of potential hood corruptions solved right there, I'd wager.

@Scathed: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=223283

I can't bebive that happen to me and I not sure how. It ethier i have too many mods or something. I did not marry a NPC I don't think....
Test Subject
#40 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 8:53 AM
You can't visit people house. You kind of can at the apartment but come on I want to play as my sim and visit people houses. At least that feature was introduce in The Sims 3.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 10:20 AM
The feature in Sims 3 where, if you send a Sim to visit another family, none of them is home? Even if you checked and saw that they are home before sending your Sims over? Sure worked like a charm in my Sims 3 game.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 12:51 PM
if you thought Mrs Crumplebottom was bad...get a load of the evil witch that ruins a good garden wedding/park date with thunderstorms and cockroaches!
I knew there's a mod to get rid of her somewhere here in MTS but Ihaven't got around to finding it...

as for the issue on apartments...I barely notice the flaws.
sure its annoying when they all get cramped in the hallway, but living in one on my own away from my....family is always good. I mean if I can't do it, might as well let my sims have a go at it and pretend I have a good healthy life.
Mad Poster
#43 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:09 PM
Cockroaches give my strays something to do on community lots lol.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:23 PM
Cats hunt roaches - mod by Charity
Scholar
#45 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

You can smite them with the batbox, though. So far, I've only actually killed a drama professor, so I don't know if it's possible to kill playables that way, but it's still pretty satisfying to see them run away in their blackened rags.
Scholar
#46 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:00 PM
I was thinking of making an apartment building with Simlogical's keys instead of a regular apartment building. That way you can play all the sims in all the apartments at the same time! Has anyone given this a shot yet, or am I the only one insane enough to consider this?

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#47 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 3:56 PM
Simlogical keys are what we used before the appartment pack came out. If I remember right, only problem is that you end up with shared household funds unless you have a mod like the tip jar/monique's computer to separate money into separate accounts.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

You can download a gun from the SimWardrobe site and shoot that way through.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 6:28 PM
That uncontrolled sims never clean after themselves on community lot. Even these 10-neat-pointers. But they complain a lot. My sim is not your slave!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#50 Old 10th Aug 2017 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
You can smite them with the batbox, though. So far, I've only actually killed a drama professor, so I don't know if it's possible to kill playables that way, but it's still pretty satisfying to see them run away in their blackened rags.

Fittingly enough for killing a sim, lel.

I think I got past the frustation over apartments. Still don't like 'em.

I gave up on employing sims for doing sales. You know how badly that goes. Once they fail convincing a sim, she/he KEEPS to convince them.
Page 2 of 4