Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More sensible badge gain

by gummilutt Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 2:13 AM - Updated 7th Aug 2017 at 1:36 AM by gummilutt : Typo

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 2:44 AM
I downloaded the Inverted Version. It makes perfect sense! Thank you for this
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:38 AM
Wow I never even realized it took so much for cosmetology. I never had a sim get a badge in this one, I have tried but none really excelled and now I know why.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 12:52 PM
YOU ARE WONDERFUL!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 3:08 PM
Thank youuuu ♥
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:48 PM
The Prima Guide (I was randomly reading it last night) says these badge gain speeds are based on the level of corresponding skills. Did you not find this to be true, and/or does your mod affect that?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:03 PM
Just curious if this is just for cosmetology or if it changes all of the hobbies?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
The Prima Guide (I was randomly reading it last night) says these badge gain speeds are based on the level of corresponding skills. Did you not find this to be true, and/or does your mod affect that?

Prima Guide contains more lies than facts It may be true for some badges, I haven't looked at all of them so I don't know. But for cosmetology skills have no impact. The only thing that affects gain rate it is badge level, in both original coding and mine, as listed in the upload post

Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
Just curious if this is just for cosmetology or if it changes all of the hobbies?

No other badges are affected, only cosmetology badge

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 9:21 PM
Awesome, thank you! I have a Sim who has a home cosmetology business and this will really help. (I love the inverted idea, makes sense to me!)

@Phaenoh - I have noticed that my Sim seems to gain more points with higher Cleaning skill for Cosmetology, so there may be *some* truth to it... Mind you, I have not done any extensive testing or anything.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:17 PM
This is great! Thankyou.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:11 AM
@gummilutt This is great one question please will this "conflict" with this mod here ?http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=353100
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 1:33 AM
@Simonut No, it doesn't conflict with that mod Thank you for asking, I will add it to the description.

Goldenbtrfly, I assure you cleaning skill does not help I have both gone over code thoroughly, and tested it in game. A 0 cleaning skill Sim with no badge gets 30 points per makeover, and a 10 cleaning skill Sim with no badge gets 30 points per makeover. I suggest anyone who wants to be sure try it themselves, you can use Monique's computer's study badge function to see how many points they get. I am the first to advocate that one should not take a modders word for absolute truth, so be my guest!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 4:51 AM
@gummilutt Thanks for your reply back, that good to know.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 3:12 PM
Thanks gummilutt! Esmeralda Garvie in Baldrair Bluffs and Miriam Hunter in Buewater (now a suburb of Veronaville) should be pleased: this should help them to get their home salons open for business faster. I've gone for the Maxis Match version, so they cam get their bronze badges and start charging customers sooner. I think they both need the money.

I don't know what they'll say when I tell them they've been wasting their time studying cleaning; I fear Miriam might make her children clean the house in future!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 7:38 PM
Gummilutt, thanks for the additional info on the cleaning skill. It's funny, because my Sim actually IS using Monique's computer to study both cosmetology and cleaning. I should have known the Wikis and Prima Guides would be wrong. Eh, it's OK, as I still feel in order to be good at cosmetology she should be neat (cleaning) and creative! It's just nice to know it's not absolutely needed.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 11:44 PM
Fantastic, must-have mod! I went with the Maxis-match because I want my Sims out of the No Badge level ASAP. Besides, I was thinking that when a cosmetology student is learning, he/she learns a ton of stuff in those first two years. Then, after they are out in the working world, that is where they learn to fine-tune their skills, taking them from Hairdresser to Hairdresser of the Stars!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 2:56 PM
YES YES SO MUCH YES THANK YOU
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Aug 2017 at 3:27 AM
Thanks for this fix.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 12:30 PM
My new hood doesn't have a hairdresser yet but I'm sure that mod will be handy.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:06 PM
Finally! Thank you so much!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 10:31 PM
I think I like the Inverted best as the Logic makes more sense
Mad Poster
#22 Old 19th May 2018 at 12:25 AM
Gummi, Esmeralda Garvie in Baldrair Bluffs would specially like to thank you for your help in getting her Gold Cosmetology Badge, which she was awarded today.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Jan 2024 at 9:54 PM
Thank you for adding instructions in how to change the mod! I'm learning about modding in sims 2 and folks like you are such an incredible help! :D