Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Flamingo of Dance

by Sophie-David Posted 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:02 PM - Updated 9th Dec 2018 at 3:20 PM by Sophie-David : Routing Improvement

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:06 PM
What a great idea! Thanks!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 11:14 PM
This is brilliant and I thank you ever so much for it. I was wanting something like this to have dance classes for the special vacation dances. (BONUS: Flamingo colors... YES!)
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 11:36 PM
As always your work is the "Best" and you always bring something different to the Sims 2 game.
Question please I do not have FT ( I removed I had problem with FT) I have all EPs leading up to Seasons as my last installed.
Will this work or not for me?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:36 AM
I truly needed this.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 2:12 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement.
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
As always your work is the "Best" and you always bring something different to the Sims 2 game.
Question please I do not have FT ( I removed I had problem with FT) I have all EPs leading up to Seasons as my last installed.
Will this work or not for me?
Yes, it will work just fine, except that the Bon Voyage Hula and Slap Dances will not be available, and FreeTime Enthusiasms will also not be available. The instructor will teach Rave dance only, and Sims will earn generic Dance Skill points. The Flamingo will still work nicely as a college accredited elective in University and for home schooling or extra credits in the case of grade school students. In fact, the project should be Basegame compatible, although I was not able to test this because my AnyGame installation is not working.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:09 PM
This is great! Thank you
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:54 PM
This is excellent; and will suit my game perfectly Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 5:02 PM
Now I can actually have a working dance studio! Time to have some fun! (And I guess I should get cracking at actually MAKING a larger dance studio. Right now, I think I have one small room.) Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 6:56 PM
Always love your projects Sophie-David !!!
Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:38 PM
Thank you for the encouragement, XiaXiang, Justpetro, gazania and LadySilverwolf!
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
Obscure Bugfix: July 24th, 2017

For users who have Bon Voyage but not FreeTime or any later EP, this release fixes a jump bug that would occur when the instructor tries to express an Enthusiasm, which is not supported for those who do not an EP any newer than Bon Voyage.
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:35 PM
@Sophie-David Thanks for your reply.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 9:38 PM Last edited by gazania : 31st Jul 2017 at 5:50 PM.
Whenever you release something, I smile broadly because it takes the game in new and different directions. I'm so glad you put these creations on MTS! My colleges would probably be so much duller without your CC. Your creations have given me so many new ideas for community lots.

Three things for those using the mod to note:

1. Once you start a song, you can't stop it in mid-song. Fortunately, you can disable music during pauses. I found I can disable it during the lecture part.

2. In my case, when salsa music kept playing during the slap-dance in my main hood, I thought that was a bug ... until I realized there is no slap-dancing song. My Sims slap-danced perfectly fine to a salsa beat. I suppose that's a case of reading your instructions ...

3. You might want to watch motive bars while Sims are taking lessons. It seems that at least one or two kind of forget to eat while vigorously trying to slap-dance.

I had posted a longer post originally, thinking these were bugs, but really, they aren't. Thank you again.
Screenshots

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 3:22 AM
Thank you for the usage report, gazania, I appreciate it.

The game doesn't really have a Slap Dance or a full Hula music track. However I included the World music option for the Slap Dance sessions and Surf for the Hula. Of course, either of these music tracks can be customized if you not like the defaults. And as you say, Salsa will work just fine for either Hula or Slap Dance.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 6:23 PM
UPDATE August 4th, 2017

This update makes several improvements to student routing. For example, if a session is in progress seated around a table and there is a shortage of seating, Sims will stand rather than sitting on the floor.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th Aug 2017 at 9:28 PM
What a great idea! I rarely have my sims travel -- I don't enjoy the time it takes for them to take a vacation. But I'm happy to have them learn these dances and other cultural bits.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#18 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 5:15 AM
Thank you for the encouragement.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 4:35 AM
I never heard of the Hula or Slap Dancing skill before and thanks for making this.
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prince Avalanche
I never heard of the Hula or Slap Dancing skill before and thanks for making this.
They are dances learned from the locals at the Bon Voyage Tropical and Mountain neighbourhoods respectively.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:04 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 9:15 PM
Thanks for this (among many other) game-enriching item!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:40 PM
Thank you Debby and HighSpeedRace.
Undead Molten Llama
#24 Old 7th May 2018 at 9:38 AM
I'm currently working on overhauling how I play hobbies in my game, and I just installed this for use at the dance studio I built, and I love it! Thank you for making this! (And the other "Opportunity" mods, as well; some of them dovetail nicely with this little project of mine. )

One small thing, though: Would it be possible to have teachers/students in workout clothes rather than formal? Most of my dance hobbyists have dancewear set as their workout outfit, and it'd be great if folks at the dance studio wandered around in their dancewear instead of gowns and suits/tuxes and whatnot. If this is something easily changed in SimPE or whatever, if you give me a clue what to look at, I can maybe change it myself.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 20th May 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I'm currently working on overhauling how I play hobbies in my game, and I just installed this for use at the dance studio I built, and I love it! Thank you for making this! (And the other "Opportunity" mods, as well; some of them dovetail nicely with this little project of mine. )

One small thing, though: Would it be possible to have teachers/students in workout clothes rather than formal? Most of my dance hobbyists have dancewear set as their workout outfit, and it'd be great if folks at the dance studio wandered around in their dancewear instead of gowns and suits/tuxes and whatnot. If this is something easily changed in SimPE or whatever, if you give me a clue what to look at, I can maybe change it myself.
Glad to hear the project is useful for you, iCad. Your request about using workout clothes makes sense to me as an option. Adding a menu option for workout clothes would be inconvenient because in Community lots the user would have to set that option at the beginning of each visit, which would be quite tedious. So I think it would be better to have a new version with a separate GUID to allow for maximum flexibility. Give me a bit of time and I will get this done.
Page 1 of 2