Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:43 AM
here's a link http://imgur.com/

You dont need an account but its useful because you can see the last 500 images you uploaded

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
here's a link http://imgur.com/

You dont need an account but its useful because you can see the last 500 images you uploaded

Nice Thank you

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#53 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:54 PM
It was giving me fits this morning, but improved later, my guess is people are stampeding over there to remove their photos making the site crawl. It's going to be interesting to see the aftermath of this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It was giving me fits this morning, but improved later, my guess is people are stampeding over there to remove their photos making the site crawl. It's going to be interesting to see the aftermath of this.

That's what I would think if it was new. I've had this issue for awhile now, it just doesn't want to load and I don't know why when everything else works just fine.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#55 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 10:56 PM
OK. I'm currently using imgur, I'll use that io site as well, and I renewed my cheap-a-rooni website.

I'm about as good as I'm going to be.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#56 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 11:23 PM
(Yes I did read the first post). I'm using flikr myself (flikr.com) and I think it works great. On the computer anyway.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#57 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
That's what I would think if it was new. I've had this issue for awhile now, it just doesn't want to load and I don't know why when everything else works just fine.

Yes it's known for that, but this is making it even worse.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#58 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:19 AM
Thankfully, I don't have too many pics over there, so it didn't take me that long to download them.

Not so thankfully, I used photobucket for several years (pre-2010-ish, I think), and have to replace all story pictures for 2 stories, 1/3 of chapter pictures for the 3rd, and whatever whatnots I've got posted on various forums, including previews for downloads. It's going to take me ages...
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:19 AM
Well, I came across one of the victims, dammit. http://sims2-objectdefaults.dreamwidth.org/
Theorist
#60 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:29 AM
^That really sucks! I use the object database all the time as a quick reference for what item came with what EP or SP.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
#61 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:33 AM
Man, I've been using photobucket since 2004 and now I'll have to remember my password so I can save the stuff there > It was pretty much a chronicle of my teen years on the internet because I used it for EVERYTHING and now I'll have to relieve some dark stuff and admit that my hair in 10th grade was NOT what it could have been lmao. Seriously though, this really sucks but they've been money hungry for the longest time. I remember when they pushed prints on its users but things were still free, but now it's really screwed itself with how quickly everyone with even a little sense will leave it behind.

My simblr
In the name of the Moon, i will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means YOU! ❤️
Mad Poster
#62 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 2:39 AM
I would support a site-wide ban of photobucket images on MTS (not retroactively, though). If they're going to do this, there's no reason to support them.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#63 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:42 AM
I've already moved on. As soon as my cheap-a-rooni site gets off the free service, for now, I'll try Imgur and that other service for pictures most of the time and use the website for storing them in case. As soon as it's ready, I might try posting a picture from the site here to see if it comes out, using other machines to ascertain that I can see something.

Mad Poster
#64 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:51 AM
Clearing cache works too. Shift+F5, I think it is.

Inventor
#65 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:48 AM
I would support a site-wide ban of photobucket images on MTS (not retroactively, though). If they're going to do this, there's no reason to support them.

Why ban the images? That would just punish anyone who chooses to pay photobucket for the service. I guarantee it wouldn't make a whit of difference to photobucket and simply tick off the person trying to post images. Removing the auto-link that comes up whenever their name is posted would be more warranted, since they're no longer suitable for free 3rd party usage.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
^That really sucks! I use the object database all the time as a quick reference for what item came with what EP or SP.

To make things worse, the admins seem to have problems updating lately ... probably real life. There must be dozens and dozens of pics affected! Egads!

I'm afraid to see what is on other sites. Heck, I'm afraid to see my previous Photo-bucket pictures on THIS site. I'd rather not shove everything over to Imgur, and rather not overload MTS ... maybe parcel pictures out between two or three options.

Mad Poster
#67 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 12:24 PM
I do find the now defunct photobucket links useable. If you click the "edit" button on your own posts, you can see the name of the pictures, so they're easier to find once downloaded from Photobucket. Much easier to reupload and change them when you know which picture is which (but even more useable if the new picture host also keeps the name).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 1:55 PM

Your required screenshots have to be uploaded to this site anyway. It's the extra screenshots that can be off-site but there's really no need to do that since you can have lots of pictures on downloads/uploads here now. Actually, I will start recommending people don't upload to external sites (not many do nowadays anyway) though I don't see the need for a ban. I'm sure they're talking about it in the staff room too since Jo seems so PO about it (can't blame her)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#69 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:49 PM
I don't think a ban would be the solution. Some people might even go for the Potobucket subscription (however strange it might seem).

As for not uploading to external sites - sure, it would probably work on MTS, but keep in mind that people don't just upload here, and if you're going to post screenshots to 3 different places, having to upload them to 3 different places is a bit annoying.
Mad Poster
#70 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:00 PM
Well, if people do upload to external sites, they need to be vigilant about changes to their web or photo service or file-sharing service (for instance, Megaupload) for as long as they can. This is no guarantee the pictures and files will stay either, but always have an alternate file-share source as well as links to the pictures on another service. Many creators do that already, and that is a smart idea. (I don't take credit for it.) I'm almost wondering if you should have three of each, the way the Internet goes! That way, if for some reason you no longer update your site or links, at least your stuff might be around a little longer.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:04 PM
$399 a year!? It almost makes TSR look like a bunch of generous philanthropists!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:49 PM
There's never a guarantee that any site will stay up or stay safe or free nowadays, so I don't trust any of the cloud or upoloading services unless I've got a "hard copy" on a computer or harddrive.

I'm the kind of person who don't delete anything, and preferably have at the very least least one backup of every file on some other medium than a computer or cloud service, so I usually manage to relocate whatever it is, as long as it's recent enough (in my case, post-2009. Before that, I either lost or can't access several files because of sloppy backup plans with my old laptop, and I ain't doing that again...)

I sort of could have understood it if they charged somewhere between $1-$99/year, but for $399 it's probably much cheaper to host your own service...
Instructor
#73 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I sort of could have understood it if they charged somewhere between $1-$99/year, but for $399 it's probably much cheaper to host your own service...

I can get almost 5 years of unlimited hosting from my ISP for that

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Mad Poster
#74 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Why ban the images? That would just punish anyone who chooses to pay photobucket for the service. I guarantee it wouldn't make a whit of difference to photobucket and simply tick off the person trying to post images. Removing the auto-link that comes up whenever their name is posted would be more warranted, since they're no longer suitable for free 3rd party usage.

Yeah, fair enough. I haven't been entirely lucid the last couple of days and I actually don't recall making that post.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#75 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:28 PM
GOS is looking the same, pages of PB clocks claiming 3rd part hosting, what a mess. And no there won't be a ban on PB images, you can't tell people what hosting site to use on regular threads. If people want to pay $400 is up to them. Uploaded required pictures are a different matter altogether.

~Call me Jo~
Page 3 of 10