Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:28 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How to bypass default skins when playing with unusual ones?
Recently, I found a skin set that would work wonderfully with my idea for a colourful legacy. They were custom, but I managed to geneticize them. Everything was fine and I was excited to start! But just to make sure that everything was working properly, I rolled the pacifier in CAS. The first Sim to spawn was a default S2 Sim while parents were blue and pink. I completely forgot about the defaults and no matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of the defaults mingling in with my unusually-coloured Sims. I tried to learn how to default my own skins, but it confused me and left me discouraged. I really want my rainbow Sims, but the default skins are ruining that for me... What do I do?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:40 PM
Default skins you simply remove. They replace the Maxis skins.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Default skins you simply remove. They replace the Maxis skins.

The thing is, I don't have any default replacements. They ARE the Maxis skins. Maybe I'll just try to replace the Maxis skins with the colourful ones again...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th May 2017 at 1:01 AM
You need to pick out four skins you want as defaults to start with. There is an easy method of creating defaults which is that you use an existing (working) default from somewhere and just replace the textures in SimPE with your preferred skin textures (which you can extract either with SimPE or Bodyshop). I can give you more details if you like (or maybe find the tutorial that describes this). Be warned though replacing complete skin textures for a skintones is a lot of textures because there are images for heads, scalps and bodies for all ages (baby, toddler, child, teen, adult, elder), both genders and the three body states (fat, thin, fit). It's a bit of a fiddle to do manually but it's an easier option if you're not good with SimPE than creating a default skintone from scratch.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc