Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:10 PM
Default Maxis houses remodeled
I love .. err well maybe not love, maybe more of like :p

So more often than not when I start Pleastantview I always tend to remodel all the homes. Sometimes I'll remodel with the sims on the lot and others I'll move them to the bin while I do the remodel.

Then with Jo's foundation challenge it made me think of how it would be sorta interstin to see how other people did/ would redo the homes too. know I saw a pic thread showin some remodels, but I was wonderin if maybe peeps might be interested in formin up a group. In that way we could do similar to a contest in that everyone does the same house and follows some of the same basic guidelines, such as no deleting any exisitin exterior walls ... or such, but no judges or scores. Just showin off all the different looks we all came up with on the same house.

Is there anyone else that is weird as me and finds that this sounds interesting? .. It was just an idea that's been sorta floatin around in my head these past few days...
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:36 PM
I like editing Maxis lots! The problem is, it sometimes happens that I scrap the whole thing because it’s incongruent with my idea and build something new from scratch (like Curious’ house)

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:42 PM
... I know me too, I'm like well just 1 tile wider won't make that big a difference. Then when I'm done I've one tiled a few times so that it is no longer even resembles the same footprint as the original.

BUT ... that is why I thought that this might be neat. To have everyone have the exact same footprint and see all the different ways it could look. So no foundation or exterior walls could be added or removed so that the footprint was always the same. The interior of the house can and usually needs to be gutted and redone.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:36 PM
Sounds interesting
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th May 2017 at 10:44 PM
I'd be interested too
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:45 AM
I recall similar threads in the past.

in past times playing, I did the following steps pretty much on all occupied lots.
1. put a fence around the build-able area.
2. place a gate near the mailbox/trashcan.
3. fence a path from gate to some front door.
4. place at least 1 door on either side of that path.

this time playing, might add driveways/garages to lots that have space for them.
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:21 AM
Ok, well if there IS interest then I'll go ahead and make a group and anyone who wants to can come join, well and I suppose the lurkers can come too :P

To the lurkers ... don't be shy, come outta the shadows and join the conversations on goin on in the various threads. in I promise we don't bite (hard :D).
Scholar
#8 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:44 AM
Oh yes!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th May 2017 at 11:56 AM
That might be nice as a new picture thread rather than a group where the lots can only be seen by members.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:17 PM
I agree with maxon. You could however could create a social group of those who are willing to remodel houses on professional level and from there, collect those lots, and provide a corresponding remaster neighborhood of the Maxis given.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th May 2017 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Ok, well if there IS interest then I'll go ahead and make a group and anyone who wants to can come join, well and I suppose the lurkers can come too :P

To the lurkers ... don't be shy, come outta the shadows and join the conversations on goin on in the various threads. in I promise we don't bite (hard :D).

I would love to see what everyone comes up with. I'm a box builder, myself, but I would love to see.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th May 2017 at 6:19 PM
I would love to join and try if beginners are welcome! I have been trying to improve my skills bit by bit.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:22 PM
A picture thread or a contest would be fun.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd May 2017 at 6:26 PM
So is it a deal? My own note: the Scepter house (that's not the right name; the one by itself in Strangetown where the old woman had Nervous via the Reaper) I keep on the same "foot print" but make it 2 story, and actually gothic). Curious house, and the one Nervous lives in, are totally stupid (Maxis idea of funny?)
Waiting to find the picture thread of this..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd May 2017 at 9:22 PM
Ooh, I'll join in with this thing. I am a beginner AND a lurker, but this should be interesting .
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd May 2017 at 11:29 PM
I have been a bit busy .. I'll try and get a group page set up later today/ tonight
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 23rd May 2017 at 1:30 AM
Am interested but can't access my game for about a week. Let us know when you've got the group up and running.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd May 2017 at 7:17 AM Last edited by CaliBrat : 23rd May 2017 at 10:15 AM.
Ok, so I made the group. I didn't make it private so that anyone and everyone could join and/ or look.

Edit to add link

I think this should work .. :D
Scholar
#19 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:01 AM
Could you link it?

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Forum Resident
#20 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:20 AM
I'll happily join in, though my building skills are really not great...

I tend to rebuild the Maxis lots a bit at a time (though the Curious house was rebuilt almost immediately). I need some more space here, or a new bedroom for the new child there, so I extend this bit, and then I need something else so extend again... after a while it doesn't look a lot like the original.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd May 2017 at 9:29 AM
@KittyCarey

This is NOT a contest. There is no judging. It is about how you remodeled any one of the Maxis houses to make them look or work better without taking away or adding to the pre-exisiting exterior walls, foundation, or decking.

I have my pics to post, but they're still in bmp format. I'm currently experiencin technical difficulties as my PSP keeps crashin on me so I'm not able to convert bmps to jpgs. This is really frustrain me to no end
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:44 AM
I would probably need to download original maxis houses as I think I've changed most of the ones I used. Will have a look when I get the chance.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd May 2017 at 10:47 AM
I have Jawusa's empty Pleasantview ... all the lots, just no Sims :D
Mad Poster
#24 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:09 AM
Calibrat, Windows Paint, which comes free with all modern versions of Windows, can convert BMP files to JPEG. In Windows 7 it comes under All Programs / Accessories. It's even possible to download the newest version from Microsoft if for some reason you don't have it on your PC.

I do remodel Maxis houses, especially lot bin houses, but usually just for the practical reason that my Sims need somewhere to live, and I don't want the hassle of building from scratch. As the idea is to suit the needs of my Sims, and stop it looking like out-of-the-box Maxis, I often do alter walls and foundations, so they don't really meet the criteria for your group. So since they don't really belong on the group, I'll post a couple of pictures here:

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd May 2017 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I would probably need to download original maxis houses as I think I've changed most of the ones I used. Will have a look when I get the chance.

There should be copies of them in your lot bin

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Page 1 of 2