Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2017 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Catwoman44 : 13th May 2017 at 9:09 AM.
Default Cat's Little Big Neighborhood: Sunset Valley
Hello, fellow members of this awesome group!

WARNING: I like to take pictures and will include many of them in my posts (although they suck...I've never been really good at taking pictures...).

I'm Catwoman44 (feel free to call me Cat ) and in this thread, I wanna show you my oldest neighborhood, Sunset Valley.
Sunset Valley was created by me and my father in early 2005, when he bought the game as a present for me.
Over the past few years it has not only changed a lot, but grown into a dynamic city which attracts many young Sims from near and far alike.

There are many different places to go, like shopping centers, parks, clubs, restaurants and so on, most of them are located in the center of the city.
Around those amenities, you can find apartments and pretty expensive single-family houses.
In the outskirts of Sunset Valley, life is much more quiet than in the city core, aside from houses, the only notable other thing there are parks waiting for nature-friendly Sims to come and enjoy the beautiful meadows.

Here comes an overview of my little big neighborhood:

One lot I'm particularly proud of is the Sunset Valley Cemetery.
Technically, there are two of them, because I didn't have anymore space for graves on the first lot, but I consider them as one cemetery, since the two lots are right next to each other.

I go and make a beautiful grave for every Sim that dies, which sometimes is a lot of work to do.

I have no rotation cycle in particular, I just play any household when I feel like playing it.

Information on the residents of Sunset Valley will come with the next post. :D

~ Cat <3 ~

Warning: No coffee inserted - User halted.
A backup a day keeps the virus away!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2017 at 11:13 AM
Default Meet Mathi, Samu and Nea! [WARNING: This is going to be a long post...]

These three Sims are probably the most infamous ones around the neighborhood, mostly because of their craziness, if not insanity.
Created in late 2016, they have caused more kitchen fires in six months than me in my whole life, but also enriched the lives of the other residents of Sunset Valley through their music, but we'll come to that shortly...

The first Sim of this chaotic group to be introduced is...

Samu

Samu identifies himself as "Sim-Troll", that means that he is a "normal" Sim, but he would love to be a troll instead, so he has glued troll-ears on his regular ones, so he at least looks like one.

Life stage: Adult (25 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Music
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 4 points
Shy/Outgoing - 5 points
Lazy/Active - 6 points
Serious/Playful - 6 points
Grouchy/Nice - 4 points

He is a professional guitarist, a job he puts very much love and passion into.
Together with Mathi, he wants to become a famous rockstar and is on a good way to achieve that.

But every talent comes with a price, so of course there have to be things Samu isn't good at.
For example, he is a horrendous cook. If he tries to cook something, you can bet the kitchen will burn down.

Samu also has his insane episodes, I think even Mathi can't cope with them sometimes...

...Next Sim, please!

Mathi

Like Samu, Mathi feels like a "Sim-Troll", so he wears troll-ears too, although he lied to Samu about gluing them on - he actually didn't go that far.

Life stage: Adult (22 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Music
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 5 points
Shy/Outgoing - 0 points
Lazy/Active - 7 points
Serious/Playful - 6 points
Grouchy/Nice - 7 points

Mathi is the singer of the band he and Samu are in, he takes his job very serious and even uses his days off to train his singing.

Off the job, they are very close, even for best friends. They do pretty much everything together and wouldn't be able to live without each other...

...Which doesn't mean they can't get into arguments sometimes...

Now, on to the last Sim for this post!

Nea

When Nea came to Sunset Valley, she simply didn't have enough money to get an apartment, let alone an own house, so she didn't have any other choice but to share a house with Mathi and Samu.
She often complains that she wouldn't have moved to the neighborhood if she knew that she had to live with Mathi and Samu, but the trolls don't take that too seriously.

Life stage: Adult (27 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Unemployed
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 4 points
Shy/Outgoing - 4 points
Lazy/Active - 4 points
Serious/Playful - 7 points
Grouchy/Nice - 6 points

She is currently unemployed, but willing to do anything she can to get a job in a restaurant, since - unlike Samu and Mathi - she actually loves cooking and also is very good at it.

Her favourite activities besides cooking are dancing and partying at different clubs in Downtown, although she is happy with going anywhere as long as it doesn't involve her two housemates.

She also keeps a personal diary into which she writes every evening, mostly about her housemates and how much she is annoyed by them.
Samu stole it several times from her, but she always reclaimed it before he could read it.

Alright, so this is one household of my beloved little big neighborhood, next one will come soon!

~ Cat <3 ~

Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 13th May 2017 at 11:44 AM
Nice pictures Catwoman44 I think you take very nice pictures. I enjoyed reading about your Sims. I am looking forward to more.

I think I play very like you when it comes to doing a rotation, I do keep a list though and I do mostly follow it, but I haven't always done so.

I have only one cemetary so far, and I am building Mausoleums, so that I will have urns on multiple floors.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:48 PM
Default Meet Keira and Venom!

Oh, two of my favourite Sims. They have been living in Sunset Valley for a long time now, I don't even remember exactly when they were born.

Keira

Keira is a vampire, who is the daughter of the already deceased Addison and Derek Night.
All of her relatives were wiped out by a terrible disease, she is the only one of her entire clan who survived.
When she was attacked by a vampire in Downtown, her life changed drastically. She moved into an apartment, joined a clan of vampires and started working in the Intelligance career.
During one of her frequent visits to the Crypt O' Night Club, she met Venom, who is now her boyfriend.

Life stage: Adult (18 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Intelligence
Zodiac sign: Cancer
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 7 points
Shy/Outgoing - 1 point
Lazy/Active - 6 points
Serious/Playful - 4 points
Grouchy/Nice - 7 points

Aside from her job, she loves to read crime novels and horror novels.
If someone - even Venom - disturbed her while reading, she would hiss at them and tell them to "get lost".

She also loves to paint pictures, people often tell her that she should rather become a painter than an agent for the SCIA, but she doesn't care much about that.

Let's head to the next Sim, shall we?

Venom

Venom, the son of Rocco and Sarah Greenfield, originally lived in Downtown with his parents, but that was to change when he became involved with Keira.
His parents disapproved of his girlfriend, so they kicked him out of their house, severing all contact with him.
He looked for a job and became a barkeeper in the Crypt O' Night Club, so he could get an own apartment in Sunset Valley, in which Keira moved in after a short while.

Life stage: Adult (16 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Hacker
Zodiac sign: Pisces
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 5 points
Shy/Outgoing - 0 points
Lazy/Active - 5 points
Serious/Playful - 5 points
Grouchy/Nice - 10 points

Nowadays, he works as a professional hacker, testing the IT security of companies for money.

...And when he isn't working or spending time with Keira, you can be sure to find him fishing at the pond located in a park nearby.

That's it for this household, see you next time!

~ Cat <3 ~

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th May 2017 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Nice pictures Catwoman44 I think you take very nice pictures. I enjoyed reading about your Sims. I am looking forward to more.

I think I play very like you when it comes to doing a rotation, I do keep a list though and I do mostly follow it, but I haven't always done so.

I have only one cemetary so far, and I am building Mausoleums, so that I will have urns on multiple floors.

Aww, thank you. :3

Building mausoleums seems like a good idea, but I like cemeteries more, probably because I really love to arrange the flowers at the graves.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th May 2017 at 8:42 PM
Your hood looks real nice ! And your cemetery is soo beautiful!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th May 2017 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Your hood looks real nice ! And your cemetery is soo beautiful!

Thank you!
The cemetery has been a lot of work, but I really enjoy arranging the flowers. I just get very attached to my Sims and when they die, I want them to have a beautiful place where they can have eternal peace. :3

Instructor
#8 Old 13th May 2017 at 10:27 PM
Thanks for posting Catwoman44! You're sims are somehow very multi-faceted and beautiful! And that graveyard :lovestruc!! I also love how your posts are organized! Venom and Keira are so cute <3

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th May 2017 at 2:51 AM
Hi Catwoman44, I have never played a Vampire up to this point, but Keira makes me think about doing so. I think that Venom and Keira are really cute as well, and I love the casual outfits that they are wearing.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th May 2017 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thanks for posting Catwoman44! You're sims are somehow very multi-faceted and beautiful! And that graveyard :lovestruc!! I also love how your posts are organized! Venom and Keira are so cute <3

Thank you!
Yeah, Venom and Keira are pretty cute together. I wonder why he didn't want to become a vampire yet, haha.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2017 at 10:42 AM
Hi Catwoman44, I have never played a Vampire up to this point, but Keira makes me think about doing so. I think that Venom and Keira are really cute as well, and I love the casual outfits that they are wearing.

Oh, thanks. :3
I have lots of such outfits in my game, probably because I'm into gothic and metal stuff. Seems like a creator always puts a little bit of themselves into their creation...
Also, playing a vampire can be really fun! In the nights, I love to go out with Keira and scare some unexpecting Sims.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th May 2017 at 11:48 AM
Default Meet Catherine and Luke!

Ah yeah, these two Sims are probably the only ones around Sunset Valley who aren't completely crazy in some way. It's a miracle...

Catherine

When Catherine came to Sunset Valley, she had just finished college and didn't know what to make out of her life.
That changed when she met Luke, who urged her to try out different activities.
She learned that she was an excellent gardener and so she decided to turn her hobby into a career.

Life stage: Adult (20 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Self-employed
Zodiac sign: Virgo
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 8 points
Shy/Outgoing - 3 points
Lazy/Active - 6 points
Serious/Playful - 3 points
Grouchy/Nice - 5 points

Shortly after discovering her splendid talent for gardening, she fell in love with Luke, who is going to propose to her soon.

...and when she isn't growing her plants or wooing Luke, she's taking a break on the sofa.

Luke

Luke is a long-time resident of Sunset Valley, so he's the one to ask if you're new in town.
He helped Catherine find her way of life, basically the same way he has found his own way of life.
When he was younger, he tried out a lot of activities, until he found one that made him perfectly happy - Sports, especially swimming.

Life stage: Adult (22 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Athletic
Zodiac sign: Gemini
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 4 points
Shy/Outgoing - 7 points
Lazy/Active - 7 points
Serious/Playful - 3 points
Grouchy/Nice - 4 points

He goes to Downtown 2 - 3 times a week to work out, as he wants to be as perfectly fit for work as possible.

At home, he ususally drives Catherine to insanity by getting the phone bill up to horrendous numbers.

Alright, now you know the least crazy Sims in my neighborhood.
See you next time! :3

~ Cat <3 ~

Instructor
#13 Old 14th May 2017 at 9:37 PM
Aww, what an adorable family :lovestruc. My families are always so weird-so this is refreshing! I love Luke, as he seems like a rather affable person (although his personality points don't indicate such)!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 15th May 2017 at 12:06 AM
Catwoman44

I certainly don't think you have to have gardening MODs, but I was curious if you used any of them.

Here are mine:

Monique's from Insimenator
MQ_Garden_Talk_To_Many.package
MQ_Get_Closest_Compost_Pile.package
MQ_Harvest_Life_Stages_Hack.package
MQ_Harvest_Yield_Hack.package
MQ_Tending_Auto_Compost.package

CtfG's from MTS
CtfG_EP5_HarvestFaster.package
CtfG_EP5_RakeFaster.package
CtfG_EP5_ShowAllCompostBins.package
CtfG_EP5_TalkToPlantsFaster.package

Good looking Sims you have and I like how you match them up.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th May 2017 at 3:24 PM
Aww, what an adorable family :lovestruc. My families are always so weird-so this is refreshing! I love Luke, as he seems like a rather affable person (although his personality points don't indicate such)!

Luke can certainly be a really nice person, you just have to get his trust.
It's not easy to get him as a friend, but when you do, he's going to stay by your side forever.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th May 2017 at 3:30 PM
Catwoman44

I certainly don't think you have to have gardening MODs, but I was curious if you used any of them.

Here are mine:

Monique's from Insimenator
MQ_Garden_Talk_To_Many.package
MQ_Get_Closest_Compost_Pile.package
MQ_Harvest_Life_Stages_Hack.package
MQ_Harvest_Yield_Hack.package
MQ_Tending_Auto_Compost.package

CtfG's from MTS
CtfG_EP5_HarvestFaster.package
CtfG_EP5_RakeFaster.package
CtfG_EP5_ShowAllCompostBins.package
CtfG_EP5_TalkToPlantsFaster.package

Good looking Sims you have and I like how you match them up.

The only gardening related mods I have are some of BoilingOil's mods from Leefish:
BO - NoFreshFood
BO - MoreRealisticYields
BO - Customized Compost Bin
BO - Landlords No Gardening

Thanks for your list, I'll take a look at it! :3

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:16 PM
Default Meet Nadira!

Yup, it's time to introduce another household and this time it's going to be my newest one!

Nadira

Ever since she was a child, Nadira wanted to become famous.
Originally living in a small village far away from any bigger cities, it seemed like there was no way she could achieve her dream, until she decided to leave her family and move to Sunset Valley.
Now that she has found a job in the Show Business career, she is on the best way to become one of the most famous celebrities around SimNation.

Life stage: Adult (24 days away from becoming an Elder)
Career: Show Business
Zodiac sign: Leo
Personality:
Sloppy/Neat - 4 points
Shy/Outgoing - 8 points
Lazy/Active - 4 points
Serious/Playful - 5 points
Grouchy/Nice - 4 points

Nadira goes shopping at least three times a week and although she doesn't even know anymore where to put her clothes, she still insists on bringing home a ton of new outfits every time.

She also loves to spend time with her friends, when she goes out with them, they usually go to Speedy's Fast Lanes Bowling and Eats in Downtown and compete for the daily high score.

Another one of Nadira's favourite activities is dancing and listening to music, she even subscribed to the Music and Dance magazine.

That's it for Nadira, there are only two other households left to be presented now...So, as always, see you next time! :3

~ Cat <3 ~

Instructor
#18 Old 15th May 2017 at 4:45 PM
Thanks for the update Cat! Nadira sounds like quite a character She remind me of Kimber (aesthetically speaking) and I really like her design.

Check it out ;)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:09 PM
Thanks for the update Cat! Nadira sounds like quite a character She remind me of Kimber (aesthetically speaking) and I really like her design.

Yep, she is.
She actually reminds me of some character I've seen when I was a little kid, but I can't really remember which one it was.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:11 PM
Oh, Nadia seems like an interesting character!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:28 PM
Cat, Nadira is great looking and I really like her outfit. she is dressed like how I would dress one of my sims, if I had the outfit, which I don't, do you remember where you got it?

I am looking forward to the next household.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th May 2017 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pannisim
Oh, Nadia seems like an interesting character!

Thanks! Honestly, I didn't even try to make her interesting.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th May 2017 at 8:11 PM Last edited by Catwoman44 : 15th May 2017 at 8:27 PM.
Cat, Nadira is great looking and I really like her outfit. she is dressed like how I would dress one of my sims, if I had the outfit, which I don't, do you remember where you got it?

I am looking forward to the next household.

Thank you! :3
I don't really remember where I got the outfit though...But I'm gonna look into my files and search for it!

Edit: Found it! Here comes the link to Nadira's outfit: http://modthesims.info/d/396635

Test Subject
#24 Old 16th May 2017 at 4:03 AM
Wow, I am impressed. My custom neighbourhoods never last a month! I created a new one recently and I am having a lot of fun with it, so I hope it lasts. My vacations from college are about to end though, so I won't have time for the game...
I loved your town and your families. You are very organised! I can see you did everything with a lot of care.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th May 2017 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Woxxey
Wow, I am impressed. My custom neighbourhoods never last a month! I created a new one recently and I am having a lot of fun with it, so I hope it lasts. My vacations from college are about to end though, so I won't have time for the game...
I loved your town and your families. You are very organised! I can see you did everything with a lot of care.

Oh, thank you! :3
Yeah, I've spent many, many hours on developing Sunset Valley into what it is today.
I wish you the best of luck with your neighborhood! <3

Page 1 of 2