Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:23 PM
Quote:
Terrain paints seperated into categories like in The Sims 3. I hate how dirt paints are with grass paints. It makes catalog messy.

I'd like for terrain paints to be 'clickable' and able to find them in the game catalog! You have to guess at what terrain paint you just used..no way to find it easily enough by searching for it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:51 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 17th Apr 2017 at 3:08 PM.
Changing recolor of pre-purchase object shouldn't cost money!

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
So go to the grocery store. It's easy and you meet new people. Or just ignore the deliveryman and let him leave it on the porch.

It should be easier to accept delivery, I'll grant you that.

Two words: Loading Screen. Especally If it loads longer than decades. You misinterpeted the guy and (s)he only wanted to share his expressed displeasure/pet-peeve for what Eaxis didn't offer. Not a work-around
Mad Poster
#53 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:57 PM
Another I dislike: LACK of (good) curtains. They should have added more of them in a stuff pack or whatever pack that could introduce more curtains in variety of looks and pre-existing one's with all different lengths. And I do mean EA default ones.
Scholar
#54 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:00 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix you can edit your posts so you can write everything in a single one instead of 3 separate ones

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#55 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:07 PM
I know, but I was a bit lazy to do so! I will eta those comments into one. Well... actually the two first replies, because it would change the context of the "agree" rating vote.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'd like for terrain paints to be 'clickable' and able to find them in the game catalog! You have to guess at what terrain paint you just used..no way to find it easily enough by searching for it.

And an erase button too! My God this is annoying, to not being able to erase it to uncover the original one...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#57 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simshout
An option to disable the extremely low poly lot imposters. Ugh.

Just turn them off - there's an option in one of the options panels somewhere.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#58 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
And an erase button too! My God this is annoying, to not being able to erase it to uncover the original one...

You mean removing all the terrain paints that are on the lot to uncover the original hood texture? It’s not so bad to do it manually with the biggest tool size (you can erase while holding Ctrl), but it would indeed be more convenient to erase the whole thing with a single button (e.g. when you’re rebuilding a Maxis lot).

Simblr
Mad Poster
#59 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th Apr 2017 at 6:05 PM. Reason: because I can't thype.
Wait..holding CTRL actually erase it it instead of..Oh man!!! Seriously? lol

Scholar
#60 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:15 PM
Yeah, you can also remove wall and floor coverings with Ctrl

Simblr
Mad Poster
#61 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:18 PM
Yes! That I know of course..so I feel dumb, knowing ctrl normally erase instead of add..and I didn't even think about it.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#62 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Wait..holding CTRL actually erase it it instead of..Oh man!!! Seriously? lol

Yes it does. I learnt that about 2 years ago and it revolutionized my use of terrain paint. I now use tons since I am not afraid of getting it wrong.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#63 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 11:54 PM
To be able to change into any clothing getting out of the tub/shower. Why does it have to be everyday clothing when they are getting out of the tub/shower just before going to bed?
Scholar
#64 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:26 AM
I think I thought of Ctrl early on, because I knew it from TS1 – there weren’t real terrain paints there, but using the grass tool (which was introduced in an EP) with Ctrl removed the grass. The look depended on the area, for example in the normal grass area and in the spooky part of Magic Town it was grass-dirt, in the tropical area of the vacation island it was grass-sand (which could create an interesting effect), and in the winter area snow-dirt.

As for more things that should’ve been added – some way to undo during a plastic surgery. Sometimes I want to test something and it’s really annoying I can’t undo the changes.

Simblr
Meet Me In My Next Life
#65 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Hack for windows http://modthesims.info/d/215766

curtains that open and close http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Curtains.htm

@Debby1957 thank you so much for sharing the Hack for the Windows. I never knew that it existed I just tested it in my game it work perfect, now my Sims can get air when it is hot in the summer.
Also when the want- to- be- Chef Sims is in the kitchen and burn their food I can now open the windows to let the smoke out and clean air in. This is a great mod by Atavera I notice at the time Numenor was keeping it updated
I really miss Atavera and Numenor who both retired thank goodness they left there mods and objects here on MTS. Mods really adds to the Sims games.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#66 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:43 AM
You're welcome. I didn't know they existed until this thread. I googled when I read the comment. Then just posted them for you and Charity.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 6:07 PM
- Breaking the tiles when using CFE cheat, creating ugly triangles and letting the weather in - beats me why this never got fixed, and I love love love CFE.
- No way to paint an edge of a tile, so we're left with eternal brown construction layers (without CC).
- Not letting carpets move off grid without a mod.
- Complete absence of kitchen cabinets. I mean, what's up with that? Not that hanging kitchen cabinets are a new 21st century thing, both of my grandmothers had fully equipped kitchens for decades before I was born. I actually don't know anyone who doesn't have them. Most people here don't have dishwashers, no one has a trash compactor, some don't even have electric choppers, but everyone has cabinets .
Inventor
#68 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 10:51 PM
A social reputation system for pets would make sense. Whether pets are willing to be gentle creatures or hostile beasts will determine how a Sim perceives them, like with other Sims.

For wolves and more aggressive dog breeds, it is feasible that someone will feel antsy over them unless they interact differently. On the other hand, Sims would be likely to play with the more amiable animals that show their pleasant nature.

Although cats are much more predictable in Sims 2, they would be more of a wildcard in real life moments.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 8:56 PM
You should have been able to call on the phone, other sims who lives in your apartment block.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH

You mean like with Pets EP eyedrop tool? Because I agree with that... when you have 60+ terrain paints they all start to look same from the previews!

Which lead me to next thing: Displaying the mesh and recolours in 3D when you click on object instead of thumbnails, also like The Sims 3 has. I do not understand why Maxis decided to use thumbnails that easily can corrupt and often not display object correctly for big or really small meshes. It seem like Maxis really have no idea of how to organize...

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#71 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:00 AM
In Pets, the Kim family was from a cancelled TV show, and yet there's no new or updated stations in that EP with them in it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#72 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 1:50 PM
I wish the game would automatically offer a name for a newborn. My sims tend to be named rather conventionally (Mary, Helen or Richard, John...)
Mad Poster
#73 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 3:02 PM
Quote:
I wish the game would automatically offer a name for a newborn. My sims tend to be named rather conventionally (Mary, Helen or Richard, John...)

It would give rise to the same problem all pixels would have-the same name for 40+ people..like rolling the pacifier, it's good that the game does not do this.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#74 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 3:25 PM
I think she (or he? not sure) means that there's already a name in the window when it pops up, but you can change it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#75 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Toddlers and babies should also be able to sit on laps.
Deco roof cornices should have worked like fences (and they should have modified fences so that they could be placed in between floors)
Tall picket fences and brick stairs (for patios) are missing.

To your point - a 'sit while holding baby' option or a 'sit while nursing' one would have been freaking awesome. It's so weird to watch my exhausted sims holding little munchkins perpetually instead of just sitting down, and it's impossible to use the awesome rocking chairs people have made because there's no point the sim sitting in it by themselves without holding the baby!
Page 3 of 5