Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1427
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
 Replies: 110 (Who?), Viewed: 11779 times.
Search this Thread
Old 12th Nov 2017, 8:31 PM DefaultBusiness: Le Theatre - Social Ballroom and Buffet #101
Charmful
Original Poster

Alchemist

12 Achievements

View My Journal

Replies from last post

@Cher64 - Running a farm definitely keeps you and your sims on their toes. I'm glad you enjoyed reading about it. Paladin also had some mods that allowed for easier mass farming if you hire actual workers. I have them but have yet the need to hire employees for this farm. Unfortunately Sim Wardrobe site is down but ihatemandatoryregister has a link in her signature that leads to all of Paladin's wonderful mods. I'd love to see your farm when you get it up and running.

Both couples got married on the farm and I suspect their children will too, whenever that happens!

Thanks for pointing out your favorite pics too
----
@lordtyger9 - Your Greenman family sounds like perfect candidates to run a farm as far as the name is concerned they could get a lot of good marketing out of it! Greenman's Veggies! The greenest! Thanks for reading and I hope to see in your thread the farm if and when you set it up and start playing it.

Le Theater

Ongoing with the 'Show us your business theme', here is the business the Cosgroves manage. It's a theater that was turned into a ballroom (also available for download here at MTS)

Currently, it's level 6 and honesty, it's a money pit. I don't recommend this a serious business model. The Cosgroves make a decent amount off it but they also spend a lot - fussing on decorations and food and entertainment - and being one of the wealthiest families they can afford to throw away their moneyon frivolities. Pryce and Adriana find this business a sort of fun hobby where they can get dressed up and schmooze with the other upper class residents of Kashmire.

It's a beautiful old neoclassical structure that's been owned by the family for generations, located in the heart of Scandalica City's historical district. Formal attire is required to enter the premises and the band-a-tron collects funds. The business opens usually around dinner time and stays open until midnight. The price is manually adjusted once it's dark, and gets raised 5-10 simoleons and then charges a parton per hour they are there so Pryce and Adriana make extra sure their guests are having a good enough time to be too distracted to leave prematurely. It's a struggle getting a patron to buy a ticket, they usually come up and look and leave before anyone has a change to work a sales option on them so that's why the price is lowered to about 10 simoleons the first few hours the theater is open, kind of like an early-bird special. Once they have more people inside dancing or eating, the price is raised and some others still might come in later.

Here is the main foyer/lobby

The ballroom's stage. Musicians can perform here, and the owners prefer jazz. Sometimes they bring out a piano but for now it's set up for jazz performances. When there are no jazz bands booked, the stereos provide music to dance to.

The ballroom itself and the balconies above. There's abundant seating for dancers to rest their feet. Above are little enclaves that patrons can eat at since there is a buffet right outside on the upper floor.

The upper floor also has a bar and nectar bar. But that's really all there is to it. It's a simple, elegant place of delight. I've had sims take their dates here, propose here, and the theater also functions as a venue for the Mayor's ball and the Cosgrove's charity masquerades.

I played a yesterday, a day where Pryce and Adriana gussied up and went downtown to open up the theater for a business day to show how it's currently running.

If you haven't already but want to read more about this Cosgrove family, they have their own family post here.

Otherwise mods I use for this business are:

twojeffs visitor controller at Simbiology - this is used to force sims walking onto the lot into the required Formal attire.

visitor controller link

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Last edited by Charmful : 16th Nov 2017 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12th Nov 2017, 10:07 PM #102
Cher64
Lab Assistant

Unfortunately, I'm a long way off from having my own produce farm up and running. In the offspring hood, the only business I have is a fledgling home floral business. Kelly only had it open for a few days before I moved on to the next family in the rotation. I am finally starting to plan my new hood and have downloaded and looked at a confusing amount of terrains. I plan to play around with all kinds of businesses when I get that set up and populated. Since I can't make a decision quickly, and must compulsively look at every available possibility for hoods, it could take quite a while.

Your pictures do so much to help tell your stories. A few comments on some of the masquerade guests: I love how Jonah Wellington is rocking the blue lips. He seems to be the only male willing to go that far with his costume. I like that Sophia and Halen Louis have a signature color. I often take the dominant color in the outfit a sim ages up in, and try to choose clothes for him/her in that color group. Simon Stone made me laugh. Personally, I think he looks like he'd be a lot of fun at a formal event.
Old 13th Nov 2017, 12:24 AM #103
lordtyger9
Forum Resident

@Charmful

I had downloaded most of the Mods that work on my game from SimWardrobe a long while back, so I have the Produce and Fish Packing Mods already. I am not going to use SimWardrobe's Employee-Gardening-Controller-2 as it conflicts with Monique's MOD MQ_Garden_Talk_To_Many.package, I got it from InSIMenator.org, but I figure that I will have Rose Greenman work on the Gardening full time and have her husband work on the Gardening part time as well. Maybe I can hire someone to help sell. I will have to see how it goes. I can also move some other Sims in with them I suppose. It will be an experiment. I do intend to play the Greenman Family, I am planning on changing the toddler to a Normal Sim though, still I am going to keep Rose the way she is and I might have her husband become a Plant Sim too, not sure about that part. So anyway a Home based Produce Sales Business sounds like a good idea for them. Also it will help make it interesting when I am playing them.

I will go ahead and do the Farm in my Thread I think. Oh yeah Greenman's Veggies sounds pretty good, or how about Greenman's Organic Veggies?

----
I really love how the various Couples are Dressed, as all the Female Sims have great Dresses and their Male Companions are dressed wonderfully with Matching Ties, great looks for all of them. I love those dresses and I have several of them myself.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Old 13th Nov 2017, 7:32 AM DefaultFamily Update: Kapitha Birthday #104
Charmful
Original Poster

Alchemist

12 Achievements

View My Journal

Replies from last post

@Cher64 - Ah home floral business. I used to have one of those but the woman who owned it, moved houses and didn't end up starting another one. Home businesses - like that flower shop and this produce farm can end up going by so fast. I feel like Skye and company moved in yesterday and now they're nearly elders! So by all means take your time setting one up since it seems like playing them goes by lickity-split.

I'm thrilled you liked those couples pictures, when I first posted them on the site
years ago after doing the original masquerade no one really commented on them so I like to hear opinions on them still, thanks! It's hard to miss Sophia and Halen in the hood because of their hot pink, and that will be explained more in their family post but I like to do color codes too. I just pick out a color and then end up going overboard on some sims. For example, if you ever see
Alanna or Alarie Thackery from my sims stories they usually have some kind of violet or purple going on in their wardrobe. And the ONLY reason Jonas went all out with lipstick is because that particular mask applies a lipstick when put on in the game. Natalie has another one, that's why her lips are blue - but it seems more natural because she is more likely to wear make up. Simon Stone is a slacker and not very adept in etiquette of the Kashmire elite. So he's fun...but for Gina he was kind of a last choice to bring to that ball, especially when he went off to dance with Noelle instead.
----
@lordtyger9 - I see, I don't have the Monique mod to talk to many plants but I don't use the sim wardrobe one either, I installed it just in case I ever needed to have workers. But thanks for mentioning that in case I ever decide to get the Monique one. All four of the adults work full time on the produce farm but if the household needs quick money, it's probably best her husband keeps his job and once the toddler gets to be child aged they can help garden. Greenman's Organic Veggies sound mighty fine!

I always like having matching couples for fancy formals. I did that too with Melinda Cosgrove's Garden masquerade which I'll have to post pictures of sometime - but I did a CC search for all the dresses and suits so they could match. I love ballgowns, but the only issue seems to be the clipping when the women dance and their partner's legs get eaten by the flouncy skirt, as you can see in the slow dancing pic, haha.

Kapitha Update - Birthday

Taking a break from businesses, I played Anton and Melody Kapitha's place for a few days since their twins were nearing a teenage birthday and here are some pics from that:

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Charmful : 13th Nov 2017 at 8:16 AM.
Old 13th Nov 2017, 10:55 AM #105
lordtyger9
Forum Resident

@Charmful

Great Pictures and great Party, I like Sim Birthdays a lot.

Note that Monique's Talk to Many does not throw an error, rather the option to talk to many just does not appear. Once I noticed that Talk to many was not working. I read that the two mods did not work togther, I did not try changing the load order to see if I could get them to work.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Old 13th Nov 2017, 11:45 PM #106
Cher64
Lab Assistant

Great party pictures. I like the interactions between kids, they make some fun pictures.

I would just like to side with Rosali... I mean, Ros, and add that it's not fair that Roderick got his wish and she didn't get hers! They are definitely some nice-looking teens.
Old 19th Nov 2017, 4:44 AM DefaultBusiness: Pandora's Playhouse and Pleasure #107
Charmful
Original Poster

Alchemist

12 Achievements

View My Journal

Replies from last post

@lordtyger9 - I can tell you like birthdays quite a bit from how many you show in your thread I don't always have parties on birthdays. Sometimes I'm just too impatient so I have a bunch of people over but then it's not an 'official' party that does the cut scene cinematic. Sometimes I forget and the sim just grows up automatically. This will be my brothel/strip club post I mentioned on your thread after you had shown us your business of the same nature.
----
@Cher64 - I have this predominant gene somehow in my hood that makes everyone really grumpy and so I often get kids rolling wants to tormet others! Rosaline did and I let her torment her brother's friend, Marquez (not pictured)
for a bit before I felt bad and they ended up getting negative relationship points but I wasn't expecting anything positive out of that interaction. Kids so have a whole slough of interesting interactions. I even tried to get Antonio or Melody to encourage Rosaline to be nicer but the option for it didn't come up in the 'Encourage...' pie menu. Boo!

Maybe Ros should set that bar a little lower. I don't even have horses in my game! She's never even seen one! A pony is basically as rare as unicorn at this point lol!

Thanks you guys for your comments

The Brothel and the Gentleman's Club

PANDORA'S PLAYHOUSE

This post gets back into the bi-monthly theme of 'show us your businesses', and it's a bit more risque in subject matter so there's no actual game play pics of the businesses being run. I will just show you the sims and the spaces of the businesses and leave the rest up to your imagination.

First off there's the Pandora's Playhouse - it's a brothel located in the seamy desert town of the same name and is occupied by five lovely ladies.

(L t R, their working names: Ginger Snaps, Lolly Drop, Velvet Black, Tokyo Tease, and Tijuana Tease)

The reason I created these set of sims was because I had a lot of playable single romance-minded lads running amok. There's not much depth to the sims themselves but they are all romance sims too and these business set ups suit their own ambitions and help others out with theirs.

Pandora's Playhouse is an unassuming adobe colored complex that is more or less just a big house. Of course it wouldn't be a playhouse if there wasn't anything fun going on, so each of the women have a themed room they entertain customers in.

Velvet Black is the proprietor of both businesses, basically the madame of the brothel. She has the highest skill at sales - containing the dangerous 'dazzle' talent that can lure any man into the house who happens to wander by. The clientele is vast and these women do not kiss and tell. They play hostesses to powerful politicians and celebrities in Kashmire but will not, under any circumstance name names - but it would astound you who shows up for their services. Speaking of services, if any these romance-lads happen to make a house call i.e. invite a Pandora lady over for a night of shenanigans, he will then send back money with her using the money order mod.

There are common rooms for patrons to busy themselves in while they wait for an available hostess. The dance room contains music and a wet bar with ready-made poured and blended drinks. Mirrors are aslo a common thing in the playhouse, probably to call back to a 'funhouse' of mirrors at a carnival.

Through the left double doors to the dance room is the jacuzzi room which is a sun-room styled area with a nice wooden hot tub for hostesses and their clients to get cozy.

The media room is just a living room, the only thing that makes it more than an ordinary living room is a certain rug that comes from sexy sims.

The Playhouse gathers money via the bandatron and ticket prices vary from 20-50 simoleons depending if it's open during the day or night. It's open at the whim of Velvet Black since she's the leading lady. Sometimes they need to have 'rest' days where they sleep, brush up on skills or take vacations together. ACR does help very much for this business because using the casual option I can get any of the women to flirt at a much lower daily relationship level than they could if it was vanilla and it to be accepted by customers.

What's your favorite room?

PANDORA'S PLEASURE

Across the street is the gentleman's club called 'Pandora's Pleasure' and it goes hand in hand with the Playhouse. It's a simple one-story building with a main showroom containing two dancing poles, two private lap dance rooms, and a small bar room. It also works on a bandatron and prices for a ticket are usually 15-25 simoleons. I also use the visitor controller so that only sims of the male persuasion stumble onto either lots.

Pandora's Playhouse as a home business is at level three. Pandora's Pleasure is an off-lot business and fluctuates between level 0 and 1. I don't play these businesses very much since the sims that inhabit them are a group of 'immortals' - basically Playable service sims. The club was also a newer business within the last three years so it hasn't really gotten of its feet and become established. Hardly any sims actually LIVE in Pandora so the only reason I go there is to play these two lots exclusively and only do it when the mood strikes.

Thanks for reading. I'm not linking anything from sexy sims since I think there is a rule against linking to mature content but if you have any questions, just PM me.

MOD LINKS
ACR (Autonomous Casual Romance) mod by twojeffs
Visitor Controller mod by twojeffs
Money Order mod by Pescado

Last edited by Charmful : 19th Nov 2017 at 7:14 AM.
Old 19th Nov 2017, 8:59 AM #108
lordtyger9
Forum Resident

@Charmful

Great update, I like how the Sims look in your brothel and I like how the rooms look.

Lolly Drop's room would be my favourite room I think, I like how the room looks with the Red colour. Now if there were a Purple room, I woud pick that instead. purple is my most favourite colour.

I got a lot of stuff from SexySims, but also InSimAdult, and Chris Hatch's BackAlleySims are go to places.

Old 19th Nov 2017, 7:56 PM #109
Cher64
Lab Assistant

This was a fun update to showcase the businesses. Your five girls all have distinct personalities and styles, which makes it even more interesting.
Old 19th Nov 2017, 11:56 PM #110
HH22
Lab Assistant

3 Achievements

Your produce farm looks really great; I love the red barn that you've got on the lot. I like the theatre as well, especially the domed roof. Roderick and Ros grew up very handsomely. Hopefully Ros' birthday wish will come true for her, but I bet Roderick's wish helped her out too

Old 5th Dec 2017, 4:43 PM #111
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

@Charmful Wow, I adore your 'Pandora' sims! I really like the names, and the themed rooms- you must have put a lot of time into designing all that!

I'm surprised your gentleman's club is only at level 1, it would probably be much more popular in my neighbourhood!

Great pictures.

Section jump: