Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You must have put img code or something inside the spoiler if you have pictures inside the spoiler. I don't have privies to edit your post and look inside.

I am looking at your screenshots inside your spoiler. They are all showing up. Your overhead and floor plan are still reading too small at 523px × 738px but your front pic is reading a nice 1,091px × 699px. So it's just those two, the one of your floor plan and the one showing your roof. If you just take pictures in Fraps, change to a jpg or a png and don't crop they should all be the correct size.

Hopefully all pictures should now be the correct size.
When I hover over the image box it automatically inserts the IMG code when I insert the link. If I take that away it just shows a URL. I need a guide for the really dumb.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 6:57 AM
I will upload a picture so I can see exactly what I do as I tend to do and not always pay attention to the finer details if you know what I mean.

Okay so I uploaded an image of mine from a previous contest. When I left click it, it opens the picture in a new page. I copy the address at the top. Then I click on that little box just above. It's next to create list on one side and hyperlink on the right of it. In the same area that you do bold, underline, quote etc. (you need to have advanced view showing) When I click that little box it opens a small window saying enter the text for formatting. I paste the link that I copied before into that. Click Okay. It then shows up here. Does that help?

You need to remove your two small pictures, where you first did upload image also has remove. Then just upload the larger pictures and insert them like I did here with mine.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:06 AM
I will upload a picture so I can see exactly what I do as I tend to do and not always pay attention to the finer details if you know what I mean.

Okay so I uploaded an image of mine from a previous contest. When I left click it, it opens the picture in a new page. I copy the address at the top. Then I click on that little box just above. It's next to create list on one side and hyperlink on the right of it. In the same area that you do bold, underline, quote etc. (you need to have advanced view showing) When I click that little box it opens a small window saying enter the text for formatting. I paste the link that I copied before into that. Click Okay. It then shows up here. Does that help?

Yes, that's what I did.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:08 AM
If you look at your entry, post 11 and click the spoiler and look through, you will see two pictures that are smaller than the rest. Are you seeing that or something else?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:16 AM
If you look at your entry, post 11 and click the spoiler and look through, you will see two pictures that are smaller than the rest. Are you seeing that or something else?

According to my computer their dimensions are 600x800.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:32 AM
Ooh, a beginner challenge ! I might enter this . Have downloaded the application, hopefully I'll be able to present something.......that isn't trash . Even if I make horrible houses, at least I'll learn stuff, right ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 7:48 AM
@yavannatw They are showing up okay now. It may have been the site, sometimes it lags. I will get you up on the contest table.

pannisim, yes I learned a lot about picture taking, building and decorating from contests. Don't worry if it's terrible, the judges don't bite -much. I use to build horrible little box houses.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:40 PM
Sorry, you can't take it away and replace with decking either. The only thing you may do to the foundation is raise it if you want a higher set house. I have also heard there is some way to lower it but I don't know how.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#34 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:05 PM Last edited by *_Drew~ : 11th Apr 2017 at 4:07 PM.
Ok, here we go! I have to say it, it was really hard checking the money everytime not that I usually use cheats, but I realized that some CC is so cheap than the game objects. Mostly I've suffered from the lack of replacement for walls and floors, but I think the final resul is acceptable :3

Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:21 PM
I would be willing to be a judge, if you'd have me!

A temple/home I built for the goddesses of the 4 elements in my own mythological neighborhood:

I could send another, more conventional, building instead if you'd rather want that. I don't think this is the best one I've ever built, but it's the only one I have good pictures for right now, haha.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:27 PM
Signed me up! This is my first contest btw
Scholar
#37 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 1:29 PM
I have a question – you said that default replacements count as CC, but is it about all of them? For example, can I use a hood terrain replacements (grass, desert etc.), or do I need to stick to Maxis originals? Can I use my water mod and RLS? Can I place the lot on a desert terrain, or does it have to be in a grassy hood? Sorry for many questions, but I haven’t participated in a contest before and I prefer to ask for clarity

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:00 PM
@Drew Your pictures are below size requirements, they have to be no smaller than 800 by 600. Are you using some kind of screenshot program or print screen key?

@Pideli would you have a more normal lot?

@SneakyWingPhoenix great. I can't add you to the table until you get your application in.

@Voeille No defaults of any kind since that would make yours look nicer as would a water mod. It's very easy to make yourself a cc free second sims 2 folder, it's what I do. You may build on a desert terrain if you wish, that was something I hadn't thought of. Just make sure its a 2 by 2 lot and build the foundation in the same exact spot as mine. It's only this round that is cc free, you can use cc and forgo the bonus points in the next three rounds.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#39 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:07 PM
I know about separate folders, I already have several ones, but what about RLS? I’d have to uninstall it with the Scriptorium separately.

Simblr
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 2:49 PM
I don't know RSL, what is that?

Also, why is everybody showing lot price from the hood view? You guys realize that is under Base Game notes, right? None of you doing that have base game, you can take a screeny of lot price on the lot. I wouldn't have to squint either. I will include that under the spoiler so not to confuse.

No moving the foundation HL, has to stay exactly where it is. Sorry. But hey, I'd love to have you along for the ride.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#42 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:09 PM
This is RLS, I’m sure you know it exists, you probably just didn’t think of it while seeing the shortcut

Simblr
Field Researcher
#43 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:35 PM Last edited by enebya : 4th Jul 2017 at 12:03 PM.
I've never entered a contest before and I'm not good at building and decorating - So this is a chance to improve, right :P

Jessica and Martin Walter are really excited for the arrival of their first child, Jamie. While Jessi is an arty type, Martin is your typical engineering student - He didn't care at all what the house would look like, as long as his gaming equipment was there! Jessi is especially proud of their bedroom. Finally, after years of college, all the furniture fits together! She couldn't persuade Martin to get rid of his old and worn couch, though. But maybe, once her paintings start to sell she can just buy a better one. One, that will fit with her own couch.
Martin thinks that the garden still needs a lot of work. But he wants to do it himself, and with his working hours that might take a while. Jessi just loves flowers, whereas Martin would like the garden to be useful. He plans on making his own compost and growing veggies for his little family!

Instructor
#44 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:38 PM
@joandsarah77 I resized with Gimp, but I don't know it didn't scale them properly. Gonna fix it and edit my post
Mad Poster
#45 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:16 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 13th Apr 2017 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Additional required photo
Just to be sure I am following you on the rules. A total of 16 pictures are allowed, four mandatory (front view, overhead view, floorplan, price) and 12 that are up to you. Is that correct?

Here's my entry. Price 25,000 on the dot (am very impressed with myself )

The Walter's decided to move to Simville, a town known for it's nature and agriculture. Coming from a big city they aren't used to suburbia, but they dream of being self-sustainable and getting away from the smog and chaos of the big city. So they moved to Simville, in to a small house with the foundations to a self-sustaining life. There's an apple tree and a small garden to grow food, and a stove will keep them warm during the winter. They don't have much money yet, but with time they hope to add solar panels to the roof so they can bring in their own electricity. To fit in with their new neighbours they painted their house in the traditional Simville-color, pastel green. They might have gone a little overboard with the bright colorful counters, fridge and sofa, and the country-styled furniture may be a bit cliche, but to them it's paradise! Looking ahead they already built the nursery, because they hope to start a family. Some may wonder where the changing table is, but no self-sustaining Sim of worth would waste the compost-potential of biodegradable organic diapers!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:20 PM Last edited by Justpetro : 13th Apr 2017 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Add family screenshot
Default Application entry
Here is the house for the Walter family. The fridge is in the kitchen. Alarm and phone included. They have everything they need plus a porch at the back with 3 doors leading there. No CC used.

Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:40 PM
Default Judge application
@Pideli would you have a more normal lot?

Okidoki! Here is a more "normal" lot.

Not sure this is exactly normal either, but normal is boring! (This was used in my finished legacy family )
Mad Poster
#48 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:03 PM
Your contest your rules Jo, but I do think it'd be more fun if we were allowed to move the foundation within the lot borders.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:10 PM
I would like to be a judge, if you'll have me? My game isn't fully recovered yet from Vista/Win10/Linux issues... *sigh* (It is playable, but not back to what it was yet.)
Can I just send you to my profile for building examples? Or, should I post one here? I'll just post one...
Here's one that's not uploaded here yet:
Screenshots

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:13 PM
Okay, one question. The random object, the fridge . DO we use the base-game fridge, or the one you linked to ? Sorry for such a stupid question .

Page 2 of 106