Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1195
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
 Replies: 161 (Who?), Viewed: 10810 times.
Search this Thread
Old 26th Aug 2017, 7:24 PM #151
tictachoe
Test Subject

Thank you for the invite! I've been on MTS for years now so this was quite unexpected!

I play TS2UC, and I am currently having to rebuild my whole game because I had to do a hard reset after multiple issues and a bonehead mistake on my part. I was able to backup my thousands of CC downloads, neighborhoods, some lots, and whatnot, but it's just not the same.

If anyone has any links to small terrain neighborhoods, please share them with me! I love building hoods from scratch, but the medium and big terrains are not my favorites or strong suits.

One day I would like to upload a lot or Sim to MTS (for the first time!), but until I figure out how to tell which expansions, SPs, and CC people need to download my stuff so they can properly play it, I won't be doing that.
Old 26th Aug 2017, 11:46 PM #152
lordtyger9
Forum Resident

Welcome to the group @tictachoe, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

I don't know much about Uploading, but I know that for whatever you upload, what is required will be all of the EPs and SPs that you have installed, unless you use AGS {AnyGameStarter} and AGS only works with disks. As for CC I think that depends on what you are including deliberately.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Last edited by lordtyger9 : 27th Aug 2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 27th Aug 2017, 5:42 AM #153
Emperor Crat
Original Poster

Instructor

Thanks for responding for me, lordtyger9! Anyways, I second lordtyger9's extension of welcome to you tictachoe (I love the name ) I'll be looking out for the sim you are eventually uploading, and I certainly hope that you enjoy and benefit from this group!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Old 12th Sep 2017, 7:21 PM #154
Charmful
Theorist

10 Achievements

View My Journal

Hey everyone! This response is directed especially toward @Emporer Crat since they created the group.

I was wondering if we could maybe have monthly or bi-monthy prompts to get everyone in the group involved with updating their gameplay threads.

For example a theme could be Show off your businesses where members focus on playing their sims businesses and then updating their threads with what happened in their hoods and the families that run them and the histories involved.

Or another theme could be: The best romances where members show pictures or write about their sim couples more in depth during the month with the theme.

Members could suggest and vote on themes on this thread or a new special one under the group and of course no one has to update their threads with the theme stuff, they could go right along doing what they've always done but then it would be fun going through and seeing how everyone handles their different businesses or romances or whatever theme is each month.

Another suggestion I have is to link members threads at the top of this welcome group so there's an index of sorts. I could go through and give you all the links in an already MTS format if that would be easier and you could update the top post to add it in.

Do you think that's a good idea or too much?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Old 21st Sep 2017, 9:23 PM #155
Kunder
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Crat
Wonderful, I anticipate that your depictions of instrumental ancient empires ought to be rather intriguing. I love the puns you incorporated into the empire names! I'll be keeping an eye out for your post !
Sorry I haven't posted here lately.

You'd like Simsylvania. FULL of puns.

Simberwolves.
Y. siM. C. A.
etc.

For me, making up my Sims names, and the puns are half the fun of playing.

It's taken me as long as a week to come up with the name for a Sim. I keep them on a list, so as not to forget.

I take naming Sims very seriously. After all, just like your own kids/pets/fungi/etc. They have to live with whatever name you give them!
Old 25th Sep 2017, 6:57 AM #156
Emperor Crat
Original Poster

Instructor

Thanks for the suggestions, Kunder!!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Old 25th Sep 2017, 8:01 AM #157
Goldenbtrfly
Instructor

8 Achievements

View My Journal

I like your ideas, @Charmful - I certainly hope Emperor Crat is working on things with you.
Old 25th Sep 2017, 4:15 PM #158
srtv
Lab Assistant

Love the ideas of Charmful, I think is great to keep the group going and to challenge everyone of us to play more in our games...
Old 26th Sep 2017, 11:16 PM #159
Emperor Crat
Original Poster

Instructor

@Goldenbtrfly I most certainly will! I'm glad this group means so much to you guys

Check it out ;)
Old 15th Oct 2017, 7:28 PM #160
simsample
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!

19 Achievements

View My Journal

I'm still loving this group @Emperor Crat !

I want everyone to know that I'm reading and enjoying your threads! I can't always think of a worthy comment to make, but rest assured I (and many others) are eagerly anticipating any updates!
Old 15th Oct 2017, 10:47 PM #161
SingleClawDesigns
Scholar

I check this group several times a day though I can't ever seem to get into the playing mood anymore
Old Yesterday, 6:37 PM #162
Charmful
Theorist

10 Achievements

View My Journal

@Emperor Crat

I messaged you awhile back about starting themes but didn't hear back so I hope everything is okay with you.

Since a few people showed interest, I think we should put up some themes to vote on. What kind of theme would people in the group be interested to post and see from other members??

I made a new thread HERE if you want to nominate or discuss.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Last edited by Charmful : Yesterday at 6:57 PM.

Section jump: