Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Imagine how annoying it would be, if sims built houses. You had to make the plan, and then it would take a certain few sim-years for all the builder sims to build it.

....actually I guess that could be kind of cool for certain play styles, but also super annoying if you wanted to move your sims into a new house as soon as possible

Don't forget having to clear the land of trees, brush, and boulders.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
...if whenever you left them alone for a second they wound up glued to their phones XD

I would actually much prefer that to most of the stupid stuff they actually do when left alone for half a second.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:04 PM
Imagine how annoying it can be if there are real car accidents. When you send your sim to community lot and they are nowhere and popup says they must deal with police and you need wait couple of sim-hours before they show up walking and you must buy them new car or pay for repair.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:31 PM
I dunno, a lot of these things strike me as things that I'd like to see in the game, just to boost the realism factor up a bit!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Aha, and walking off the lot to play Pokemon GO and you must wait uncertain time when they come back...

[Pop up]: "Your Sim has walked into a hornets nest while trying to catch a beedrill"
[Sim reappears on lot with the 'chased by bees' interaction]

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#31 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Eastside Veronaville is a Conservation Area. Sims do need planning permission to make change to their houses there. And you definitely would not get planning permission to demolish one of these old Tudor houses and build new.

What kind of rules do you have deciding who gets permits?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:59 PM
Imagine if we actually had to design sims' houses around their storage needs. We'd have to make sure there was a tall cupboard for that mop they keep up their butts, and there would have to be a place for the kids to store their stools and pile of phone books (for when they play chess).

Also, imagine how annoying it would be to design buildings to be functionally affordable- so you'd have to take account of where the main soil pipe is plumbed before you could build a spare bathroom.
Link Ninja
#33 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:31 PM
It's much better that Toddlers are coded not to open cabinets and go down stairs instead of having to baby-proof a house.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:47 PM
It'd be pretty annoying if Sims had separate bladder and bowel motives. Particularly if the bowel filled up rapidly after eating certain foods (the Chinese takeout boxes?)

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#35 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:47 PM
If periodically, the lights go out and you have to pay a fee to change the lightbulbs.

I bought a lamp from Ikea years ago and when it finally went out a few weeks ago I discovered that you couldn't change the lightbulb. The bulb is built in, you can't replace it, and now I need a whole new lamp. I've been complaining about how no one expects a lamp to last forever, but that's exactly how things work in the sim world!

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#36 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
It'd be pretty annoying if Sims had separate bladder and bowel motives. Particularly if the bowel filled up rapidly after eating certain foods (the Chinese takeout boxes?)

That made me think of a thirst as a need. On one hand it’d be annoying to make sims drink, but on the other I’d like it. And a thing I’d definitely like related to needs would be splitting hygiene, at least to hands and the rest – it doesn’t make sense that, for example, after using the pottery table for a while they get stinky, it’s their hands that got dirty, not that they produced sweat like while exercising.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#37 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:10 PM
If you really need buy all these things what sim use from their mysterious backpack (pots of paint, mop, screwdriver etc.)
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:22 PM
Well I'm glad none of that is in the game. It's bad enough having to deal with them in real life and I play games to escape it.
Link Ninja
#39 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
If periodically, the lights go out and you have to pay a fee to change the lightbulbs.

I bought a lamp from Ikea years ago and when it finally went out a few weeks ago I discovered that you couldn't change the lightbulb. The bulb is built in, you can't replace it, and now I need a whole new lamp. I've been complaining about how no one expects a lamp to last forever, but that's exactly how things work in the sim world!

I think they did this in sims 1! I remember calling the repair man and then he'd come and be fiddling with lights on the wall and then charge a few simoleons because they had 'broken' and no longer shed light in the room.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#40 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:38 PM
They did! And you could electrocute yourself changing the lightbulb, too! I don't miss that.

Sometimes I make my sims wait till a season when major renovations could be done to remodel. But when twins come at me out of the blue, I'm soooo glad I don't have to!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#41 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:45 PM
You had to tell a child three times before they'd do something ... or thirty-three times for a teen!

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Scholar
#42 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I think they did this in sims 1! I remember calling the repair man and then he'd come and be fiddling with lights on the wall and then charge a few simoleons because they had 'broken' and no longer shed light in the room.

Yeah I remember that! My Bob Newbie got electrocuted and died while changing a bulb They removed that function in an EP, I don’t remember in which one.
It also reminded me that potted plants in TS1 required watering, but in TS2 they don’t. And I find that good, it they required watering I’d probably use a mod to stop that, like I use perfect plants for gardens.

Simblr
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:33 PM Last edited by jaytee95 : 29th Mar 2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Oh, wait, that has been done!
Actually that "Pokemon GO" idea sounds like a career someone should create (if it hasn't been already). Would probably download/play it as soon as I'm able to play Sims 2 again!

Edit: Oh, wait, that really does exist.

Someone already mentioned if the game had job interviews instead of being able to "accept" any first-level position. So I'll add onto that, imagine the entire process for preparing for said job interview and getting a series of questions (similar to the job chance cards) where you have to pick the right answer (or they're questions where there is no right answer and you have to have high-level charisma and logic to even have half a chance and not even then). Or that process is like the private school 'interview' with the headmaster.

And, to go along with that, Sims had fears of certain jobs, or just wouldn't do some of them, and/or children/teens that didn't like school or were getting poor grades refuse to go.

A few others:

Multiple bills for different services (water, power, heating, phone, TV, etc.) that came on different days for different amounts.

Junk mail and telemarketing calls.

On versions of the game where you can walk to different lots, you have to walk by every single lot on the way there.

You make two sims that are very compatible with each other, they hit 100/100 quickly because they're compatible and get along well, fall in love, etc., and it ends when one tells the other that they can't accept how much they love each other and the game sees to it they don't see/talk to each other again.
Scholar
#44 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
They did! And you could electrocute yourself changing the lightbulb, too! I don't miss that.

OMG Bustin' Out for console...all you DO is change lightbulbs. I don't miss it either.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaytee95
On versions of the game where you can walk to different lots, you have to walk by every single lot on the way there.

I would not find this annoying, I'd LOVE it!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#46 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I would not find this annoying, I'd LOVE it!

Yes, it is like that in CS story mode, and I never liked that in free mode you couldn’t do that any more, it always showed the map. It was possible to choose the lot you’d go to in the story mode of course, but it was just not the same.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#47 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
What kind of rules do you have deciding who gets permits?
Well Gloria got permission because her boyfriend Garry is on the Town Council! I like to think that wasn't the reason, but I'm sure it helps. It's certainly realistic!

The important thing is that the proposed changes don't adversely affect the historic ambience of the town. Gloria built a small extension to her house which allowed her to have a kitchen sink, so she wouldn't always have to carry dirty dishes to the bathroom. It also allowed Andrew to have a double bed in his bedroom above the kitchen. The extension which was small, six or eight tiles in total, was built in the traditional Veronavillesque Tudor style, and matched the original architecture of the house. The only possible objection is that the house has lost some of its original symmetry with an extra gable added to its east wall, but most of the original half-timbered houses in the town arte asymmetrical. It is being cited as an example of the sort of proposal which is likely to receive planning permission.

In general you don't need permission for changes inside your house, unless it contains period features. So Gloria was able to put wallpaper on her plain plastered walls without problems. But the Moltkes have exposed oak beams inside their house, and they are not allowed to remove these or plaster over them.

I foresee a difficulty in the future at Capp Manor when Juliette takes over from Consort. Juliette dislikes all the coarse undressed stonework inside the house. She wants to replace it with high quality plasterwork or panelling, and I agree with her. I have never seen such a feature in an English country house. Even if the Manor has been rebuilt from a medieval castle, I would expect this stonework to have been plastered over centuries ago. I expect Juliette will get her way, as she is a person of considerable influence in Veronaville, and her proposals have aesthetic merit. Indeed there is a proposal to make Veronaville into an independent Grand Duchy with Juliette as Grand Duchess, so she must have a residence commensurate with her position.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:26 AM
My sims get telemarketing calls. People asking them to buy their magazine. Then there are the door to door salespeople (the Hobby instructors).

I'm gonna say menstrual cycle. I envy my sims for not having to put up with monthly crap. It would drive me nuts to deal with changing a pad every few hours and/or mood swings.

I'm also going to say unwanted pregnancy. I like that my sims only have babies when they want them.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:07 AM
Wait..."buy" magazines? I was under the impression those magazines were as free as the newspapers.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 3:29 AM
They are free. Shame they are not more useful, like being able to stack them. A small stack could be used at the clinic, vets, hair dressers etc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 6