Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:18 PM
Has anyone tried using a regular door or arch as a turnstyle from the barrier to entry store set? I used to set these up so I could place some sort of "cover charge" for venues (live music/show time shows). This would make it a lot cleaner.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 6:48 AM
I wonder whether I can make most of the stuff on the lot function like a hot tub.
Alchemist
#28 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 3:05 AM
I'm thinking of turning a backpack into a chest... If that works, now I can have a working backpack that can actually store stuff!

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#29 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:24 AM
I think Sandy at Around the Sims may have done that already.
Instructor
#30 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 8:34 AM Last edited by Floraflora2 : 3rd Apr 2017 at 9:17 AM.
I don't have the mod yet (still wondering about the ways I could use it), but might it work as a space-saving tool by transmogrifying the dresser script or the bookcase script into a small end table?
Also, have any of you actually tried to transmogrify a rabbit hole building into another rabbithole? like, for example, changing a business/journalism rabbithole to a city hall?
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 5:57 PM
Default How I used icarus_allsorts transmorgrifier...
Here we see my interpid, brave, handsome self sim approaching his test device.

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious ...

After time traveling to the past, a graceful exit is made.

Credits:
icarus_allsorts for the fabulous transmorgrifier
Doc Brown future sunglasses... Bacxaber @ thesims3.com
Delorian ... Fresh Prince Creations @ http://www.freshprincecreations.com...eanDMC12ts3.htm
Filmed on location in Hill Valley.
Site Helper
#32 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:00 PM
I just realized: since sims go all over the house in order to avoid putting a book back on a bookshelf, why not turn one of the book piles from Supernatural into a bookshelf? "No, we don't bother keeping a book on the shelf. We just pile them all over the house, and occasionally move them back into a huge pile when we need more surface space."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#33 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 3:44 AM
I'm working on a Tiny House and wanted to save room so I have turned a mini fridge into a minus one kelvin reward fridge!
So many awesome possibilities with this mod.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
#34 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
oh, of course I'm turning a car into a time machine... you knew that, right?

It had better not just be any car.
But if you can't find a DeLorean (don't think there is one), I recommend a Tesla.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#35 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
oh, of course I'm turning a car into a time machine... you knew that, right?

@Emmet brown, I need this too, it's out of stock, can I get one from you?? :P
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
@Emmet brown, I need this too, it's out of stock, can I get one from you?? :P

Sure... you got connections to the Libyans?

If not, you'll need the upgrade...
Mad Poster
#37 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:19 AM
Oh, is that the 2015 model? I hear they got it to output the whole jigowatt plus some, instead of just the .5. Crazy what technology do these days! Oh, I fondly remember the days of ripping off sketchy Arab dudes for fuel, but I'm glad they're over.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#38 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 5:16 AM
Looks at Emmet's Mr. Fusion machine sadly, empty coffee mug in hand. I know this has something to do with coffee. It must, I mean just look at it. But where do you put the...oh, never mind. None of the other suggested uses for this mod (except one of mine) seem to center around hot beverages either. Time to admit I have a problem, I guess.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:01 PM
Could one copy the script of a toilet that's been upgraded to unbreakable, and apply it to all other toilets in the house, making them all unbreakable? Haven't had the chance to test this out yet.
Site Helper
#40 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 6:18 PM
I tried to turn the decorative pile of clothes into a dresser. I have a vampire and a fairy living together, and the vampire likes to skinny dip in the hot tub and the fairy likes to hide his clothes.
Sadly, they had the options available, but they route failed when they tried to change clothes at the clothes pile/dresser.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Theorist
#41 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 1:16 AM
I had the same problem when I tried to turn a deco wine cart into a home bar. Actions dropped from queue immediately.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about how actions are programmed but obviously there is some additional info that has to line up (animations, maybe?) before this works on some things. But I have had a blast thinking up and trying different things!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#42 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I wonder if I could find decorative broom and turn it into a guitar

I had almost the exact opposite idea lol

I'm thinking about taking a guitar and turning it into a witch's riding broom XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#43 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 4:41 AM
It may an issue when sims or objects are supposed to attach-if the new object doesn't have places for that to happen.
Scholar
#44 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:51 AM
I'm currently working on a medieval kitchen and trying to make things authentic as possible. The thought occurred that I could use this mod to convert a table into somewhere that food can be prepared. They didn't have counters in those days. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll let you know how I get on.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:27 PM Last edited by Epica0 : 17th Apr 2017 at 5:26 PM.
I have always wanted to use ATS3's music stand for my singer sims. So far it has functioned as a mirror, but now I've turned it into a karaoke machine and it actually works! Now it looks like the singer actually reads the lyrics from the sheet of paper

Here a pic, hope it works:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5o1mb&s=9
Scholar
#46 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:40 PM
My idea didn't work. I tested it out on a medieval table, making sure I'd removed all the counters from the house so my sim would be forced to use it. But all the options on the fridge were greyed out because there wasn't a counter available. Furthermore, when I tried to move the table, it transformed into an actual counter.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
@tangie0906
I'm always interested when I see modified screenshots. Would you mind sharing your specs for the screenshot? It looks amazing. You know, whether it is photoshopped, if you used HQ mod, ambient occlusion, GPU anti-aliasing? Thanks!

Kid, you haven't seen nothing.
Remind me to come up with something stupidly insane when I get home.
I'd do it here, but I have the hardware, nor the connection, nor the attention span to do it here, on my laptop, on a mobile hotspot that's running out of data, on a speeding train I paid extra for to get a nicer view. Now, me being a Dutchman, this train of course isn't packed like all the other ones. Because you need to pay extra to ride it. And while extra is a luxury for others, it's the standard for me. Hence the shit-battery of graphics mods in my game.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#48 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:54 PM
I just realized I forgot to update on the Bookpile/bookshelf.

You can put books into the pile. You can click the pile and see that there is something to read in there, but the sim route fails if they want to just read from the pile. BUT. You can open the pile, put a book from the pile into the inventory of a sim, and let the sim read it from inventory. Bonus: when the sim is finished reading they do not decide that they need to go up 3 flights of stairs to put it on the bathroom counter instead of putting it back on the shelf they are right next to.

Mad Poster
#49 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 3:51 AM
Tried turning one of the kitchen counters into a bar. It didn't work. I'd would constantly run into routing errors. Probably because it was against the wall and in between the stove and another counter :/

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#50 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 1:27 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 20th Apr 2017 at 3:55 AM.
I've been trying to figure out what can be turned into a fairy house w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶.

Things that work Properly
Fireplace (which is actually pretty cool cause you can have fairies living in your chimney)
Toilet (brings a new ick factor to drinking pollen punch)
BBQ Grill
Baker Station
Buck & Chuck Bronco
Grandmas Canning Station
Bar
Buffet Table
Gem Cutter Machine
Salutary Speakers Podium
Wardrobe (Narnia here we come)
Dog House
Cat Condo
Kitty Bag
Bath Tub
Titanic Toy Machine
Swift Pro Gardening Station
Bot Workshop
Scraptronic Workbench
Pool Table
Piano/ Keyboard
Drums
Artisan Glass Blowing and Jewelry making station
Alchemy Station
Styling Station
Chemistry Station
Blackjack/ Poker/ Roulette Tables
Art Easel
Sculpting Station

Fairies can route to/ go inside/perform functions in these, but then get stuck and can't exit

No Routing

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Page 2 of 4