Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pet Hiking Motive Changes

by gummilutt Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 9:18 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2017 at 5:29 PM by gummilutt

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 9:47 PM
Yay!!! Thank you so much! be sure I'll be poking in this to see what & how you did..lol
I cannot believe it..you have a dog named Idefix??? Wow..I bet he loves trees. <3
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:09 PM
Let me know if you want help with the poking, I'd be happy to break it down for you. Helpful tip, if you plan to compare it to the original use the sort-button on it so the order of the BHAV bits match mine.

I guess had is the right term now. He died in august 2015. I miss him something fierce, he was a very special dog. His father was called Asterix, and he had an uncle named Obelix. Me and my father used to read that comic together when I was younger so it seemed wrong to not name him Idefix
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:50 PM
Oh wow! I could just hope..(that you knew Asterix & Obelix) My favorite comic/cartoons ever.
So sorry about him..yeah, I read too fast
I opened it lready, but what i saw in yours, I never found in my objects.package. more fiddling will be needed. Thank you again, Gallic fan.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 9:29 AM
Your mods make me realise how much stuff I DON'T do in my game. I don't think I ever send my pets on hikes to have noticed this, but now I'm going to make a note of tagging them along.

This reminds me how much we need a mod that syncs hiking with sim fitness. By default it doesn't change at all and that's always seemed ridiculous to me?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 10:49 AM
Thank you! This has bothered me as well!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 1:19 PM
An another awesome fix. Thanks Gummilutt!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 2:55 PM
I watched the discussion of this on one of the threads. Thank you for making it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 2:55 PM
I watched the discussion of this on one of the threads. Thank you for making it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 9:06 PM
I never even tried to take my pets on a hike. With this mod I most definitely will! Thanks!
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 11:50 PM
thank you for this necessary fix: every time my sims went on a family hike, the pets almost died...
EA employees probably go on very dangerous hiking places
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 12:48 AM
thaaaank you! this is why I wouldn't go hiking with the pets in game, now I can :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 2:14 AM
I am so excited that this mod is now available. Now it makes sense! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 12:18 PM
Thank you so much. Also, your credit to your dog Idefix made me cry. I lost my dog almost 2 years ago. For a long time I couldn't even go on a walk, I missed him so much I'd cry on the path. This is a sweet mod. Thank you again.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#15 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 3:42 PM
Hurray for pet bladder sanity!

I too was moved by Idefix. The loss of an animal companion leaves a hole in the heart, but the love shared makes it worth it.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 8:28 PM
Very usefull mod, thanks !
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 12:16 PM
Thanks for the hiking fix.

Sims can also take their pets jogging. Are you going to make a fix for jogging too?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:43 PM
I've been meaning to make an updated version of jogging motive changes since I made this, I figured a lot of people might prefer jogging to also let pets pee. When I made it I reasoned that pets don't get to stop and pee while jogging, but then again Idefix would not have let any jog stop him from emptying his bladder first thing. So since you ask, I went ahead and updated it for those who aren't comfortable editing it themselves.

Jogging motive changes with pet pee version

@RoxEllen1965

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, especially nice to hear about others who lost pets and know the feeling.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:56 AM
5 times? My dog wasn't happy until she'd peed at least 17 times. XD She do it until she had to be dry and just going through the motions. XD She passed away last year. You miss them so much.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 9:19 PM
Very practical
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 1:08 AM
i always wondered why sims cant take all the pets for the same walk. Who does it for one pet at a time. Thanks this is much more realistic.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 10:13 PM
omg thank you! SO annoying when the pets come back from a walk and pee at the front door lol
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 3:08 PM
Ohhh! Thank you so much! This is awesome!
Would also be cool, if their bladder score changed on the jog, too.
I often take my dogs to jog along, both in-game and irl
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 4:14 PM
@Ignissimo Bladder score is changed, for pets. They will fill it up completely.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM
Oh, I thought only "on hike" is working.
Page 1 of 2