Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moonbuns VQ_maxis mesh mashup

by Vikuu Posted 26th Feb 2017 at 11:14 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2019 at 6:35 PM by Vikuu

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:43 AM
Amazing, Vikuu! I love this mesh! may I ask if recolors/retextures are allowed?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 3:01 AM
Super cute! The mesh is quite adorable and I can see myself using it a lot. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:02 PM Last edited by Vikuu : 27th Feb 2017 at 12:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by WhitePolar
Amazing, Vikuu! I love this mesh! may I ask if recolors/retextures are allowed?

Of course, they are allowed ! Please just give me some credit. I would be glad if someone recoloured it. The more colours the better. And I would also be happy about retextures
One hint. I know that saving textures takes a lot of time. You only need to edit the first three texture files for every age ( and the first three alphas). The others are just there because I didnt want to mess up everything in SimPE and deleting the other alpha groups. This way its easier to add new parts in the mesh later and I am not going to risk that the mesh does not work later.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Steampunk_Tristan
Super cute! The mesh is quite adorable and I can see myself using it a lot. Thanks!

Thank you I think I am going to do more meshes in the future. Its not easy to do the theoretic part with all the codes and assigning the mesh to the recolour packages.
Whew that gave me some frustration and I should try to do that more often so it gets easier.
Meshing by itself does not take so much time like getting the mesh to work in the end
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 1:10 PM
Love it! Very on trend too. I see these type of buns more and more
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Hmmm... for some reason, many creators have trouble with connecting the hair mesh to the body mesh so that you always see a line between the two meshes.

Only retexturing might fix the seem a little bit. I would need to change the alpha as well, so the hairline covers the line between the body and the hair.
I sadly dont know how to mesh the hair without any seem. This is propably quite difficult.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 5:51 PM
Loving these mashups! Your Sims are super cute too
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 5:08 AM
Thank you sooo much! These meshes are amazing, and serve as a testament to your amazing skill! Your meshes look lovely in my maxis-match game-so keep up the good work! This really made my day
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Feb 2017 at 4:37 PM
Im very happy you like it and I appreciate your compliment In the future there will be definitely more Maxis like meshes from me
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
Thank you sooo much! These meshes are amazing, and serve as a testament to your amazing skill! Your meshes look lovely in my maxis-match game-so keep up the good work! This really made my day
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 9:16 PM Last edited by Chiklia : 4th Mar 2017 at 9:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
Hmmm... for some reason, many creators have trouble with connecting the hair mesh to the body mesh so that you always see a line between the two meshes.

Usually it happens because of the "auto smooth" in Milkshape. When not turned off, it creates a line later in the game, because smoothing groups for the head and the scalp aren't the same anymore.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 9:27 PM
I'm so glad you're doing those maxis mashups! They fit the game so well. Thank you so much!
This one is soooo lovely, I like the idea.

P.S. If you want to know how to avoid the seam in the future - make sure the "Auto Smooth" option in Milkshape is off.

The only way to fix it now is to re-import the "scalp" subset again, sadly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Vikuu : 10th Mar 2017 at 7:38 PM.
Thank you very much for the advice. I will keep an eye on Autosmooth in the next projects.
And thanks to you I managed to fix the hairline issue on this hair
Quote: Originally posted by Chiklia
I'm so glad you're doing those maxis mashups! They fit the game so well. Thank you so much!
This one is soooo lovely, I like the idea.

P.S. If you want to know how to avoid the seam in the future - make sure the "Auto Smooth" option in Milkshape is off.

The only way to fix it now is to re-import the "scalp" subset again, sadly.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 11:19 PM
This hair is so cute! i hope you do more hair like this
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 6:48 AM
I honestly really love this hairstyle! My only complaint, and it's a tiny one, is that the black looks a little greyish in my game. I'm still using the hair, because it looks so good overall, but that's one thing I noticed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 10:56 PM
Thanks, there are very cute!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:26 PM
Very adorable! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Oct 2017 at 8:09 PM
Great hairstyle! Thanks for making this!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 12:24 AM
I know I said I only had one complaint, but actually the red texture is far worse than the black I just really like sims to be able to change hairstyles for different categories and not have it look like they dyed their hair in between. Maybe I'm an odd one out. And honestly I hate complaining here, because the shape of the hairstyle is lovely. I just want to be able to freely use it in my game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I know I said I only had one complaint, but actually the red texture is far worse than the black I just really like sims to be able to change hairstyles for different categories and not have it look like they dyed their hair in between. Maybe I'm an odd one out. And honestly I hate complaining here, because the shape of the hairstyle is lovely. I just want to be able to freely use it in my game.

Hi, it's okay. You are right. I noticed that the colors didn't fit as well. I just fixed and uploaded it. Wasn't difficult at all and I have a lot of freetime right now. And hey: I learned how to reduce color noise with Gimp by changing the texture color of the red one. Quite practical and easy.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vikuu
Hi, it's okay. You are right. I noticed that the colors didn't fit as well. I just fixed and uploaded it. Wasn't difficult at all and I have a lot of freetime right now. And hey: I learned how to reduce color noise with Gimp by changing the texture color of the red one. Quite practical and easy.

OMG thank you so much! I'm so excited to see how it looks now!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
OMG thank you so much! I'm so excited to see how it looks now!

You're welcome! I'm always thankful for constructive criticism.