Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampires - Weakness Point gains removed/reduced

by linkster123 Posted 29th Jan 2017 at 9:06 AM - Updated 6th Aug 2021 at 5:00 AM by linkster123

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 101 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:08 AM
Thank you so much for making this wonderful mod. It's simply phantasic we don't need to use in game these annoying weaknesses. You really made my day.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:13 AM
You are most welcome, I just felt I can't enjoy the vampires if I'm forced to pick a weakness.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:35 AM Last edited by Chaos15 : 30th Jan 2017 at 1:51 PM.
I like the "weakness" mechanic. Sims are just way too perfect.

But I'll be lying if I said I didn't want to make at least one ALL POWERFUL vampire
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:31 AM
omg thank you very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 1:03 PM
How about a middle ground.. Where you still get weakness points, but doesn't have to use them in order to progress?
Just a suggestion though.
Test Subject
#7 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 3:17 PM
I don't mind the weakness, but how about make it only choose 3 overall instead of 5. That seems more balanced. Great mod still.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM Last edited by linkster123 : 29th Jan 2017 at 6:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ultimuh
How about a middle ground.. Where you still get weakness points, but doesn't have to use them in order to progress?
Just a suggestion though.

I'll make alternate versions that have fewer points rather than 0 points. So long as you have points it requires you to spend them and I couldn't figure how to disable that (I'm a noob at XML tuning...) so this is the best I could do for now.

The alternative is to play without the mod, pick all your strengths + weaknesses, then once you confirm everything you do the following:
  1. with testingcheats enabled type: sims.get_sim_id_by_name firstname lastname (put the sim's actual name) and this will give you the simID
  2. Once you have the SimID use this cheat: bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40961 <simID> true (don't type the < > )
  3. Your sim's weakness points will reset to being unspent (but the next time you go to pick strengths you have to do this process all over again to get rid of the weaknesses each time you pick new strengths)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:49 PM
I created 4 alternate versions based on how many points you want to gain (as opposed to the default 5 points maximum).

The Mod comes in 5 variations:
  • No points gained
  • 1 point max
  • 2 points max
  • 3 points max
  • 4 points max
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 7:55 PM
Do you know if this works on vampires who already have max weaknesses but drink the respec potion?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruinus
Do you know if this works on vampires who already have max weaknesses but drink the respec potion?

Unfortunately, it will not reduce or remove any points you've already gained, even if you reset/respec. I tried to figure this out last night but for now I'm stuck with this mod only working on vampires that didn't have the points to begin with or were created after using the mod. I had to recreate my entire sim family just to get rid of what points I had, last night. Unless someone else figures it out before I can I'm trying to see if there's a way to simply remove the points via a cheat or menu and reset them back to 0.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by linkster123
Unfortunately, it will not reduce or remove any points you've already gained, even if you reset/respec. I tried to figure this out last night but for now I'm stuck with this mod only working on vampires that didn't have the points to begin with or were created after using the mod. I had to recreate my entire sim family just to get rid of what points I had, last night. Unless someone else figures it out before I can I'm trying to see if there's a way to simply remove the points via a cheat or menu and reset them back to 0.

This annoys me too. do you know if cure my sim from vampire and then make them a vampire again will work with the mod?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gagasluxury
This annoys me too. do you know if cure my sim from vampire and then make them a vampire again will work with the mod?

I tested this but after drinking the ultimate vampire cure then turning the sim back into a vampire all strengths they had before were re-selected and it didn't change my weakness points.
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linkster123
I tested this but after drinking the ultimate vampire cure then turning the sim back into a vampire all strengths they had before were re-selected and it didn't change my weakness points.

Before I cured my sim I made them drink that resetting drink but yeah still had the same amount of powers/weaknesses to choose. I NEED this mod there's not enough weaknesses and it takes the fun out in the end, I would love if you could please find a solution for it. maybe ask help from other modders? this mod is critical!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 2:29 AM
Thank you for writing and sharing this mod with us! I'm trying to learn a little modding myself. (Had some college-level CS courses, but that was a ways back and I haven't really kept up.) I did look at your initial mod the removed all weakness points and make my own that cut it down to 3. Nice to see you've got flavors for all levels now.

I too am really wanting to figure out how to remove pre-existing weakness points. So far though, I just don't really know where to look. As far as I can figure, it's likely going to take a script mod rather than a tuning mod and I'm not really sure how to get into that.

I tried messing with some of the cheats posted by TwistedMexi, but that didn't go so well. It seems there really should be some more cheats or ways to use those he found with the opposite boolean to remove specific weaknesses as well as add them. Alas, it seems the only removal cheat thus far is the one for all weaknesses, and it 'refunds' your points when you use it.

One thing I did learn is that adding a weakness using the cheat -doesn't- spend a weakness point. So you end up with extra weaknesses. (If you then remove those with the cheat to remove all weaknesses, it gives you weakness points for all the ones you added with cheats on top of your regular points -- I had a Sim with 9 weakness points -- decided to reload.) So that wasn't terribly useful.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayradyss
Thank you for writing and sharing this mod with us! I'm trying to learn a little modding myself. (Had some college-level CS courses, but that was a ways back and I haven't really kept up.) I did look at your initial mod the removed all weakness points and make my own that cut it down to 3. Nice to see you've got flavors for all levels now.

I too am really wanting to figure out how to remove pre-existing weakness points. So far though, I just don't really know where to look. As far as I can figure, it's likely going to take a script mod rather than a tuning mod and I'm not really sure how to get into that.

I tried messing with some of the cheats posted by TwistedMexi, but that didn't go so well. It seems there really should be some more cheats or ways to use those he found with the opposite boolean to remove specific weaknesses as well as add them. Alas, it seems the only removal cheat thus far is the one for all weaknesses, and it 'refunds' your points when you use it.

One thing I did learn is that adding a weakness using the cheat -doesn't- spend a weakness point. So you end up with extra weaknesses. (If you then remove those with the cheat to remove all weaknesses, it gives you weakness points for all the ones you added with cheats on top of your regular points -- I had a Sim with 9 weakness points -- decided to reload.) So that wasn't terribly useful.

I tried disabling the weakness points as a 'bucks' type in the XML that references everything in the game that is perks-related but ultimately that removed the skill book button from the vampire needs menu entirely so I had to delete it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:44 AM
Omg I was JUST talking about the need for this in the forums. I think 3 is perfect for balance. 5 is way too many as so many vampires end up being cookie cutter because there just aren't enough weakness variety. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gagasluxury
Before I cured my sim I made them drink that resetting drink but yeah still had the same amount of powers/weaknesses to choose. I NEED this mod there's not enough weaknesses and it takes the fun out in the end, I would love if you could please find a solution for it. maybe ask help from other modders? this mod is critical!

There is one option you could do you can reset the weakness using the cheats here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/vampcheats it will make it so they have NO weaknesses though. You will have to manually add back any weaknesses you want with the "weakness equip traits". It is a bit time consuming because you need sim ID to do it, but if you want to keep your sim and not start over this would be the only way to do it.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 8:59 AM
I love this. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
There is one option you could do you can reset the weakness using the cheats here: https://www.reddit.com/r/sims4Cheats/wiki/vampcheats it will make it so they have NO weaknesses though. You will have to manually add back any weaknesses you want with the "weakness equip traits". It is a bit time consuming because you need sim ID to do it, but if you want to keep your sim and not start over this would be the only way to do it.

The cheats only reset the weakness points... I used, and the points for weakness do not have disappeared. It let you only to choose another configuration.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 12:29 PM
Thanks!!!! Love it! I hated the weakness day one.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:51 PM
Thanks for the mod linkster123. I personally love the weakness system. Because there should be no creature who is really all powerful without any weakness. Now everybody likes a different style in their game and it's great that you created this, but I think there is a good reason to have balances between power and weakness. In every single movie and folklore vampires had at least ONE weakness. So if I would play with this mod then I would probably choose the weakness 1 point. :)
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
The cheats only reset the weakness points... I used, and the points for weakness do not have disappeared. It let you only to choose another configuration.

Hello, aujthor of the cheats here.

What you need to do is use up the weakness points, select what powers you want, and then use the reset weaknesses cheat afterwards to remove the weaknesses. This way it's possible to have 100% of the powers with no weaknesses. You'll still have weakness points but they won't need to be set to anything.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi

What you need to do is use up the weakness points, select what powers you want, and then use the reset weaknesses cheat afterwards to remove the weaknesses. This way it's possible to have 100% of the powers with no weaknesses. You'll still have weakness points but they won't need to be set to anything.

Yes, that works, but the problem is, if you're still playing the vampire and learning new abilities, you have to keep repeating that over and over every time you want to buy a new ability. Because the game will not let you finalize a purchase until you spend all of your weakness points. It works, but it's a bit of a PITA.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 7:50 PM
Originally Posted by catalina_45

Quote: Originally posted by TwistedMexi

That is what I understood from your cheat page. Can you add (for all of us) the above explanation ? It can be useful for anyone want to use this cheat. And thanks for sharing all these.
Page 1 of 7