Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims can dance everywhere

by superstorm Posted 4th Jan 2017 at 1:13 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2017 at 1:33 PM by superstorm

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 2:51 PM
Thank you for your creativity!!!Finally some new blood in my game..Such a wonderful idea,honestly!!
Have a nice day! ^^
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 7:54 PM
This is a great idea, no more ugly rug shadows to ruin the look of the room! Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 10:31 PM
This is a great idea! Thanks
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 11:17 PM
Holy crap, I literally needed this literally yesterday, literally!
I don't anymore, but thanks for the effort anyway.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 9:58 AM
This is a great idea, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 6:54 PM
nice
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:57 PM
Thank you all.
This is not much of a mod but it's much of an idea.
The last thing I made was to place 2 large rugs on a beach put some torches to mark where they are and I teamed my active lot to get there with a portable stereo.
A beach party on the sand with out call for party! It was amazing! See it on the link below!
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170105/skh6nknl.jpg

I fixed the dance icon (that you see at the top right of your screen) hash instance for the medium rug.
Any of those rugs won't affect the original dance rugs. They stand alone!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 1:54 AM
Great mod and thank you so much for sharing
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 6:48 AM
Thanks again for this mod! Finally we don't have to design the room around a dance floor
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 5:07 AM
Another great addition for my game! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 6:39 PM
why not grab the the resource code so that when clicking a sim they'll do the club dance....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 11:59 AM Last edited by superstorm : 1st Feb 2017 at 7:43 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JasonRMJ
why not grab the the resource code so that when clicking a sim they'll do the club dance....

Because it is for objects that also have xml tunings, about the objects dimentions e.g (<Length value="3">) for 3x3 rug and for how many sims can be on it, e.g (<Capacity value="4">) for 3x3. Even if I grab the resource code, I need an object to replace the rugs. I think it's the same. They don't all do the club dance. Club dance is a trait. NPCs don't have it. If you ask them to dance they don't do club dance. Just dance. Even if you give a NPC club dance trait (cheat By master controller) they do this dance in club community lots, only. The sims that can club dance anywhere is your active family.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 2:42 PM
Hi I have played with these in game and all works as it should Love the fact that they are invisible, can't understand why EA didn't create this as well as i hated the fact that the dance floor always crashed with whatever floor you had already . Am on Patch 1.67 have all EP, SP and all the store installed if anyone wondered. Take care and please make more mods for TS3 :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:48 PM
What a great idea! Thanks for making this.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 5:27 AM
Umm, aren't Sims able to dance anywhere to begin with? Why do we need a mod for that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 11:48 PM Last edited by superstorm : 18th Mar 2017 at 6:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by madamebellanova
Umm, aren't Sims able to dance anywhere to begin with? Why do we need a mod for that?

Umm, are they?? Did you ever force them dance? Did you ever made them dance...http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170105/skh6nknl.jpg on a beatch...like that?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 4:40 PM
Nice idea, but ballet is not showing up for children(
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by martlet
Nice idea, but ballet is not showing up for children(

Yes! I believe that is correct not to show. Dance rugs are for dance/club dance and that's not for children or ballet dance. I never saw any ballet dance on dance rugs. I never test them with children also. Do they dance at all? On dance rugs, I mean.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by superstorm
Yes! I believe that is correct not to show. Dance rugs are for dance/club dance and that's not for children or ballet dance. I never saw any ballet dance on dance rugs. I never test them with children also. Do they dance at all? On dance rugs, I mean.

They do actually. I take this invisible rug https://davidmonts.blogspot.com/201...lla-RPart3.html then I've changed script with The Transmogrifier (aka Object Script Changer) by icarus_allsorts
and they do dance also they dance on the one from the store.
But I delited that mod Transmogrifier, cuz I've had game crashed. I don't know exactly why but I deleted just in case and now my game is working. But I really wanted this rug to work for my kid
I tried to make mod like this but I failed(

Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 11:03 PM Last edited by superstorm : 19th Apr 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Believe it or not, I never ever played with children! I made the child age 2 days before being a teen, because I believed that they do almost nothing in game as babies do. What is the rug or what ever object children do ballet dance? If you want to make a simple mod of it, first find the object, use TSRW to clone it, extract its textures and use paint.net to make what ever you want invisible of them. Put them back and you'll have an invisible object for children ballet dance. It's very easy believe me! By change an ITUN XML script of an object with another one, you might cause Crash To Desktop (CTDs) because of C# public classes that [DoesRequireTuning] of this game, for a specific object.
What I mean is that, any decoration carpet or any kind of object, that does not have any interaction, when you click on it, it can be changed with such mods. This does not mean that you can do it to objects (rugs, carpets, whatever) that have interactions because behind them is running a C# class that Requires a specific tuning and maybe a Jazz script also if this object animates.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Apr 2017 at 6:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by superstorm
Believe it or not, I never ever played with children! I made the child age 2 days before being a teen, because I believed that they do almost nothing in game as babies do. What is the rug or what ever object children do ballet dance? If you want to make a simple mod of it, first find the object, use TSRW to clone it, extract its textures and use paint.net to make what ever you want invisible of them. Put them back and you'll have an invisible object for children ballet dance. It's very easy believe me! By change an ITUN XML script of an object with another one, you might cause Crash To Desktop (CTDs) because of C# public classes that [DoesRequireTuning] of this game, for a specific object.
What I mean is that, any decoration carpet or any kind of object, that does not have any interaction, when you click on it, it can be changed with such mods. This does not mean that you can do it to objects (rugs, carpets, whatever) that have interactions because behind them is running a C# class that Requires a specific tuning and maybe a Jazz script also if this object animates.

I guess this store rug got nothing to do with your mod, oops sorry to bother you
rug
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd May 2017 at 8:44 AM
These are awesome! I have them all over my house so my sims can dance(and club dance) anywhere I have a speaker. Thanks so much for making these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:40 AM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 10:24 AM
I hope for something like that for years. You're a genius! Thanks you!
Page 1 of 2