Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:42 AM
Default Men or Women??? What do your sims prefer?
Well, it seems they prefer both. I have seen post talking about SimPE and Datgen, but I am not computer savvy and I am afraid I may end up messing up the game. Plus, I would like to change their preference during game play. Anbody have a mod/hack like this? Is there one out there? I did not see it in any post, but if I missed it please post the thread. Thank you
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#2 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:57 AM
You can also change their gender preference by just playing them. Direct the sims to have romantic interactions with the gender you prefer, and their gender preference will change accordingly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:59 AM
My married sims still want to flirt with their same sex friends.

I don't think it ever goes away on its own. My sims are bisexual from the day they are created and stay that way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:24 AM
For example I have one female sim that has 30 best friends, she is married with three kids, but would flirt with all her friends if I wanted her too. See I would like it so there was an object or mod that do choose her preference. The object could be something I could click on and it would say something like men only, women only or both, like a love potion bottle or newspaper ad (like a personal). Just throwing out some ideas.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 10:11 AM
The Sims Enhancer can change their prefrence

I think its at Sims2 Programs or someother website....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 4:21 PM
Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:06 PM
where can you find the sims enhancer?
#8 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 5:30 PM
My Girl sims prefer Boys, and Boys prefer Girls...always
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:07 PM
My sims are totally straight, always have been, always will be.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:45 PM
SimPE can actually change it. :D
Instructor
#11 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 6:58 PM
My sims osually prefer the opposite sex, but Nina Caliente is bixexual.
Part-time Hermit
#12 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlsittinghere
My married sims still want to flirt with their same sex friends.

I don't think it ever goes away on its own. My sims are bisexual from the day they are created and stay that way.

That's because I think all Sims start off with a slight preference to both sexes equally (above 0 for both male and female). That's what it looks like in SimPE, at least. You may need negative interactions with the other sex to actually make it go negative, I'm not sure.
Instructor
#13 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:21 AM
It really doesn't matter, you can set a sim 1,000 one gender and -1,000 for another but they still have the options to interact romantically with both genders and if you direct them to do it and that sim has a high enough relationship with the other sim, they'll do it no matter what their preference.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:22 AM
My men prefer women, and my women prefer men despite what their preference in SimPE says. ... I occaisionally *cough* change it, if need be..
Tough Cookie
#15 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:38 AM
I got straight sims, I got gay sims, I got bisexual sims. I'm even trying to create trisexuals. But majority of them are straight. Like 95%.
Part-time Hermit
#16 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlsittinghere
For example I have one female sim that has 30 best friends, she is married with three kids, but would flirt with all her friends if I wanted her too. See I would like it so there was an object or mod that do choose her preference. The object could be something I could click on and it would say something like men only, women only or both, like a love potion bottle or newspaper ad (like a personal). Just throwing out some ideas.

And she will not flirt with those friends unless you initiate the first romantic interaction between the sims. So, if you don't want her to have romantic relationships with women, then just don't make her. The Flirt option and others will be there, but they don't need to be used.

I noticed that my sims in heterosexual couples get wants to flirt with sims of the same sex if they used to be in a gay relationship before. If they've only had romantic interactions with sims of the opposite sex, they don't get those wants. But it may just be coincidence.
Part-time Hermit
#17 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elvendragon
My men prefer women, and my women prefer men despite what their preference in SimPE says. ... I occaisionally *cough* change it, if need be..

By that do you mean that they don't have the romantic interaction options with Sims of the same sex? It's a different issue if you make them behave straight, but, as far as I know, every sim who has a close enough relationship with another sim always gets the romantic options there. You may not use them, but they are there.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th May 2005 at 3:59 AM
If you use the boolprop cheat, then press shift + the sim, then you can click on their gender preference. They will get a gender preference depending on who their first kiss is with. Then that is what they will say for the rest of their lives, unless of course you manually change it. Otherwise, until then, it will say none.

Most of my sims are gay, but that is because I like alternative living situations. It makes the game more interesting. I wish they could marry multiple sims.

Remember: What will seem pertinent today, will seem worthless tomorrow...

What? You stupid computer! You are NOT allowed to freeze when I am paying the sims! Oh, no! I forgot to save!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st May 2005 at 11:56 PM
What button do you press on the pie menu? Is it spawn or something else?????

Quote: Originally posted by moonlw
If you use the boolprop cheat, then press shift + the sim, then you can click on their gender preference. They will get a gender preference depending on who their first kiss is with. Then that is what they will say for the rest of their lives, unless of course you manually change it. Otherwise, until then, it will say none.

Most of my sims are gay, but that is because I like alternative living situations. It makes the game more interesting. I wish they could marry multiple sims.
Test Subject
#20 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 8:36 AM
i really try to even it out but most of my sims are lesbians or bisexual women. my perfect world *lol*
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:22 AM
Most of my Sims seem to be gay. It was their choice.
I just call it population control.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 9:53 AM Last edited by poi_boi : 5th Jun 2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
dynter236 I like that. Population control has a much nicer ring to it than some other names I've heard. Mother natures way of saying your beeding too quickly, slow down a bit.

In Pleasantview I let them make up their own minds.
I created a single male sim who turned out bi but still wanted to marry a townie. Their child was bi as a teen but married a simgle mum sim and started making babies.
Next was a joined gay couple who always went for other guys. Maybe being joined to begin with changed their preference to just guys.
The single romance sims always seem to go bi. One exception to this is the romance sim born to two the two gay guys after i got the hack for same sex couples to 'try for baby'. He was totally gay.
My flatmate created a single elder male who was chasing young girlies until the day he died.
To replace her now deceased sim she made a lesbian couple that both wanted childern and kept bringing guys home behind each others backs so they ended up bi with kids.

Most of the popularity and romace sim's wants led them to go bi.
Family sims that are married/joined seem to remain faithful to who they were joined to, gay or straight.
Fortune sims don't care so long as they marry/join someone with a huge bankacount.
Knowlege sims are hard to pick. It's the quiet ones that can surprise you.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:26 PM
One of my knowledge sims is a total slut. I have no idea why. He just keeps wanting to woohoo people so often maybe it's a bug. He also has this kinky fetish that he wants all his lovers to be abducted. In fact one time 3 of his wants involved getting family and lovers abducted. He's getting creepy. Is that a mad scientist thing? Is it because he's outgoing and mean? His lovers have had about 15 kids from the abductions I did to keep him happy. One had a nervous breakdown. Several are afraid of their own children. I didn't let him marry or have kids of his own because, while he's fun to play, I am not sure I want his personality passed down. LOL.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 5:02 AM
You always have the option to flirt with people, regardless or gender, nothing can change that. However, your sims actually DO have a preference. If you play your male sim and don't ever flirt or do anything romantic with another male, you will still always have the CHOICE to do it, but I don't think your sim will ever have a WANT to flirt with a man or anything of that sort, and isn't likely to autonomously do it either. While, if you manually flirt with a bunch of male sims, you won't find yourself with wants to flirt with female sims. It's not hard to prefer both. If you go through the game flirting with people without regard to their gender (like I do... lol) your sims will end up wanting to flirt with anybody whether it's guy or girl. So basically, even though you have the CHOICE to flirt with the same sex, the game does not in any way encourage you to do so (through wants) unless you have done so previously.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Jun 2005 at 6:04 AM
I've been playing the same neighborhood since Oct 2004 and not once has any of my sims been attracted to the same sex....not even a desire to flirt with the same sex. I guess my simmies like the straight life just like me.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 2