Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#26 Old 15th Nov 2016 at 7:29 AM
I think I'll only come by 2-3 times a week, I hope more.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
Original Poster
#27 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 2:55 AM
@Vincent T. and @Johnny_Bravo You two have made me very happy- thank you!!! I will talk with the admins and let you know what the next step is.

Anyone who still wants to join, please let me know.
dodgy builder
#28 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 12:18 PM
My life is a wip as well as what I do on here. Some weeks I can be here every day while others I will hardly be in at all. It depends. I build quite complicated in ts3 with cfe, in ts4 I'm more simple, but then the game is simpler too when it comes to building, and gaming.
Scholar
#29 Old 16th Nov 2016 at 7:09 PM
Yeah, I'm quite happy to lend a hand with advice and such, as and when I can. My availability will probably be very much like Volvenom's; some weeks I'll check in every day, others, not so much.
Instructor
#30 Old 17th Nov 2016 at 3:01 PM
I would like to join too. But I would prefer to focus only on help with fantasy/unrealistic concepts cause that is my "comfort zone" :D

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 7:17 AM
Thank you @Volvenom and @Fergus' Mind and @Crowkeeper. You are all added to the list.
Volvenom, I think you can help in TS4?
Fergus' Mind, can you help in TS2?
dodgy builder
#32 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 11:19 AM
If it's a group we can help each other. I can help along in ts4 as it's needed or I can contribute.
Instructor
#33 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 2:47 PM
As a part in a group, I will say yes. I foresee about the same time commitment as Volvenom and Ferg. As far as focus or specialty, I guess I like to think that I can always knock things out of the park with my mad roofing skills. I am definitely not a CFE god/dess like, say, Tee Hee She, but I know my way around the tools well enough. I tend to like "recreations", if mostly in spirit and not accuracy. (I do have base game TS4 and TS2UC, though I pretty sure I've forgotten how CFE works in 2.)
dodgy builder
#34 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 3:59 PM
I don't think cfe is much different in sims2. It's chess mostly I think. You need some skills at planning ahead so all walls end up in the same place. A bit of an adventure spirit might also be handy.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 2:23 AM
It looks like we have our group. If anyone is still interested, we can always use more members. The next step is to form a social group, and then MTS staff will promote it on Site News.
We need a name. I suggest Mentoring for Builders. I realize that this is singularly uninspired, so please feel free to suggest something else. Thanks all!!!

Who is in:

Vincent T.
Johnny_Bravo
Volvenom
Fergus' Mind
Crowkeeper
cutsocks
attuned
Scholar
#36 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Fergus' Mind, can you help in TS2?

I used to be very proficient with TS2, although not so much now, but I have managed to recover a basic feel for what's possible within game. But remembering how it's actually created is a different matter. It might be a good idea to involve the TS2 creators who offer excellent advice over at CFF such as joandsarah77, Karen Lorraine, Peni Griffin, marka93 and Maxon to name a few.
dodgy builder
#37 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 11:18 AM
Maxon will be a mod from now I think.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 3:25 AM
Fergus' Mind- I thought about inviting some specific builders from TS2 and TS4 (if I could find them). The current group is mostly TS3 builders. I posted this in Lot Creators to gain the attention of the people most likely to want to be involved. I am torn between inviting some TS2 builders individually, or posting a general thread in the TS2 CFF. What do the rest of you think?

Also, three days and no official word from MTS staff. I hope that's not a bad sign.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 7:16 AM
I think a personal invite might have better results. You could have a look at the urban conversion contest here, there are some awesome builders participating.

Also, how will mentees "apply" for mentoring? Is there a process to remove them from the mentoring group?

I guess it's a busy time for all of us, so let's assume they didn't found time yet to look into this.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 2:32 AM
Hi everyone. I submitted a proposal to MTS on Nov.18 but haven't heard back. Perhaps now that the Calendar Contest is closed we might hear something. If anyone has any thoughts on recruiting more TS2 and TS4 builders, please post.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 3:33 AM
@Vincent T.
@Johnny_Bravo
@Volvenom
@Fergus' Mind
@Crowkeeper
@cutsocks

Okay, we are all officially approved by MTS staff. I will be setting up a social group. We need a name, a paragraph to describe what we are offering, and a picture for our group (optional). If anyone has any ideas for any of the above, please post. I am hoping to set this up on the weekend so we are all set to go next week. Thanks, everyone!
Alchemist
#42 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 12:13 PM
Get your own mentor! -GYOM!
Ugh I'm bad at giving names.

#43 Old 16th Dec 2016 at 5:21 PM
The mentor group or the nentor trail ?
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 18th Dec 2016 at 5:49 PM
Sorry, I can't come up with something useful - who needs "Mentors anonymous for all lot designs - awesome!" (MAFALDA). I think i am even worse than Johnny_Bravo.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 8:07 AM
Hopefully you have all gotten the invitation to our new group: Mentoring for Builders. I am preparing a brief description of our group to the MTS staff so that we will be featured in Site News.

I would love to have a logo, if anyone is interested in finding or creating an image, please post.

If you are comfortable doing so, please add a link to the group in your signature.

Thanks all !!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#46 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 9:21 AM
There is talk of starting a mentoring program here at MTS. An experienced builder would volunteer to work with a new builder for sims 2 or 3 or 4. How do you feel about this? What are the pros or cons? Are you interested in being a mentor? Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Hi, got your pm. This is the the kind of thing I like only I am currently waiting for my training as a queue mod and I don't know if I will have the time once that starts. Is this just something where you jump in and help when you see something you can help with? I only know about building in Sims 2 not the other games.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 3:05 AM Last edited by attuned : 27th Dec 2016 at 4:48 AM.
Hi Jo- Congrats on queue mod.

All of the people who have signed up so far build in TS3. Volvenom also builds in TS4. Some of us were builders in TS2, but are VERY rusty. You (and hopefully a few more) would be our TS2 mentor. I am hopeful that this will be successful, but who knows. It won't be a big time commitment. We can even @ mention you when we need a TS2 expert.

We would love to have you join us.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 22nd Dec 2016 at 3:09 AM Last edited by attuned : 27th Dec 2016 at 6:10 AM.
Hi all
I think it is a good idea to continue to use this thread to communicate about the mentoring group, so as not to confuse our future (hypothetical) mentees.
With Christmas only 4 days away, I think it will be slow for a while.
We still need a logo.
We have been promised a mention in Site News, at some point.
Do we want to introduce ourselves on the Welcome thread?
Potential signature link: Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here
(If you reply to this post you can copy and paste the above to add to your signature. )

Happy Holidays!

New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#49 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 4:00 PM
Many of us were builders in TS2, but are VERY rusty.

I've only just read this, but I can confirm the fact that, -at least I-, have completely oxidated when it comes to building in TS2. Don't know about the others.
TS4 and I still aren't friends.

#50 Old 27th Dec 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I've only just read this, but I can confirm the fact that, -at least I-, have completely oxidated when it comes to building in TS2. Don't know about the others.
TS4 and I still aren't friends.

You are very funny, in English, which I believe is not your native language, which makes it even more awesome.

New at Simszoo

Page 2 of 3