Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Letcupcake
Sorry for barging in, but why aren't the may and september entries on the board?
Please be more specific, who's entries are you asking about?

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The Halloween one is the "Leader of the Pack" - that's not a pet!
Is that entry OK?
No, it's an animal (pet/sim), sorry.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:42 AM
Does the penguin count as an animal? Only I have a picture with one in it. Universals are objects.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
Please be more specific, who's entries are you asking about?

N-Fluen$e's May entry here

and Kankritty's September entry here

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
N-Fluen$e's May entry here

and Kankritty's September entry here
Thanks Charmful - I missed them, will link them in later.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 4:50 PM
Both the penguin and the "Leader of the Pack" are NPC characters - as are the skunk, butterflies, Santa, EB, and several others...
Quote:
Use your creativity to showcase your sims in a shot fitting for each month of the year. The picture should be a landscape or build/decor picture without sims representing the "feel" of a particular month...

SO... statues are OK - like Jo's birds (a beautiful shot BTW :luff and the gruesome hunk of ribs in Hattie's Halloween pix - statues are usable.
Playable and nonplayable characters are not usable. Is that it? The penguin would be unacceptable, right?

Now - since HatSamPixie's first 2 attempts weren't acceptable/viable for this year's contest; can she submit 2 more? And should we delete the first 2 posts, or change the pictures in them out for the 2 new ones?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 8:01 PM
Appears that I'm building a beach lot for August. It's quite different from building for pure gameplay (where I don't usually worry that much about looks, at least initially).
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 9:23 PM
For August - "Night Fishin'"

Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#33 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 9:30 PM
For September - "Port Of Call"
...a great time of year to go on a cruise!

Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 9:40 PM
Is the leader of the pack a universal though? You can have puppies with him/her I did that in my test of time hood. Penguin you can't do anything with.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 12:45 PM
October
Theme: falling leaves
Field Researcher
#36 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 3:16 PM
August
Theme: Secluded beach cottage

Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 10:08 PM
Default octubre
Month: October
Theme: Death/Graveyard
Yes, I've killed that many sims. That's only a third of the total graveyard
Theorist
#38 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 11:27 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 25th Nov 2016 at 11:39 PM.
Month - February
Theme - In the mood for love (why let a little snow ruin celebrating with that special someone)

Credits:
Bistro table and chair by Honeywell
Fire pit by Veranka
All other items are from the game

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#39 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 11:28 PM
Month - November
Theme - First snowfall

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#40 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 11:33 PM
All up-to-date, including the ones I missed!

Thank you for your entries

Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 4:34 PM
Default noviembre
Month: November
Theme: small Thanksgiving
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 6:46 PM
Updated again Thanks for the entries, guys and gals

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 8:46 AM
@barbiepinklady part of the rules this year is that no sims or pets are allowed.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 2:42 PM
Sorry @barbiepinklady, no sims or pets in the photos please.

Theorist
#45 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 10:41 PM
September
Theme : harvest moon and bonfire

Mad Poster
#46 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 1:07 AM
Month: November

Finally had time to finish off this one...now to see if I can come up with anything worthwhile for a second submission in the next few days!

Screenshots

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 9:07 PM
All up-to-date. Keep the entries coming we've only got one more day!!!

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#48 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 9:37 PM
Default July Beach
This picture represents an iconic summer day. It is for July.

Mad Poster
#49 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 9:46 PM
While I'm still not sure what month it'll be for, I will have another entry up sometime within the next few hours, but I've kind of been wondering, given the low turnout for this year's TS2 calendar, when it comes to the months that right now only have one entry, should people continue submitting things even after the deadline, or even after having already submitted their two months? (could be that these wouldn't count towards the "contest" portion, but just the "practical" portion)

I ask because in the past the calendars have included the tradition 12-month/12 image versions, but also "weekly" calendars that used more than just 12 images, and especially for the spring and summer months, there might not be enough for that at the moment!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Link Ninja
#50 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
While I'm still not sure what month it'll be for, I will have another entry up sometime within the next few hours, but I've kind of been wondering, given the low turnout for this year's TS2 calendar, when it comes to the months that right now only have one entry, should people continue submitting things even after the deadline, or even after having already submitted their two months? (could be that these wouldn't count towards the "contest" portion, but just the "practical" portion)

I ask because in the past the calendars have included the tradition 12-month/12 image versions, but also "weekly" calendars that used more than just 12 images, and especially for the spring and summer months, there might not be enough for that at the moment!

Good point to bring up Zarathustra, I do like to use that 5-day a season calendar version and it looks like there's not a lot of Spring/Summer photos. Will there be a call for some more pics to fill up those spots?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 2 of 4