Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 8:15 PM
Ten contestants Opening the fermented juice bar to celebrate.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 11:04 PM
I'd like to be a part of this. I have never entered a contest here before, but I have a vast portfolio of lots, TS2 and TS3, some new and some quite old (and dated).

If a lot from a different website can act as my proof of building TS2 community lots, then I subject this Cham-Nagard Shopping Center from TSR: http://www.thesimsresource.com/memb...trip/id/780662/

If you need something from MTS, take your pick on my page. Although all my uploaded, non-Maxis Remodel TS2 community lots are from 9(!!!) years ago and may not have aged too well lol
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 4:07 AM
Welcome daman19942!
Mad Poster
#54 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 7:09 AM
I just read through all the posts and noticed something.

tcbandie10 does have some uploads here on MTS - I see that she did not mention it in her post (post 11).
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#55 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:19 AM
Because they are residential, not comm lots, Petro
Mad Poster
#56 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:33 AM
Yes, they are - but those she did link to for Emerald Heights was perhaps not all her own work, since she said she helped with those - these are, if examples of her skill is still is needed to perhaps help her to qualify - I know it may not be enough, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 3:39 AM
With the allowance for people who haven't uploaded community lots to play but not be judged, maybe I can play!

Here's some pics (and now you see why I don't upload, right?) of a residential lot. (The cc are Moune, I believe.)
Screenshots

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#58 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 12:52 PM
*lurks around waiting for an update*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:20 AM
Sorry for leaving everyone in the dark for a few days, I just got back from my best friend's wedding! It was a lovely ceremony and she made such a lovely Bride! (with an equally lovely Maid of Honor I might add! )

Justpetro, I PM'd tcbandie10 privately and discussed their application with them.

kanzen, I should have your on in a day or so. I might have time to start the first round tomorrow between my other social obligation, or otherwise, it will be Monday morning. I just got back from a wedding and for some reason thought it would be fine to also have out of town guests come in the next day, and go to my local miniatures club meeting in the morning before they arrive, then take them to a renaissance fair the next day after hosting them overnight. Really good planning on my part there! XD
Forum Resident
#60 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 7:26 AM
That's quite all right :3c I'm just so excited since I've been aching to build and re-purpose old buildings ever since my Architecture degree application went zilch cos we can't afford it lmao~

So yeah please take your time. We're all willing to wait for the magic to happen~
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 10:47 AM
I should be downloading CC for this, but I've been busy making it! I've been redoing my library while I wait for the contest to start.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:23 AM
No need to explain to me, @Phaenoh - I just like her lots, that's all
Looking forward to this as well - hoping to be able to tell architectural styles apart. Meanwhile, enjoy the weekend, everyone - the fermented juice bar will open on Monday!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:25 AM Last edited by PanAm103 : 17th Sep 2016 at 11:38 AM.
I have never participated in a contest before! I would like to join this one. Here's the link for my community lot: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=541487. It was my first upload, so I had time to improve (no more red pause lines now! :D)
Field Researcher
#64 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 2:23 PM
@Justpetro - I really appreciate your comments about my lots!
@Phaenoh - I cant wait to watch and possibly play along in the contest. I know I won't be judged, but playing along might help improve my skills

Maybe after some practice here, I can upload a few community lots to MTS.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:11 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 19th Sep 2016 at 3:45 AM.
PanAm, you are right on the edge with your skills, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and accept your application. Please keep in mind that this is going to be a very competitive contest. If you have a quick learning curve and really listen to all the feedback, I think you will do okay.

I regret to inform you all that AdonisPluto has had to withdraw from judging for personal reasons. I've PM'd someone who previously asked about being our EJ, but if that person declines, we will need another judge. This will not delay the start of our first round, which will launch tomorrow.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 3:56 AM
Good thing the contest didn't start early. Something corrupted my files, or....something. Game kept crashing when I opened the lot I was working on. Did a clean installation. So, have to reinstall Scriptorium, CEP, and edit my graphics file (I'm on Windows 10).

Could the weekend have been any more perfect for the Sims? :p
Mad Poster
#67 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:59 AM Last edited by gazania : 19th Sep 2016 at 6:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Letcupcake, GrijzePilion, ZenGarden, (and tcbandie10), I'll need to see some pictures of your building skills. If you've never built in TS2 before, it is unlikely that you'll be able to join us. I know it seems means that I'm not letting newbies in, but I want everyone to do well in this contest, and without solid building and decorating skills, it's going to be 3 months of 'you just aren't good enough' and that's depressing for you to hear and us to say. You are all welcome to follow along in the contest thread, and even post pictures of what would be your entry, but we won't be scoring you. Your fellow contestants might provide you with constructive feedback. And, you could wow us, and then I'll add you in, as applications do not close, but as it stands now, I need to stand by my application requirements. I've also been toying with the idea of mini bonus rounds in between for those not receiving a Building Permit where you'll be provided a small lot and only need to redecorate and you are all welcome to participate in those if we do indeed have them.

kerri, your library looks like it would have been amazing. Welcome to the contest! And thanks for being our 10th!

Yup. It looks like I'll be part of this observers' group, too. I often build residential and community lots like a woman possessed, sometimes for weeks at a time if I'm making a new hood (I find it therapeutic), but I have never uploaded. Karen Lorraine, thanks for the heads-up, but it looks like I'll have to observe as well. Probably for the best. There was recently a nasty setback in our family, I'll need to focus my energy on trying to pick up the pieces and move on, cannot guarantee I'll make every round, and if I do, I may not be able to put much into it. My focus will be elsewhere.

The mini bonus rounds for us contest misfits sounds interesting, though, and might be fun for beginners and advanced-beginners to give it a go. I might be able to try a one-off. I'm pretty sure I'll come in at the bottom with the points, but it might be fun. Maybe it can be called the lot flippers round. (TV reference there. Someone flipping a lot buys a lot in desperate need of renovation, fixes it, and sells it for a higher price.)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#68 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 6:23 AM
Why not just take some pictures of one of your lots gazania?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 3:47 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 20th Sep 2016 at 4:10 PM.
Default Round 1 Shell
Ok, ok, I'm awake. Man this weekend has been exhausting! I find it fitting that our first round happens to be churches, just days after my best friend's wedding. (She actually got married at a nature park, but still.) You have two weeks, but get them in early and I'll be able to tell you if you will be considered for a building permit. If I tell you no, you'll still have time to try again. Round 2 starts next Monday as well, here we go!

The first type of buildings the City is looking at to preserve are churches. You must create a church on a 3x4 (deeper than wide) lot. It needs to have a vestibule, sanctuary, balcony, bell tower, large community room w/ kitchen, nursery, Sunday school rooms, administrative area with reception and at least 2 offices, restrooms, and parking for 4+. Many churches of this style accomplish so much by either making use of their basements add/or building an addition on the back. See the included images for basic styling.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 4:45 PM Last edited by kerri191 : 19th Sep 2016 at 5:01 PM.
I read church, and almost squealed like 10 year old. And then I focused on the architectural style. Extreme heights of happiness and profound distress should not be felt so close together. I have whiplash.

I did some searching as I'm not very good at recognizing styles right away. These churches look neo-gothic. Is this right? Or no? Yes?
Field Researcher
#71 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 4:49 PM
Many churches of this style accomplish so much by either making use of their basements add/or building an addition on the back.

'An addition' which here means 'a separate building', am I right?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kerri191
I did some searching as I'm not very good at recognizing styles right away. These churches look neo-gothic. Is this right? Or no? Yes?

American Gothic Revival is as close as I could come to finding the correct style name, though the one on the left most is actually Romanesque Revival. We aren't going to be judging on how well you research the hell out of it to discover if your flying buttresses are spaced too close together, your church just needs to look like it belongs in this group. That's why I didn't specifically say the style name. We aren't going to be that picky. You just need to pass the Sesame Street Song Test of 'One of these things is not like the others...'

Quote: Originally posted by Liv
'An addition' which here means 'a separate building', am I right?
No, usually 'addition' means extra space that was added onto the original building at a later date. Often the architecture or roof lines of the addition don't quite match. The idea is that you won't have to go outside to get to these other places. A good example of a church with an addition on the back, is my own old St. Bestine. Sorta OT; while the inside of that still looks great, yikes, that exterior build! >.< Well, it was 5 years ago, and it's no where near as terrible as my first version of that church from 2007 - oh pass the eye bleach!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:16 PM
American Gothic Revival is as close as I could come to finding the correct style name, though the one on the left most is actually Romanesque Revival. We aren't going to be judging on how well you research the hell out of it to discover if your flying buttresses are spaced too close together, your church just needs to look like it belongs in this group. That's why I didn't specifically say the style name. We aren't going to be that picky. You just need to pass the Sesame Street Song Test of 'One of these things is not like the others...

Thanks. I can be a bit too literal, I suppose.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#74 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:29 PM
*rubs hands together in a slightly maniacal way and cackles*

Ooops...I mean, oh this looks like a fun one *tries to look innocent - fails*
Mad Poster
#75 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:32 PM
Sounds like fun.... I better have a fermented juice first

Page 3 of 37