Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 4:14 AM
Default Realistic Skins????
i have searched all i can and still i cannot find anything. ive seen alot of screens that show skins that are very realistic with better abs, better chest, females with cleavage, more realistic breasts, ect. they look wayyyyy better than the default sims, and would really love to have them in the game. here is an example of the type of skins im talking about, any help would be terrific on where i can find some of these. thanks so much.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 4:35 AM
Simply elau has some great skins...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 6:33 AM
yea i went there, i downloaded and unzipped the files in my downloads section but they didnt show up in the game. plus there was only females. thanks for your response though, if you know of anymore, please let me know.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 6:42 AM
Well, they aren't as muscular, but do you like these?

You can get them here:

http://mado.new21.net/louis/sims/

In 4 different tones, including an extra pale. And the faces are realistic, too.

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button
So cradle your head in your hands
And breathe....Just breathe....
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 5:37 PM
Simderz is working on some beautiful realistic skins. I don't know when she will be done with them but you might check her site for updates on her progress and to see some screenies of how things are looking so far.
http://simderz.moonfruit.com/
I think once they are done these are gonna be fantastic!!

Oh yeah the skins are under W.I.P sim nudity
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 6:03 PM
garnettrules21, where did the example picture you posted come from?
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 6:10 PM
I know where to get those...
I just looked at where the image was hosted from, and behold, they were there. Unfortuneately, you need to pay 4.95 a month to simchic for use of their downloads. This irritates the hell out of me, Maxis just wasn't thinking when it came to copyright laws; they sould have done what Bethesda did. Any custom content made for Morrowind was free, if you even tried to sell it, they'd come down on you like you wouldn't believe. If anyone has these skins, they should redistribute them if not just to teach simchic a lesson.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 7:24 PM
thanks for the replies, them look pretty good and keep them comin if you find more. the pic like agouti said is from simchic.com, she has some good skins but hardly anything else, especially not worth 4.95 a month.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Agouti
If anyone has these skins, they should redistribute them if not just to teach simchic a lesson.

I totally disagree with this.
I'm against this kind of commerce, I don't like people who sell ts add-on (the game itself cost so much.. why do we need to pay other money just for amateur content?), I dislike site who offer ts things for money etc.
But,as i make skin too, I know it's a long, hard work, that takes hours and care.
Stealing other people work and redistribuite is not only illegal because of the copyright, but also immoral.
They want money for their skin?
Ok, i'll try on another free site.

But redistribuite others skin it's wrong imho.

Ps. [IT] My skintones they also have the male version with some hair etc but not all that muscle tone, I don't like it on my sims
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 7:08 PM
Oh? And you think it's all right that somebody else makes money for an add-on for somebody else’s product? If that person was selling just textures, I'd have no problem, but seeing as they are already packaged and meant for the Sims 2, in my eyes I see that as a copyright violation, whether it truly is or not. I would have no problem with it whatsoever if it was just to cover the cost of hosting their website, but it clearly isn't.

Like I said, Maxis should step up to the plate and take charge.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Apr 2005 at 7:20 PM
I have some shiney realistic ones at TSR

http://www.thesimsresource.com/item...D&search=490631
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Agouti
Oh? And you think it's all right that somebody else makes money for an add-on for somebody else’s product?

Quote: Originally posted by SimplyStella
I'm against this kind of commerce, I don't like people who sell ts add-on (the game itself cost so much.. why do we need to pay other money just for amateur content?), I dislike site who offer ts things for money etc.
They want money for their skin?
Ok, i'll try on another free site.

:smash:
I personally don't like pay sites, I will never sell my skins etc but, stealing is wrong.
Paysites exists 'cos there is people willing to pay for ts things.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 7:00 PM
You need to talk to the Morrowind community, you'll understand how I feel. You simmers have become used to this sort of thing because Maxis let it run rampant.
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#14 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 4:13 PM
Regardless of whether you think it's right or not, we don't promote free distribution of something that is being sold someplace else. If you want to protest a site or an artist that charges, don't visit the site or download the stuff, but legally, it still constitutes stealing, and we will not have that going on here, OK?

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:28 AM
hey this could be a really cool thread!! i am always looking for free realistic kinda skin tones!! and i agree with faylen...and these people do have to pay for their sites...so they make good stuff and get people to buy it...its fair so it makes it easier to pay bandwith...it is nice to have lotsa free sites but u cant forget that these people are spending their own money just to make us happy...and if people dont like that then thats their problem...thats just what i think though...
Instructor
#16 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:35 AM
I got those skins already!! they are awesome!!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:53 AM
mmm...me 2!! and i wanna know where u can get other ones!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 4:55 AM
post what for you??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 5:09 AM
i was referring to darkwolfs post
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 11:57 PM
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...ID=2&startRow=1

hopefully the link works, I firgured this would do more good at the official BBS
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
#21 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 1:32 AM
Posts that help other people steal content are frowned upon as well.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
#22 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 2:56 AM
I've seen a few around. I know that Simply Elau has them... http://www.simplyelau.it/ but I think it's on a temporary break because she's moving to a different server/host.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Apr 2005 at 10:42 PM
I suppose I may have just been spoiled all these years, as my dad owns a server so I have pretty much unlimited hosting, storage, and bandwidth, so all I'd have to pay for to get a site going is the, what, $9/year for a domain?

Still, though. I've gotten into creating custom content pretty quickly here, and though certainly my creations aren't the best, or even very numerous, I would never charge to access them. It's too easy for someone to toss them up on the Exchange, or claim them as their own and distribute them freely, or put them on a P2P site and then any possible revenue you would've earned from it is gone... I certainly don't support stealing peoples' work if they HAVE asked for money in return for it (as obviously they did the work with the idea that they would have some monetary compensation for it), but I also don't support, in general, charging for Sims 2 items.

I've paid about $680 in total to play the Sims 2. $600 for a new computer, plus about $40 each for Sims 2 and University. I feel that's damn well good enough to play a game. I'm not subscribed to TSR; if there are items I want on there that aren't currently free, I make a note of it and check back every few days to see if the ones I want have made the rotation. However, I find the hassle of doing so enough to keep me from using it for all but the skins and items I just squeal and keel over happily dead from. I really don't see the point of the donation sets, monthly charge sites, etc... I understand it does take a lot of time and effort to make these items. I've started making some basic ones myself so I do understand the amount of work and attention to detail it takes to get a quality item. I share them freely to allow everyone to get as much enjoyment from their game as they can get; my items give me joy, so I assume that they may do so for someone else as well. If I run into a site that begs for donations, or requires that you pay any sort of fee for their items, I go somewhere else. There are plenty of amazingly talented creators doing free sites that I'm really not too concerned if a handful of people demand payment in return for their creations.

Those people are clearly in it more for the money than for the creative process and entertainment of the game, and personally, I feel it shows in their work. Asking for donations for bandwidth if you enjoy and use their creations is fine, but it's those that require it, or only release their good or new content via "donation sets" that bug me.

I don't know how the copyright things work with custom content made for a game, but I'm with Bethesda on how Morrowind was made. You're creating content simply for their game, to further the enjoyment of their game. Your content should be available freely, or you should keep it for yourself.

If you want to ask for donations purely for bandwidth for your site, go ahead, but I don't feel it's fair or right that so many people here and on lots of amazing sites out there put out fantastic custom content that's available freely, but other sites say, "Y'know, my stuff's so good, you should have to pay for it." If everyone who got into making custom content for Sims 2 did that, we wouldn't have these 10,000+ items in our download folders (I'm at about 3,500 and climbing), and I think a lot of us would be upset at having to pay $5/month or however much to a dozen or so sites to get all the stuff we'd like.

Personally, I think Chriko's gothic dress mesh with the corsetted waist is the most fantastic piece of custom content I've downloaded, and I'm delighted that it's available free. It's the open exchange of content and creativity that makes a gaming community truly enjoyable, and adds to the richness of the game itself, too.

Anyway, that's my two cents (well, it's more like $1.50, but who's counting?).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 2:06 AM
very well said
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Apr 2005 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
If I run into a site that begs for donations, or requires that you pay any sort of fee for their items, I go somewhere else. There are plenty of amazingly talented creators doing free sites that I'm really not too concerned if a handful of people demand payment in return for their creations.

I agree with this.
I pay about 30 € (.. well it's like 30 $) for my domain and I'm unemployed, so I decided to open a donation section on my site.
This doesn't mean that you have to pay to download anything.. There are no donation gift or whatever.
The site is still totally free and you pay only if you want - and you wont get anything back, exept for my gratitude lol.
I find this right.
When I enter a pay-per-download site, I leave it in two second, lol..
But that doesn't mean it's right to steal they're work and redistribuite, tho.
Locked thread
Page 1 of 3